Bestbuy 2 for 22$ PS2 Greatest Hits-REWARD ZONE

DJ Slacker

CAG Veteran
hey in the so cal region Best Buy is having a greatest hits sale till this saturday. If u use a reward zone card and purchase any 2 - PS2 greatest hits games in the store priced at 19.99 u get em both for 22$... i picked up Star Ocean and dynasty warriors 4.. i tried to get Manhunt instead of DW4 but it had already been marked down to 14.99 so it wasnt part of the deal... i went to the BB in City Of Industry, Ca.. and they have a pretty weak selection of everything... the West Covina one has a better selection and in store mark downs..

You should put REWARD ZONE in the title somewhere.

I got SW battlefront and Rachet & Clank 2 for $22.

And they would NOT let me use the $5 coupon on top of the deal.

[quote name='Kastides']What's the Reward Zone CARD?[/QUOTE]

the reward zone is a rewards program at Best Buy.. it costs like 10$ a year and u a get a card that u have swiped whenever u buy software/music/games and most other things..and and about every hundred dollars or so u get a 5$ voucher good for anything....they add up if u shop BB alot and at times u can get double points or special vouchers or deals like this..

its not bad if u shop there alot, my family shares 1 card so its not bad..

[quote name='bmulligan']You should put REWARD ZONE in the title somewhere.

I got SW battlefront and Rachet & Clank 2 for $22.

And they would NOT let me use the $5 coupon on top of the deal.[/QUOTE]

I got R&C:GC at CC for 5 bucks after PMing the BB coupon :D

[quote name='mkelehan']You think this works with the GTA Double Pack? It's officially Greatest Hits.[/QUOTE]

In the off chance you can find it at a Best Buy, sure.

When I went, Best Buy only stocked the newer GH titles... no Xenosaga, no GTA Double Pack... they had tons of Star Ocean, X-Men Legends, and all that.

If you get really lucky, you can convince your Best Buy that Need for Speed Underground 2 and some of the new Greatest Hits games are eligible for the sale (even though no one acknowledges this except Sony) - my gf took a printout of Sony's official GH listing, and scored NFSU 2 and Call of Duty for $22. Very YMMV though.

[quote name='mkelehan']You think this works with the GTA Double Pack? It's officially Greatest Hits.[/QUOTE]
Prolly not - but I did manage to get BB to sell me the $40 Tom Clancy Trilogy set during a similar sale. Got it and another PH title for $30. Whee!

$uck...... BB try to Ripping off today. I get Bard Tale for $10 (after pricematch with EB), Star Wars: Battlefront and Burnout 3 for $50.XX. Thought my total under $35 with my RZ card. Seem like i have to take it back tomorrow to get my $$$ and pickup more GH games.

PS. Stupid bestbuy employees telling me the GH hits games i bought is not on the ads 2 for $22 deal. Thought 2 for $22 deal is work on every GH games.

[quote name='Masterkyo']$uck...... BB try to Ripping off today. I get Bard Tale for $10 (after pricematch with EB), Star Wars: Battlefront and Burnout 3 for $50.XX. Thought my total under $35 with my RZ card. Seem like i have to take it back tomorrow to get my $$$ and pickup more GH games.

PS. Stupid bestbuy employees telling me the GH hits games i bought is not on the ads 2 for $22 deal. Thought 2 for $22 deal is work on every GH games.[/QUOTE]

Show them their own ad that shows Burnout 3 and Star Wars: Battlefront as Greatest hits titles underneath the big 2 for 22 print. I know SW: Battlefront is shown in GH packaging, I'm fairly certain Burnout 3 is too.

And what the hell, why didn't you stop the transaction when the total came up 50 bucks?

[quote name='Blackout542']So........I've been wanting Star Ocean 3 and Spiderman 2. If I bring this list:

http://www.us.playstation.com/greatesthits.aspx

they wil sell it to me right? Oh, and can I sign up for RZ card at the store and make the purchase at the same time?[/QUOTE]

Spider-Man 2 and Star Ocean 3 are already GH and have the label... no need for the list.

[quote name='MegaMan3k']Is this ONLY Greatest Hits, or does Platinum Hits work too?[/QUOTE]

Only Greatest Hits, I believe it's because Sony is adding in alot of new GH games to it's stock and needs to clear room. There's been like 6 or 7 new ones, with another 6 coming in August.

[quote name='MegaMan3k']Is this ONLY Greatest Hits, or does Platinum Hits work too?[/QUOTE]

its only for greatest hits

Thanks for the help Roufuss. I've been wanting these games for a while now.

I picked up SW:Battlefront and Star Ocean:TtEoT today. The deal didn't ring up automatically. Amazingly, the cashier knew of the deal, and she made the correction manually without my having to say anything.

^My friend said that the GH SO:TTEOT was cut in half. It's only one disc now. Is this true? I just wanted to know cause tomorow I might go pick it up.

