Bestbuy 10% back in rewards vs 25% point Bonus

stevey22

CAGiversary!
If i spend $100 on a amazon fire tv. I get 10% back in rewards using a Best buy credit card (Get 5 points (1 base point plus 4 bonus points) per $1 spent (10% back in rewards) during 5/18/14 – 5/31/14. Now if I am an elite plus member I get a 25% point bonus. First question is do I get the point bonus and the 10% back in rewards. I'm almost sure you do but everyone in the store and on the phone tells me something different and usually seem pretty clueless. Anyway so I would be getting $10 in a rewards certificate using the credit card + a 25% point bonus which would just be an extra 25 points ($0.50) right? I'm sure its not 25% back in rewards which would be 35% if they stacked. Anyway just sorta wanted to confirm how it all works from people who actually know. Thanks.  

1 guy said you get 10% back in rewards and nothing else. So i said ok.. so you don't get 25% point bonus on top he said no. I asked another guy just to see what he would say, "Do I get 35% back in rewards (25+10)", he said no the system will lock you at 25% back no matter what which makes no sense because best buy would never give anyone 25% back in rewards. So just found it funny how no one seems to understand point bonus vs % back in rewards. Anyway if I'm wrong please someone let me know lol. 

Lastly even with this promotion does the target redcard still win out or is this better for the time being. Trying to figure it all out. Gets a little confusing when you have to go by points.

Last edited by a moderator:
If i spend $100 on a amazon fire tv. I get 10% back in rewards using a Best buy credit card (Get 5 points (1 base point plus 4 bonus points) per $1 spent (10% back in rewards) during 5/18/14 – 5/31/14. Now if I am an elite plus member I get a 25% point bonus. First question is do I get the point bonus and the 10% back in rewards. I'm almost sure you do but everyone in the store and on the phone tells me something different and usually seem pretty clueless. Anyway so I would be getting $10 in a rewards certificate using the credit card + a 25% point bonus which would just be an extra 25 points ($0.50) right? I'm sure its not 25% back in rewards which would be 35% if they stacked. Anyway just sorta wanted to confirm how it all works from people who actually know. Thanks.

1 guy said you get 10% back in rewards and nothing else. So i said ok.. so you don't get 25% point bonus on top he said no. I asked another guy just to see what he would say, "Do I get 35% back in rewards (25+10)", he said no the system will lock you at 25% back no matter what which makes no sense because best buy would never give anyone 25% back in rewards. So just found it funny how no one seems to understand point bonus vs % back in rewards. Anyway if I'm wrong please someone let me know lol.

Lastly even with this promotion does the target redcard still win out or is this better for the time being. Trying to figure it all out. Gets a little confusing when you have to go by points.
The 25% point bonus isn't 25% back in rewards. It's basically receiving 1.25 points for each dollar instead of 1 point, or 2.5 points instead of 2 for using the Best Buy credit card. I'm not sure about getting the bonus with the 10% back in rewards.

bread's done
Back