BestBuy $100 RZ offer:Head 2 Head vs 8 retailers(AMZ, kmart etc)

[quote name='DudeImGodly']First off why wont they honor PM's during BF weekend?
Forza 4 is basically the Gran Turismo of xbox, but more open to the casual gamers. I soubt it'll hit $40[/QUOTE]

Because honouring PMs during BF is a form of financial suicide! I kid, but I guess since BB is probably having deals of its own, being made to price-match other retailers' deals on possible products BB was hoping would stabilize the discounts of what they have on sale, would be considered too much financial strain for the company. It makes sense, it's just annoying.

Example: Vendor A has a super-amazing sale on oranges, but keeps his apples priced the same (which allows him to have the orange sale). Vendor B sees Vendor A's sale, and has a sale on apples instead of oranges (to avoid direct competition), but can afford the sale because of their orange prices. If Vendor A matches Vendor B's apple sales and/or everyone else's sales, they'll win the most customers, but their overall prices will be lower than they can sustain. Doesn't help if one vendor puts all their eggs in one basket (as in having only a sale on DS games, but the focus allowing the lowest prices, it'd be ridiculous to expect a company with sales all-around to be able to match that). I realize that is TL;DR, but I did take an economics class and it had yet to be useful until now.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']First off why wont they honor PM's during BF weekend?
Forza 4 is basically the Gran Turismo of xbox, but more open to the casual gamers. I soubt it'll hit $40[/QUOTE]it's been a long standing exclusion from the pm policy
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011
Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Outlet Center and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Now last yr Walmart matched everybody but they make it up on volume other stores can do that b/c they don't move the same amount as walmart throughout the yr w/o deals.

Forza will sell alot but it's not going to move enoug units to hold the same price vs COD or BF3 so in order to maintain sales they can reduce the price to give it a jump. A customer will have to decide "do I pay full price for COD or save $20 on game A, then wait for COD to hit $40 instead." I'd your money is limited that sale can be the difference. Most 1st-2nd week sales get the diehards anyway down the line they want the deals.

I, being incredibly on the fence about this promotion, was actually REALLY hoping for this sort of thread, though I was also looking for pre-order bonuses to be included (if that's not too much to ask for *cough*). It also helps that the math's being done for us. : D It's a shame they're going to drop the point bonus for spending $150, there's not much you can do since you aren't charged until you pick up the game, either. The extra $20 was one of the big selling points forced upon me in BB by an incredbly pushy employee who took it upon himself to notify me of the deal when I went to pick up Trials HD/Limbo/Splosion Man for $10 this past weekend. *sigh* Not sure if I prefer clueless employees, or gaming-savvy ones (since they know exactly how to sell/force the pre-orders on you).

On-topic: If you need help with the pre-order bonus collecting, I can help. I was more just looking for ONE place where I could look and compare, due to the rampant amounts of different retail pre-order DLC this upcoming Fall/Winter. I also think that may take away some of the appeal of the pre-order threads that as some say "taint" the Deals forum.

As for CoD being on sale, ever? Just look at MW2 which on hit a permanent price-drop to $40 (at least for Best Buy) this past weekend. Now that most of the original IW staff are gone, I wonder whether or not the IW name/franchise will be enough to keep the Treyarch developed games viewed as the bastard children. BlOps' MSRP is still $60, as well.

Edit: I just realized how sad it was that AC: Brotherhood reached a sale point of $40 before MW2. If MS' PH/Sony's GH system was actually enforced, it would have been a PH/GH ages ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BobbyTastic']I, being incredibly on the fence about this promotion, was actually REALLY hoping for this sort of thread, though I was also looking for pre-order bonuses to be included (if that's not too much to ask for *cough*).
As for CoD being on sale, ever?
Edit: I just realized how sad it was that AC: Brotherhood reached a sale point of $40 before MW2. If MS' PH/Sony's GH system was actually enforced, it would have been a PH/GH ages ago.[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure there's a DLC thread already not quite sure how comprehesive it is though. I got into COD late but all the ones I bought at launch were loaded down with pre-order credit & I got a pm on top of it. It's been a while trying to remember if they came with $15 or $20 gc's. I do remember getting the $10 pre-order bonus on them though. You should easily expect at least another $20 credit on top of the $100.
It's completely up to the game company as to whether they want to become a GH. The only req. are be on the market for 9 months & sell a lil less than 1 mil although I think the previous system GH req. were more restrictive.

