BestBuy: $9.99 each KoF XI, NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, Dai Senryaku VII: Exceed, FPWR

NeoGutsman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Saw these games at Best Buy this past Sunday (12/23) both in a big cardboard bargain bin and on the endcap of one of the cash registers. There were other, older games there, too, including Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast (PSP) for $9.99 as well.

I'm not sure if these are available in all BB's, though, as I couldn't find any of them available on the main website. Please chime in if you find these in your BB as well so that I can determine whether or not to mark this YMMV with regard to availability.

$9.99 PS2
  • King of Fighters XI
  • NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
  • Dai Senryaku VII: Exceed
  • Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

The first two obviously are a terrific games, particularly at the price (I picked those up for $14.99 plus tax via Amazon Prime). For you military strategists out there, Dai Senryaku VII: Exceed is the latest of the series, the only other versions released in America being Dai Senryaku VII: Modern Military Tactics released in 2005 for the Xbox, and Iron Storm for the Sega Saturn. I haven't played this version yet, but seeing as how these kinds of strategy games are rarely released at all anymore, it's not a bad gamble for $9.99.

Happy Holidays, all you fellow CAGers, and thanks again for another great year of awesome deal findings!

Edit: Added FPWR - Thanks, kazo!
Edit: (credit to lukewin and others) -
There is a generic UPC stickered on the back of my 2 games, 6 58517 60416 9. It shows up on the receipt as "PS2-9.99 FRONTLANE 8".
So basically, note that these games are NOT listed in BB's internal system or on the website because these are apparently labeled with this generic SKU and listing. Price seems to be consistent at all BB's which have these games in stock. Also, you may have to dig through the stacks of these games as they're not always sorted properly (and the recent holiday sales may have resulted in a lot of shuffling anyway). Good luck, all!

Too bad there's pretty much no way I'll be able to get over to Best Buy anytime soon. KoF and ngbc for $20 would be sweet.

WHOA.
NGBC is miiiine! As much as I love KoF, I'll never play it with NGBC, and I have GGX2. :p
Thanks, OP. I was wondering about going over there tomorrow.
*edit*
*rethinks position, thinks about buying both, curses.*

[quote name='Inf^Shini']hopefully they have something tomorrow[/quote]

same, I hope my best buy has KOF XI and NBC there.

I got Dai Senryaku VII at Best Buy, but I just ordered Neo Geo & KOF XI through Amazon for slightly higher prices. :( I'm not sure if either of those games would be at my Best Buy.

I already ordered from Amazon as well, but I'll be going by BB today at lunch to see if I can get the better price. Amazon will probably take a couple days to ship anyways.

Veronica: Unfortunately, I don't have the item numbers; I stupidly forgot to get Dai Senryaku, and I already own NGBC and KoFXI :(

Anyone else mind posting the item numbers if they pick these up from BB?

Regarding their position in the store and the "bargain bin":
As I recall, it was a big, waist-high, unmarked cardboard bin, and was originally located near the games section. Most BB's around here have that "grand pathway" from the front door leading straight to the back of the store, so check along there, too. For what it's worth, while I was at the BB, they shoved the bin from the games section to just behind some display stand near the front-middle of the store (where all the new CD releases are, at least at my BB).

Hope you find 'em - the games in the bin and on the endcap mentioned in my original post all seemed to be intentionally separated from other console games in the normal game racks (all of which I seem to recall were at least $19.99 anyway).

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']All I want is Neo Geo and have never seen it at my BB[/QUOTE]

same here
My best buy barely have anything $9.99 and under.
My best buy sucks.
:whistle2:(

Nooo, cheap[er] KOF XI and NGBC denied. I'll have to try the BB by the haus on the way home. Hope Amazon didn't ship my order yet. :whistle2:k

Might have to pick up Fire Pro Wrestling as well, that game looked old school. I just wonder if I can get my wrestling-hating friends to play it? :roll:

Reporting from White Marsh Maryland, stopped by the Bestbuy near White Marsh Mall during lunch time today, no luck with all three.

I actually picked up Rogue Galaxy today for $10 - however, it was a hand written price on the game and the cashier needed an override for it, so YMMV, but if you can pick up a copy for $10, I'd call that a nice buy.

I cant find any of the mentioned games are there web site. Stopped by the Best Buy in Louisville Kentucky off the Outer Loop, no luck on any of the 3 titles.

Wow, what a great price. I picked up Kof and NGBC on amazon. Is Dai Senryaku worth picking up? I havent played a good strat game in a while.

Damn. No lovin' on any of these games at 2 BBs now. Guess I'll wait for my copies to come from Amazon.

At least I could find Fire Pro, think I'll go back for that one tomorrow.

I was looking for these, even had a thread in the Request forum. Didn't want to pay $15 each for them, and got lucky tonight. Found them at the Best Buy in Pineville/Charlotte, on 51, near Carolina Place Mall. Saw a couple of Neogeo Battle Coliseums, KOF XIs, the other Dai game, and Fire Pro Wrestling Returns. I got NGBC and KOF XI, since I got FRWP for $5 from Amazon. I placed most of the NGBC and KOF XI near the front of the box. They were in a a green box, that was a floor stand. There is a generic UPC stickered on the back of my 2 games, 6 58517 60416 9. It shows up on the receipt as "PS2-9.99 FRONTLANE 8". Good luck in your searches.

