Bestbuy Business Toshiba HD-A2 purchasers SWITCHED TO HD-A3

Gorge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
So what is the deal with our orders? It has been "in process" for the last couple of days. I've been hearing that some people have called about the order and have been told they we are getting the A3 instead for the same price. Is that true?

Do we have to call to get this deal or will they do it automatically? The bestbuy business line is only open M-F 7:30-6.

My order status says that it was updated on the 3rd, and again on the 4th, but they haven't changed anything.

LMAO, they calles me and said theyd cancel my order and let me instore pickup the a3.. i get to the store and they have the a-30 waiting for me for 99 which is like a 399 player there. I couldnt complain so I left and came home to check my email. My a3 through their site shipped even tho it was cancelled for 99 so now Idk if I just got a free player or if ill be charged 99 for the a3. Either way ill still keep it, lol.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']LMAO, they calles me and said theyd cancel my order and let me instore pickup the a3.. i get to the store and they have the a-30 waiting for me for 99 which is like a 399 player there. I couldnt complain so I left and came home to check my email. My a3 through their site shipped even tho it was cancelled for 99 so now Idk if I just got a free player or if ill be charged 99 for the a3. Either way ill still keep it, lol.[/QUOTE]

holy crap!!!!

[quote name='BasketCase1080']LMAO, they calles me and said theyd cancel my order and let me instore pickup the a3.. i get to the store and they have the a-30 waiting for me for 99 which is like a 399 player there. I couldnt complain so I left and came home to check my email. My a3 through their site shipped even tho it was cancelled for 99 so now Idk if I just got a free player or if ill be charged 99 for the a3. Either way ill still keep it, lol.[/quote]They just randomly called you, or you contacted them first?

A2 went out of stock Friday afternoon. They will not be taking anymore orders for the A2. What happened was that they oversold the A2, and had to replace orders with the A3. Nice thing for BB to do, and I am sure someone iwll get fired over this..lol

[quote name='lmz00']They just randomly called you, or you contacted them first?[/QUOTE]

randomly woke me up one morning

well i called them on that friday afternoon after it went OOS and they said there's a good possibility of them shipping A3s instead of A2.

I guess I'll be giving them a call tomorrow morning, then. If we do wind up with A3's, will we be able to go to a B&M and return/repurchase to get the three free movies?

I'm calling tomorrow as well. I had an instore pickup confirmation for the A2 at a Best buy 30-45min away and when I got there, they told me that they "oversold" them...fucking assholes...I better get the A3 for $100 + 3 HD DVD's.

[quote name='guyver2077']why do you guys think you are getting the 3 movies? we ordered from bbfb and they had no mention of such deal[/quote]

hey it's worth a shot...

ye i called them this morning and they said they have "no new information available at this time and would e-mail me when they get some"...what idiots..honestly...

They need to hurry up and tell us something so I can jump at circuit city's price of 129.99 as my worst case scenario.

[quote name='H-Town Info']u wont get the free movies with the a3 but does include 300 and bourne identity[/QUOTE]

An non combo edition of 300 mind you. :applause:

[quote name='H-Town Info']u wont get the free movies with the a3 but does include 300 and bourne identity[/quote]
fuck that, after driving 30min there, spending 45min in the store and not getting my H2, I better get my 3 HD DVD movies free, or a giftcard with $105 to get my free HD DVD's.

yea i dont have the patience to argue or fight for "free" movies..

if i get the player at 99 then thats a steal as is...

still no email or status change..

I just called 1-888-BEST BUY, though my HD-A2 purchase was not from the Buisness site...Anyways, my order was canceled, without any info. I called and I was as polite as I can be, no need to get angry yet...I was told that I will be called within 24-72hrs and they'll tell me what they can do for me. We'll see how it goes.

It's official boys, people are reporting their orders being changed to the A3 on the BBFB website. I checked mine and mine has been switched as well. YAY!

I can confirm. My order was switched..now I have to call and ask about the 3 free HD-DVDs

bestbuya31.jpg

I doubt they'd give you the three free movies. The only thing I can think of is trying to PM the $99 A3 at a retail BB using your receipt/packing slip/etc.