[quote name='Roufuss']Only Greatest Hits, I believe it's because Sony is adding in alot of new GH games to it's stock and needs to clear room. There's been like 6 or 7 new ones, with another 6 coming in August.[/QUOTE]

What new ones are coming in August? Or does nobody know?

And that sucks. =( I was hoping to get BO3 for the Xbox. =/ Oh well... I need a second game to go along with Manhunt, if I can find it. I'll go tomorrow. ^_^

[quote name='Blackout542']^My friend said that the GH SO:TTEOT was cut in half. It's only one disc now. Is this true? I just wanted to know cause tomorow I might go pick it up.[/QUOTE]I haven't opened my copy yet but I picked up the GH version and the back says it's two discs. The thing I found strange is that the manual is on the outside of the case(wrapped in plastic with the dvd case). :shock:

OT: I was wondering about the packaging for the original version. Was it just like the GH version without the red bar and with a shiny slipcover or was there more to it?

I wish this deal would happen in August when the new GH games come. I'd be jumping for about 4 of them and this would definitely help.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I wish this deal would happen in August when the new GH games come. I'd be jumping for about 4 of them and this would definitely help.[/QUOTE]
Which games get added in August?

[quote name='sanjuro']I haven't opened my copy yet but I picked up the GH version and the back says it's two discs. The thing I found strange is that the manual is on the outside of the case(wrapped in plastic with the dvd case). :shock:[/QUOTE]

Yup, two disks. The manual will fit inside the case, but it is a little snug.

[quote name='Scarface7']Which games get added in August?[/QUOTE]

Jak 3
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Sly 2
Killzone
Hot Shots Golf: Fore!
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain

Sony just released Need for Speed Underground 2, Call of Duty, Incredibles, and Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, but it takes alot of luck for Best Buy to recognize those games since they still have 49.99 price tags.

[quote name='Roufuss']Jak 3
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Sly 2
Killzone
Hot Shots Golf: Fore!
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain

Sony just released Need for Speed Underground 2, Call of Duty, Incredibles, and Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, but it takes alot of luck for Best Buy to recognize those games since they still have 49.99 price tags.[/QUOTE]

Damn, those are going to be some good GH. I actually want all of them except Syphon filter.

ratchet and clank and killzone look like the winners on that list

edit: i refuse to sign up for the rewards program simply on the basis that it lets bestbuy track my purchases and gives name my name and addy. I do not want them to have that information, because every time i go for a price match they take down my name and addy and pretty soon if they realize that i am buying only their loss leaders they will probably just ban me from the store.

[quote name='dracula']ratchet and clank and killzone look like the winners on that list

edit: i refuse to sign up for the rewards program simply on the basis that it lets bestbuy track my purchases and gives name my name and addy. I do not want them to have that information, because every time i go for a price match they take down my name and addy and pretty soon if they realize that i am buying only their loss leaders they will probably just ban me from the store.[/QUOTE]

They take your name and addy for a price match...? I've done three PM's there in the last week, and not once did they ask for me or my gf's name or address... I'd be a bit freaked out if they did. Hell, I get nothing but loss leaders and cheap stuff at Best Buy, and they renewed my membership for free :lol:

[quote name='Roufuss'] they renewed my membership for free :lol:[/QUOTE]

nothing in life is free, they are stealing your soul in exchange for staying with their rewards program.

Think about it, when you slide the rewards card it lets them trade ALL for your purchases.

And yeah EVERY time ive done a PM i had to fill out a form with my name and addy AND phone number and check my ID.

I give them a bogus phone # and addy, but i have to use my real name since they check ID.

The past few times i used a GGC, i had to sign a form, but i used a bogus name on that since they didnt check my ID.

They had to take the $5 off for the GGC manually because they just made the GGC stop working all together when they realized that it worked on games under $20.

[quote name='dracula']ratchet and clank and killzone look like the winners on that list

edit: i refuse to sign up for the rewards program simply on the basis that it lets bestbuy track my purchases and gives name my name and addy. I do not want them to have that information, because every time i go for a price match they take down my name and addy and pretty soon if they realize that i am buying only their loss leaders they will probably just ban me from the store.[/QUOTE]

You sound like some paranoid conspiracy theory person. When they do a price match and they ask for your name and address (I assume you fill out the little yellow form?) just fillin different info. They don't ask for ID. Also, they only ask for the info at the customer service desk. If you do it at the regular checkout register, they just check the ad, and adjust the price.

Them banning you from the store is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. For what? Taking advantage of a good deal? Sure, maybe you might be known as a devil customer, but who the fuck cares? They can't ban you for that.

[quote name='dracula']nothing in life is free, they are stealing your soul in exchange for staying with their rewards program.

Think about it, when you slide the rewards card it lets them trade ALL for your purchases.