Any Best Buy pricing like this is almost always YMMV, since there's plenty of threads showing deals like this, usually classified as "Manager's Specials", which vary from store to store.

The only certain sign that a deal should work at any store would be anything that shows up on the BB website.

Didn't find the games at the Best Buy in Houston on Gessner and 59, but they did have two bins of Xbox, 360, GC, NDS, and Wii games 30% off. There wasn't much in the way of great games and the Wii games were still 50 bucks before discount. Still, it's there if any one wants to look. If any one in the Houston area finds KoFXI of NGBC, please let me know.

Edit: I checked out the BB in Sugar Land and the BB at 6 and Westheimer. Nothing at either store.

Edit pt. 2: I checked Amazon. THey have KoFXI for 12.99 and NGBC for 14.99. I can get the free shipping with it. Is there any where else I can get a better deal ordering online? I don't think I'm gonna find it in Houston.

[quote name='shrike4242']Any Best Buy pricing like this is almost always YMMV, since there's plenty of threads showing deals like this, usually classified as "Manager's Specials", which vary from store to store.

The only certain sign that a deal should work at any store would be anything that shows up on the BB website.[/quote]

I thought these were "front lane" games, not Manager's specials. Still YMMV, because who knows if your local store has gotten a restock on front lane games...and that's also why they aren't showing up on the website at all.

they are frontlane games. at the location i saw, there were 2 floor stands, that had xbox, ps2, psp, nds, and wii games, all shovelware, and they all had the white sticker on the front with the price.

These are definitely front lane games. As a result, BB will not have UPC numbers, inventory, anything on them. If your BB has a habit of having an impressive front lane section, then go for it. Otherwise, your odds are slim. One of my BBs had a ton of Exceeds, Fire Pros, NGBCs, and KoFs. Pity that I already have FPW and I hate fighting games and I barely even play Advance Wars or I'd consider these.

[quote name='lukewin']they are frontlane games. at the location i saw, there were 2 floor stands, that had xbox, ps2, psp, nds, and wii games, all shovelware, and they all had the white sticker on the front with the price.[/QUOTE]
Yup exactly what I saw, but the rack was by the games section. I went to the Westland, MI and Dearborn, MI Best Buy locations.

[quote name='Serpentor']Great price, but no go at the 23rd Street BB, nyc, they don't have any of the mentioned games.[/QUOTE]

D'oh. That's exactly where I was headed. Oh well. Thanks for saving me the trip.

Oceanside, CA off of the 78 Freeway.

I got myself a copy of KoF XI and I saw

3 more copies of KOF 11
3-4 Copies of Daisenryaku

They were kinda hidden, you gotta dig a bit. They were in the front rack of cheap games. They were marked $10.

[quote name='Ronin317']I thought these were "front lane" games, not Manager's specials. Still YMMV, because who knows if your local store has gotten a restock on front lane games...and that's also why they aren't showing up on the website at all.[/quote]If they're "front lane" games, then the pricing might vary from store to store, though usually stays the same.

Supply on a store having them, that's another matter entirely.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Why options do I have? Ocean side is like 5 hours away, can they transfer the game? If not, I might as well buy it on Amazon.com[/QUOTE]

PMed you.

none of the best buys around me have it. Best Buys in Naperville, Butterfield, and Lemont in IL don't have it. Haven't checked the bolingbrook BB yet, maybe tomorrow. Only saw KOF XI at TRUs and NGBC at Sams. FPW has not been sited yet

Regarding the pricing, all the games in this thread I saw had distinct white stickers on them with the $9.99 price, quite different than the pricing which is generally on a row card or on the shelf lip in front of a product at BB. Not sure if this is even helpful as a post, but thought I'd mention it.

Oh, and yes, do be sure to dig behind other games on endcaps - some associates seem to just plop these games into the endcap DVD/game holder without separating them properly :p

Just wanted to add my two cents: Picked up NeoGeo BC, KoFXI, DS VII and Metal Gear Solid 3 all for 9.99 at the Best Buy in Sherman, TX. They still had a few DS VII and FPW but none of the snk fighters left. Lots of MGS3 though.

Be sure to dig around any BB you go to, I had to dig behind a bunch of Gun Clubs to find a KOFXI that someone had hid. ;)

Got Kof, Neo Geo, and Dai Exceed... Still a few kof and exceeds left at mine. They were all up near the registers, none in the game section, also they weren't even in the Best Buy computer system (I asked someone to look them up). Thanks for the great deal!

I don't think you guys will have any luck with the stock-checker. These games are considered "frontlane", and have the generic UPC code sticker over the original UPC. When they're rung up, the receipt simply reads "PS2 FRONTLANE 9.99" or something to that effect.

Went looking at my local BB in Memphis, and I didn't have any luck. :( Found a FFXII at TRU for 5 bucks though. :)

Slightly off topic, but I ordered NGBC from Amazon a bit back. If you are even the slightest fan of 2d fighters, get it if you can. You won't regret it.

I just wish I could have found a KOF XI. :)

I went to the Laguna Best Buy (Sacramento, CA) and I had to dig in the bin of games they had up front. I was diasappointed at first, but after digging for a few minutes, I found 2 copies which I bought. No luck on NGBC though : (

bread's done
Back