[quote name='lmz00']I doubt they'd give you the three free movies. The only thing I can think of is trying to PM the $99 A3 at a retail BB using your receipt/packing slip/etc.[/quote]

will thatr then give you 3 free movies? or is this wishful thinking on my part

Wow you get a $300 player for $99 and you still want free movies. I think that is pushing your luck.

[quote name='Indiana']Wow you get a $300 player for $99 and you still want free movies. I think that is pushing your luck.[/QUOTE]
Doesnt hurt to try. End result, no 3 DVDs. I'm not going to get into this whole debate as to luck, greed or whatever but I bet those who say you're pushing your luck has either done the same thing whether it be this deal, similar or any deal previously that was offered in the past in general whether it be MP3s, CDs, DVDs, games, etc. When there's an opportunity for free items, you'll jump on it...anyone would.

Not to mention, flyer states 3 free HD-DVD instantly. Again, this is BB4B and the flyer is normal BB stores so I dont know how inventory goes for the two whether or not they share the same or not. But if you do store locations, some of the BB4B is the same as normal BB stores.

After all, we are "CheapAss..." whether it be games, dvds or just deals in general.

I checked my order status today. Where is my ordered ?? It dissappeared from my order status. Argh... i should not deleted all junkie emails. I'll call 1 (800) today if u can track down my ordered from they system.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I checked my order status today. Where is my ordered ?? It dissappeared from my order status. Argh... i should not deleted all junkie emails. I'll call 1 (800) today if u can track down my ordered from they system.[/QUOTE]
Look towards the bottom of your account.

The way I see it, if we had gotten the A2 as promised, we would have gotten in on the 3 Free HD DVD's deal. This is their fault (asside from the google cache orders) so it should be rectified with the free HD DVD's as well.

i honestly dont think they are entitled to give us any movies..

we ordered a2's from their business site which mentions nothing about free movies. They then "upgrade" us to a2's since they were not in stock...Something they didnt have to do and could of just cancelled orders...

They "hooked us up" as is...

all power to you if you pull it off..

[quote name='guyver2077']i honestly dont think they are entitled to give us any movies..

we ordered a2's from their business site which mentions nothing about free movies. They then "upgrade" us to a2's since they were not in stock...Something they didnt have to do and could of just cancelled orders...

They "hooked us up" as is...

all power to you if you pull it off..[/QUOTE]
Although true, they took orders more than they can handle. Since there were probably a substantial amount of orders, canceling all those orders would of pissed off a whole lot of people. So I see it more as them saving themselves from complaints and losing customers.

[quote name='iazybandit']Although true, they took orders more than they can handle. Since there were probably a substantial amount of orders, canceling all those orders would of pissed off a whole lot of people. So I see it more as them saving themselves from complaints and losing customers.[/quote]

I'm sure they took even more orders last year on PS3's when they weren't in stock (anyone remember that fiasco?) They had no trouble canceling those and giving everyone $10 for their troubles. They could have done the same this time just as easily, so yes, they already went above and beyond what they had to. I'm not saying don't try to get your free movies, but they certainly don't OWE anyone those, especially if they weren't even part of a promotion at BBforB.com.

[quote name='lawdood']I'm sure they took even more orders last year on PS3's when they weren't in stock (anyone remember that fiasco?) They had no trouble canceling those and giving everyone $10 for their troubles. They could have done the same this time just as easily, so yes, they already went above and beyond what they had to. I'm not saying don't try to get your free movies, but they certainly don't OWE anyone those, especially if they weren't even part of a promotion at BBforB.com.[/QUOTE]
Never heard about that fiasco. But with the PS3 I can understand as they probably dont buy systems as cheap as the HD-DVD players. not to mention the price of the PS3 compared to the HD-DVD players.

email received:

We are currently reviewing orders for this product. We cannot offer a guarantee that we can fulfill this order, but we are expecting that we will be able to fulfill all orders for this product, possibly with an upgraded model. We will be communicating with you about your order shortly.

Customer Support
1-800-373-3050
www.bestbuyforbusiness.com

bread's done
Back