And yeah EVERY time ive done a PM i had to fill out a form with my name and addy AND phone number and check my ID.

I give them a bogus phone # and addy, but i have to use my real name since they check ID.

The past few times i used a GGC, i had to sign a form, but i used a bogus name on that since they didnt check my ID.

They had to take the $5 off for the GGC manually because they just made the GGC stop working all together when they realized that it worked on games under $20.[/QUOTE]

LOL, what Best Buy are you shopping at where they make you sign a form to use a GGC and check your ID? I'd ask them why they need to see it. Well actually, I wouldn't care if they needed to see my ID because I don't live in a bomb shelter with a foil hat on, so....

[quote name='sanjuro']I haven't opened my copy yet but I picked up the GH version and the back says it's two discs. The thing I found strange is that the manual is on the outside of the case(wrapped in plastic with the dvd case). :shock:
[/QUOTE]

Mine has no security sticker on it as well...same for you?

awesome, I was hoping killzone and jak 3 would drop soon.[quote name='bmarquardt']Mine has no security sticker on it as well...same for you?[/QUOTE]yah, didn't notice that until I got home.

[quote name='mcgavin27']Damn, those are going to be some good GH. I actually want all of them except Syphon filter.[/QUOTE]
Me too. :D

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Son of a bitch, I was just at BB and really wanted a cheapass Dynasty Warriors game.[/QUOTE]

i had these in my hand sunday but put them down .. if iknew people wanted them i would of got them. It was part 4. Cant go now i rolled my freaking ankle today at work

UPDATE to this sale:

I was scouring the best buy website looking at the list of qualifying games and noticed WWE SMACKDOWN VS. RAW was on there

LINK:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...tCategoryId=pcmcat7700050001&id=1093468418892

...but if you look closely it states $39.99 price on the website....But in the print it says qualifies for 2 for $35 (for non-RZ members)...I printed this page out and with intention of being denied got this (WHICH IN-STORE WAS PRICED $49.99), X-Men Legends, and Dynasty Warriors 4 (as my backup in case of rejection)....Well I went to CS and she rang them up but it came out to ~ $63.xx...I thought oh well maybe the jig is up...but I pointed out the flyer to her and mentioned "there are some titles that aren't pictured in the ad that qualify"....she then rang it with the proper promo code I guess....and boo-yah.....so nabbed WWE smackdown v raw, X-Men Legends, and some garbage MLB Cd (which was free) for ~$23.xx.....so if your interested you may wanna make a dash there now....

EDIT: On both EB Games and Gamestop website the price for Smackdown vs. Raw is $39.99

[quote name='cruzincontrol']UPDATE to this sale:

I was scouring the best buy website looking at the list of qualifying games and noticed WWE SMACKDOWN VS. RAW was on there

LINK:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...tCategoryId=pcmcat7700050001&id=1093468418892

...but if you look closely it states $39.99 price on the website....But in the print it says qualifies for 2 for $35 (for non-RZ members)...I printed this page out and with intention of being denied got this (WHICH IN-STORE WAS PRICED $49.99), X-Men Legends, and Dynasty Warriors 4 (as my backup in case of rejection)....Well I went to CS and she rang them up but it came out to ~ $63.xx...I thought oh well maybe the jig is up...but I pointed out the flyer to her and mentioned "there are some titles that aren't pictured in the ad that qualify"....she then rang it with the proper promo code I guess....and boo-yah.....so nabbed WWE smackdown v raw, X-Men Legends, and some garbage MLB Cd (which was free) for ~$23.xx.....so if your interested you may wanna make a dash there now....

EDIT: On both EB Games and Gamestop website the price for Smackdown vs. Raw is $39.99[/QUOTE]

I wish I had known. I tried to at two different BBs to get THUG 2 and NFSU2, but they wouldn't budge. I ended up with SW: Battlefront (which I intended to get anyway), and Champions of Norrath. I'd rather have had SvR than Norrath.

[quote name='slidecage']i had these in my hand sunday but put them down .. if iknew people wanted them i would of got them. It was part 4. Cant go now i rolled my freaking ankle today at work[/QUOTE]
My local BB had them, I just didn't know about this deal until it was too late to use. >=\

Well, it looks like I'd enjoy DW4: Empires more anyway...

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I wish this deal would happen in August when the new GH games come. I'd be jumping for about 4 of them and this would definitely help.[/QUOTE]

Do you think BB will allow us to EXCHANGE games we bought under this current 2 for $22 deal for the upcoming GH games in August?

For example, buy Socom II and Simpsons Road Rage for $22 now and then in August, exchange them for Killzone and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal.

If this rumor about the latest PS2 games becoming GH is true, then in theory we could hold onto a few games we bought under the current 2 for $22 and exchange them for the new batch of PS2 GH... it should still be within the window of BB's 30 return policy... Think this would work?

bread's done
Back