Best Xbox 360 Pre-Order? Read, Too Long For Headline

PittsburghAfterDark

CAGiversary!
I was at Media Play today and this is what the salesguy told me their deal on the Xbox 360 would be.

$50 guarantees you system, extra controller, two games of your choice, 64MB memory card and a "Free gift" which they're pretty sure is either going to be Halo 2 or the rumored Xbox 360 enhanced Halo 2. Final purchase price for the bundle is $500 GUARANTEED even if the Xbox 360 is priced at $350.

Now, that sounds like a bundle for street value, what makes it so great? Their rewards program.

According to the sales rep who is going by their current rewards program for consoles, accesories, games etc. He thinks the final bundle should net $85 in rewards coupons/gift certificates. He then went on to tell me that if you renewed that day or signed up for their rewards program that day the points would double. If true that would result in $170 in rewards/certificates within 3 weeks of purchase.

Frankly I think the guy screwed up, but I grilled him incessently and he swore it was the truth. I can't see getting $170 in gift certificates on a $500 purchase.

If anyone else can confirm this by phone call, in person or is a Media Play/Sam Goody employee I'm sure we'd all appreciate it. I'm thinking the guy was mistaken. If not, this is the CAG value on the Xbox 360 that can't be beat.

[quote name='little_krampy']What are these "rewards/certificates" though?

Is anyone here going to buy a 360 for >$299?[/QUOTE]

Yes, $360 is high as I go.

Moved to Deal Discussions.

[quote name='little_krampy']What are these "rewards/certificates" though?

Is anyone here going to buy a 360 for >$299?[/QUOTE]

I used to have the "Replay" membership. It was pretty good. Every so much you spend, you earn $5 gift certificates. Plus, they often have double/triple point days, and special members-only prices on stuff.

This bundle may be worth looking into. Thanks OP.

It looks like a good deal to me with the gift certificates.

I could get 3 more games with the certificates.

360, extra controller, Five games, 64MB memory card and a "Free gift" for $500. If this is true I will be Preordering some time this week.

That doesn't look that bad if the info about the replay points are true. I just might have to check it out and pre-order. Gamestop around here is saying they are on the 3rd shipment now so I really don't want to go there. Besides, everyone is going to want some games with the system and $500 total isn't that bad.
System - $360
2 Games - $110
extra controller - $30
memory card - $25
"Free Gift" - ???

so thats at least $525 value plus the free gift...
Not a bad deal at all and replay points ontop would make it a great deal.
I think I will be heading to Media Play this week to Pre-order....

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']That doesn't look that bad if the info about the replay points are true. I just might have to check it out and pre-order. Gamestop around here is saying they are on the 3rd shipment now so I really don't want to go there. Besides, everyone is going to want some games with the system and $500 total isn't that bad.
System - $360
2 Games - $110
extra controller - $30
memory card - $25
"Free Gift" - ???

so thats at least $525 value plus the free gift...
Not a bad deal at all and replay points ontop would make it a great deal.
I think I will be heading to Media Play this week to Pre-order....[/QUOTE]

That's if the games are 55. Unless something was announced that I am unaware of, games could be $50-$70 making this a better or worse deal depending on which way it swings.

[quote name='Tromack']That's if the games are 55. Unless something was announced that I am unaware of, games could be $50-$70 making this a better or worse deal depending on which way it swings.[/QUOTE]

OK, so take $10 off that calculation and you are still ahead $15 with the bundle assuming the rest of the figures are correct.

Well on the prices I was just looking at what most things go for now and what the system is rumored to cost. If the games are going to be more that just makes it a better deal, plus I didn't add on a value for the "Free gift".

[quote name='ajh2298']How much does it cost to become a "Replay" member?[/QUOTE]

I think it cost around $10-15 but you get double points on what you buy when you sign up plus a $15 cert. for signing up. (at least I did when I signed up)

I guess I would like to see the deal in writing. You get $5 for every $100 you spend right? So in this case you would get $25x2 if they give you the bonus and you would get $50 to spend at FYE.

So the only reason to buy this is for the $50 check to spend at FYE.

[quote name='mr_pollock']The memory card is a waste of $30[/QUOTE]

Could you not return it on the spot for a third controller or maybe credit towards another game?

[quote name='Indiana']I guess I would like to see the deal in writing. You get $5 for every $100 you spend right? So in this case you would get $25x2 if they give you the bonus and you would get $50 to spend at FYE.

So the only reason to buy this is for the $50 check to spend at FYE.[/QUOTE]

What's FYE have to do with this? Totally different parent company.

Anyway, pretty shitty that they make you buy a bundle this next generation. I bought both my Cube and Xbox at Media Play at launch and they didn't require a bundle (and I got them for either 20% or 25% off using gift cards I bought at giftcertificates.com for the discounted price using coupon codes...I miss the internet upstarts giving away free money :whistle2:( ).

[quote name='Kuma']The best preorder is gonna be the one that doesnt try to screw you over with bundles[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. I only deal with GameStop when preordering systems because they never pull bundle crap. Everyone else around here makes you buy junk you don't really want, whether it's a good deal or not.

[quote name='superhugebutt']I agree completely. I only deal with GameStop when preordering systems because they never pull bundle crap. Everyone else around here makes you buy junk you don't really want, whether it's a good deal or not.[/QUOTE]

Well the gamestop around me is saying they are on the 3rd (by now 4th maybe) shipment of the system. Sorry but I got my Xbox from them when it came out and had it paid in full over a month from release and they kept pushing back when I was getting it. I won't preorder a system from them again. With the bundle the only thing I see that I really wouldn't be getting anyway is the memory card...So to me Media Play seems like a good choice.

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']Well the gamestop around me is saying they are on the 3rd (by now 4th maybe) shipment of the system. Sorry but I got my Xbox from them when it came out and had it paid in full over a month from release and they kept pushing back when I was getting it. I won't preorder a system from them again. With the bundle the only thing I see that I really wouldn't be getting anyway is the memory card...So to me Media Play seems like a good choice.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean... I have two GameStop stores near me - one is evil and the other is great. I just prefer their no bundle policy. I'd say do whatever best satisfies your wallet. :D

I don't succumb to hype, so I won't preorder a system. I have to see all 3 before I decide to buy any of them.

bread's done
Back