Best Xbox Game Tournament (Cast YOUR vote now)

ksuwild25

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I saw this type of poll on another gamesite so I wanted to try it out. The tournament is set up like this. A game to get nominated 3 times is in the "bracket". So if the first 3 posts have Halo on their lists, there is no reason for the users after that to have Halo on their nomination list cuz it's already in. We all submit one post that consists of our 10 favorite xbox games that don't already have 3 votes. Please no nominees past this week's release date (ex. Fable or Halo 2) There is no nominating a game more than once in a single post (ex. no 10 nominations of Halo from a single user). Also GTA: Vice City and GTA 3 will need to be separate votes cuz they are different games. I think we should have either 32 or 64 nominees depending on what you guys think then after we have all the nominees it works like a regular tournament with 2 games going against each other and the one with the most votes win. I think I covered all the rules so let's get underway. Here's my list:

Halo
Ninja Gaiden
The Suffering
Star Wars: KOTOR
Splinter Cell
Deathrow
NBA Inside Drive 2004
Silent Hill 2
Beyond Good & Evil
Brute Force

I decided to show the list on the front so more can see it that way.

Made it in:

1. Halo
2. Star Wars: KOTOR
3. Ninja Gaiden
4. Otogi
5. Morrowind
6. Project Gotham Racing 2
7. Beyond Good & Evil
8. Splinter Cell
9. Madden 2004
10. Fuzion Frenzy
11. Panzer Dragoon Orta
12. Grand Theft Auto Vice City
13. Jet Set Radio Future
14. Rainbow Six 3
15. Soul Calibur 2

2 votes:

Brute Force
ESPN Football
Mechassault
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Top Spin

1 vote:

007 NightFire
Amped 2
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 2
Counter Strike
DDR Ultramix
Deathrow
D&D Heroes
ESPN NBA
ESPN Hockey
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Grand Theft Auto 3
I-Ninja
Kung Fu Chaos
Metal Arms
Midnight Club 2
Moto GP 2
NBA Hoops Vol. 2
NBA Inside Drive 2004
Outlaw Golf
Phantasy Star Online
Silent Hill 2
The Suffering
Time Splitters 2

Halo
Morrowwind
Fuzion Frenzy
Brute Force
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Midnight Club 2
007 NightFire
Boulders Gate: Dark Alliance 2
Time Splitters 2
Phantasy Star Online

Wow, narrowing it down to only 10 is hard!

Ninja Gaiden
Halo
Star Wars: KotOR
Metal Arms
Splinter Cell
Otogi
Madden 2004
Top Spin
Project Gotham Racing 2

Only having 10 on it is hard....I just figured these were the ones I had that I put the most and best time into.

D&D Heroes
NBA Hoops Vol. 2
ESPN NBA
Soul Calibur 2
Madden 2004
Outlaw Golf
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Otogi
Fuzion Frenzy
Kung Fu Chaos

Ninja Gaiden
Halo
Otogi
ESPN Football
Star Wars: KOTOR
Morrowind
Rainbow Six 3
Project Gotham Racing 2
Amped 2
Beyond Good & Evil

Personally I think you should just list your top 10 regardless of how many votes they already have. I guess you could cut your list down by taking out any of your top 10 that are already 'in'. Plus that could give you an easy way to 'seed' the teams. How are you going to do this anyway, one thread per head-to-head matchup? I'd clear it with Cheapy if that's the plan as that would create a lot of threads on the board. (Still this particular board doesn't really get that much traffic.)

Splinter Cell!!!
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
I-Ninja
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Beyond Good & Evil
Madden 2004
Jet Set Radio Future
Halo
DDR Ultramix
Fuzion Frenzy

I guess you could post your top 10 but it could take longer with users posting the same game over and over again. The seeding was going to go as the order of the 3 votes (ex. Halo is the #1 seed cuz it got 3 votes first, KOTOR #2, Ninja Gaiden #3, etc.) Now the actual round tournament, I didn't want to take up too much space in this forum either so I was probably going to do it like a list of the game matchups according to the round. Here's my example:

Round 1:

Halo vs. #64 (or 32) - I would pick Halo then go down to the next matchup
Star Wars: KOTOR vs. #63 (or 31) - KOTOR
Ninja Gaiden vs #62 (or 30) - #62
Otogi vs #61 (or 29) - Otogi
etc... I would go through all the matchups like this in one post (I plan on making a list so you can just copy and paste the matchups and then just vote for your favorite) voting for my teams in the matchup.

I hope this clears up some questions.

My X-box top 10 are:
Halo
Project Gotham Racing 2
KOTOR
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Moto GP 2
Splinter Cell
Madden 2004
GTA double pack
ESPN Hockey
Soul Calibur 2

[quote name='ksuwild25']I guess you could post your top 10 but it could take longer with users posting the same game over and over again. The seeding was going to go as the order of the 3 votes (ex. Halo is the #1 seed cuz it got 3 votes first, KOTOR #2, Ninja Gaiden #3, etc.) Now the actual round tournament, I didn't want to take up too much space in this forum either so I was probably going to do it like a list of the game matchups according to the round. [/quote]

Sounds like a good plan to me. At the rate this thread is going, it's going to take a month to get 32 teams :shock:

bump. If there are not anymore nominees posted by this Sunday I guess I'll just use the ones we already have. I know there's probably more xbox users (especially now w/ the price drop) so come on and cast your votes even if it's only 2 or 3 games.

I kind of figured Halo would probably end up on top along w/ KOTOR and Ninja Gaiden. I wanted to see how other games do that I haven't played (Fuzion Frenzy, PGR 2 r some) that way it could help influence me on what game to look for next. Some games I don't ever think about, but if I see that lots of people like it, more than likely I might give it a shot (Deathrow, and BG& E are games I can't believe I passed up so many times).

Panzer Dragoon Orta
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Jet Set Radio Future
Rainbow Six 3
Soul Calibur 2
Splinter Cell
ESPN Football
Mechassault
Counter Strike

The torney should be kept to 8-16 games tops.
I-ninja? Fusion Frenzy? Outlaw Golf? no point listing mediocre games in a contest to decide the best. Also, how come you don't just use the voting system everyone else uses?

If you just want to keep it at sixteen that means only one more gets in, so I wouldn't care it's whatever you guys think. Some of these might be mediocre games to you or to me, but they got in because multiple users liked them. I just wanted to try this voting way since it seemed popular at another website game board where they were getting about 200-500 votes in.

bread's done
Back