BestBuy 30% off Back to School Coupon Book Trick

flizmo007

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Sorry if this is a repost.

This info has been passed around all over the 'net this week:

"BestBuy has interesting "Back to School" coupon booklets at their stores. It's interesting because they appear to give you random sets of discounts. Someone found a way to identify the one that give you the 30% off coupon.

Basically, I've confirmed two ways to quickly spot the ones that have the bigger discounts:

1. As you'll see in the photos, the 30% off ones have slightly different copyright text than the lower (10% 5% 15%) booklets. If you get one with a 29528_1 to the left of the copyright symbol on the back cover, you have a lower one. If there's no text to the left of the the copyright symbol, you've got the 30% off!

2. I found the "Back-to-School" booklets next to the customer service counters. Since there were sales people there, I couldn't afford to stand around and sort through stacks of booklets. A quick way to find the ones with the bigger discounts is to look from the top side of the stack (i.e. spine of the booklet fold). The 30% off ones will be less yellowish in print, probably because of a difference in printing or folding batch"

pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/inju/tags/bb30off/

thanks catdog/fatwallet/slickdeals/Digg

[quote name='Quintox']Cool!

30% off what though?[/QUOTE]

Good Question and one I have no answer to, which is why I put this is Other Deals and Requests. I will find out and post or if someone else knows they can post.

30% off all warranties!

actually on the coupon, it says 30% off computer accessories, notebook accessories, office furniture, paper

[quote name='swetooth9']30% off all warranties!

actually on the coupon, it says 30% off computer accessories, notebook accessories, office furniture, paper[/QUOTE]

hmm..does office furniture count DVD racks? or is that entertainment furniture?

bread's done
Back