[quote name='Enuf']I'm pretty sure there's a DLC thread already not quite sure how comprehesive it is though. I got into COD late but all the ones I bought at launch were loaded down with pre-order credit & I got a pm on top of it. It's been a while trying to remember if they came with $15 or $20 gc's. I do remember getting the $10 pre-order bonus on them though. You should easily expect at least another $20 credit on top of the $100.
It's completely up to the game company as to whether they want to become a GH. The only req. are be on the market for 9 months & sell a lil less than 1 mil although I think the previous system GH req. were more restrictive.[/QUOTE]

They get to DECIDE? What the fuck kind of shit is that?

Regardless, update OP in terms of GC pricematches getting knocked out. I just would appreciate a pre-order bonus list, if you want I can make it myself for you to put in the OP.

Also, thank you for letting me know about Walmart, they seem to have the best deal for Batman: AC atm. (In terms of saving money).

Edit: To start it off, I have the Batman pre-order bonuses memorized apparently.

Best Buy -> Exclusive Playable Robin (playable within two exclusive challenge maps: Black Mask Hideout and Freight Train Escape)

Walmart -> Nothing

GS -> Exclusive Challenge Map: Joker's Carnival

Amazon -> Exclusive Arkham City comic.

BB wins in-terms of the best pre-order content imo, it'd be nice if they followed through with a solid GC bonus.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']They get to DECIDE? What the fuck kind of shit is that?
Regardless, update OP in terms of GC pricematches getting knocked out. I just would appreciate a pre-order bonus list, if you want I can make it myself for you to put in the OP.[/QUOTE]Yeah, it's up to them I kinda understand but at some point greed just takes over. I think Demon's soul became a GH fast as $hit but to them "alot" of sales maybe different then an EA game you know. But a game that sells 1 mil + the 1st week of Jan. could be an offcial $30 GH by Sept. that seems kinda fast right? Otherwise, every damn Madden game would be a GH. I mean it's better for us but I want the companies that make games I like to profit well so I get more games.

I think this thread is too cluttered as is I would've liked to have each retailer have their own space that way people could just follow a store or two also. If it was set up like that adding the DLC would be a breeze, but if you like copy/paste this setup & start a new DLC thread & we can link them.

1-Assassin's Creed:Revelations
2-Batman Arkham City
3-Battlefield 3
4-Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
5-Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
6-FIFA 12
7-Forza 4
8-Gears of War 3
9-Just Dance 3
10-Legend of Zelda:Skyward Sword
11-Madden 2012
12-NCAA 2012
13-Rage
14-Resistance 3
15-Saint's Row the third
16-Uncharted 3

[quote name='Enuf']Yeah, it's up to them I kinda understand but at some point greed just takes over. I think Demon's soul became a GH fast as $hit but to them "alot" of sales maybe different then an EA game you know. But a game that sells 1 mil + the 1st week of Jan. could be an offcial $30 GH by Sept. that seems kinda fast right? Otherwise, every damn Madden game would be a GH. I mean it's better for us but I want the companies that make games I like to profit well so I get more games.

I think this thread is too cluttered as is I would've liked to have each retailer have their own space that way people could just follow a store or two also. If it was set up like that adding the DLC would be a breeze, but if you like copy/paste this setup & start a new DLC thread & we can link them.

