Bestbuy 3-Year Performance Service Plan iPod

jah_warrior28

CAGiversary!
I'm looking to get either the 80gb or 160gb ipod and was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Performance Service Plan for iPod. I had some other MP3 players in the past (nike phillips) and got a product replacement plan so when e stopped it stopped working I brought it in and got a new one with no problems or questions asked. Is the PSP like this or do they try to ship the ipod off to fix it? do they even check to see if its really broken, or just take it back no questions like the PRP?

Thanks for any info, because if the PSP is like the PRP i'll buy from BB, if not i'll use a giftcard I have to buy from sears.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I'm wondering the same exact thing about the PSP v. PRP for iPods, because I have a PSP on my two and a half year-old iPod.[/QUOTE]
D MOTHER fuckER D How do you have a PSP on an IPOD? Did Sony and Apple hook up?

Do not answer this

It can't be a PSP (Product Service Plan) on an iPod, as they don't fix them. It should be a PRP (Product Replacement Plan).

PRP's are one-time exchange warranties, that are used up when the item is defective. BB will provide purchase price + tax towards the purchase of a new item when the original item is defective.

Though, when I go to the website for the iPod classic, it comes up as a PSP being the option for a warranty, not a PRP. Which would make me think that they'll repair it, not replace it. :whistle2:s The only place that can repair iPods under warranty AFAIK is Apple, so I guess they'd ship it to Apple for repair? :whistle2:s

The iPod nano shows up as having a PRP, not a PSP.

BB website info on PSP's & PRP's:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=cat10008&contentId=1043363604723&id=cat12098

Got me on this one. :whistle2:s :whistle2:s

[quote name='veedubkid']D MOTHER fuckER D How do you have a PSP on an IPOD? Did Sony and Apple hook up?

Do not answer this[/QUOTE]

The ironing is delicious.

My friend, who works at BBY, said that you can bring the iPod in and most likely they'll do a rapid-exchange, which means you'll get a refurb'd model.

I work at Best Buy in wireless. All Hard disk based Ipods (the classics) are 3 year PSP's for 60 bucks. We do in fact send them off to be repaired. They are only replaced if we cant fix them. Every other MP3 player we have is based on the 2 year PRP (product replacement plan). The PSP's do cover the batteries, which is a nice feature, and I did buy one on my classic when I got it the other day. Any other questions about it feel free to PM me or just post in here and i'll check it later tonight.

thanks for all the info guys, seems the PSP isn't quite as good as the PRP. It does seem worth it to get the PRP through best buy then buying my ipod elsewhere with no extended warrenty. I plan I using this when working out ( i know flash based is better for that), so it will get some wear and tear ;)

For me, they've sent out an 8G mini twice (the first time, I got the same serial # back; the second time, they just gave me a refurbed), and a 30G video iPod (received a different serial # this time).

They are supposed to have a "no lemon policy", whereby they will give you a brand new iPod if you have to send yours back more than 2 times (or is it 3?).

bread's done
Back