1-Assassin's Creed:Revelations
2-Batman Arkham City
3-Battlefield 3
4-Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
5-Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
6-FIFA 12
7-Forza 4
8-Gears of War 3
9-Just Dance 3
10-Legend of Zelda:Skyward Sword
11-Madden 2012
12-NCAA 2012
13-Rage
14-Resistance 3
15-Saint's Row the third
16-Uncharted 3[/QUOTE]

If you make your OP a wiki, I can fix it!

Would people have interest in a similar setup as earning RZ silver(25% bonus but on all gaming purchases)
Ex.
1-Everyone who joins the unlocked will automatically receive RZ points for joining
2-Everyone get 25% extra points on gaming purchases for the 1st yr but you must spend $750 a yr on gaming to maintain this 25% bonus.
2A-If you buy 1 $60 game per month your spending $720 a yr already so that's where I get the $750 from(not a # picked outta the sky)
3-this bonus works just like the RZ silver one so it stacks on top of other promos etc.
4-Since we can't get more spending tiers above silver maybe we can go from gamers club silver to gamers club gold so if your a hardcore gamer beyond $750/yr you can get more like 3X points on pre-orders similar to PC Richard & Son
http://www.pcrichard.com/catalog/th...olumnName=DISPLAY_PRICE&viewall=1&sortOrder=2
Just an idea but what do you think?

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Re...s-Club-changing-in-September/m-p/307576#M1024

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the thread Enuf, and I do have a question although it may be a redundant question or viewed as sort of dumb. I have very little experience pming at Best Buy. If say I buy Gears 3 and it is offered with a $20 giftcard and it goes on sale 2 weeks later, for 39.99, can I still pm it down to 39.99 and keep the giftcard?

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Thanks for the thread Enuf, and I do have a question although it may be a redundant question or viewed as sort of dumb. I have very little experience pming at Best Buy. If say I buy Gears 3 and it is offered with a $20 giftcard and it goes on sale 2 weeks later, for 39.99, can I still pm it down to 39.99 and keep the giftcard?[/QUOTE]By policy no, YMMV though espcially if the gc is not spent. CS can make the adjustment to give you full value back it's all up to them. It's always better when they offer larger pre-order credit than instant gc for this reason, yeah it takes 30-35 days to get it but you keep all of it as long as you don't return the game.

Thanks, Enuf. Keep doing what you do. I'll definitely pre-order on Gears, Skyrim, Batman(even though I got the price match error on Amazon for the CE probably will keep that as a fun side), Revelations and Battlefield. Maybe I'll replace one of those with a CE edition. Seems like Best Buy will save me a bit. I'm sorta disappointed on the certificate instead of an actual gift card though because the value of the pre-tax needs to be more than than the actual certificate for you to use it. We need to spend at least over a $100 to use it? Tax is gonna hit with at least about $10 still.

[quote name='karyadi']Thanks, Enuf. Keep doing what you do. I'll definitely pre-order on Gears, Skyrim, Batman(even though I got the price match error on Amazon for the CE probably will keep that as a fun side), Revelations and Battlefield. Maybe I'll replace one of those with a CE edition. Seems like Best Buy will save me a bit. I'm sorta disappointed on the certificate instead of an actual gift card though because the value of the pre-tax needs to be more than than the actual certificate for you to use it. We need to spend at least over a $100 to use it? Tax is gonna hit with at least about $10 still.[/QUOTE]

It depends on how your account is set up... If you're Silver and banking points, you decide what increments to get your certs issued. Since the $100 is being issued as 5000 points, you could split that into whatever denominations you want. Even if you're regular, you may be able to set your cert preference at $5, though I'm not sure that would work...

I thought i would give it a little bump with some off topic info (posted this on original thread also). John Carmack gave the keynote at QuakeCon and there were some interesting quotes about RAGE. This is a game I really WANT and I hope it is as awesome as it looks. For those wondering about it's length and detail He says the game will require 21-22 GB of Space for an install on the Xbox 360. That is a nuts amount. Only games that come close to that are mass Effect 2 wit DLC, LA:Noire and some of the Japan RPGs (FFXIII). For a shooter to be so huge has me pretty stoked.

bread's done
Back