Bestbuy Buy 2 Get 1 Free, Xbox 360 Platinum Hits games (NEW!) L4D2, Portal 2, Halo Wars, Fallout NV:UE

Hemi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat321700050013&type=category

Bestbuy just added a B2G1 for Platinum Hits games (which are Xbox 360 games).

Now while it may say platinum hits, I don't think there is a difference for SKU's or for NON platinum hits, so you may get the black label edition if they have it.

MANY games, too many to list for now but GOOD DEAL especially with GCU

Last edited by a moderator:
On top of that, you now need to pay testers to test split-screen and holy shit can things go horribly wrong
This I can relate from my coding experience, one more actuator in the code could definitely complicate things significantly.

For normal optimization code, we use pseudo random patter generators to automate the verification process as much as possible. Do you guys also use such stimulus in verification? Perhaps a randomly moving/shooting dummy?

Sorry because this won't mean anything to most people, but I know someone else from Puerto Rico reads these threads sometimes. I just used this deal to pick up 3 games at Best Buy Plaza Las Americas - it was already in the system and there was no need for any type of override.

This I can relate from my coding experience, one more actuator in the code could definitely complicate things significantly.

For normal optimization code, we use pseudo random patter generators to automate the verification process as much as possible. Do you guys also use such stimulus in verification? Perhaps a randomly moving/shooting dummy?
Unfortunately I didn't get to touch any code at Epic, all I did was black box testing. Lots of team testing where we would just try random things out until we found bugs. With my current work I'm all about the code, and I typically code with a tester's mindset wherein I will identify potential bugs, test my hypotheses, and immediately fix them if necessary. I test any random factors by running a lot of test loops on my code to make sure it never breaks. I haven't coded any multiplayer yet, so I can't speak about testing that on the code end.

Cool thanks for the insight.

Now what about top-down games like Diablo 3 or platformers like Rayman Legends? Do you see those kind of local co-op experiences going out the door as well? From a design standpoint it seems like those types of couch co-op games are easier to develop compared to what you described.
I think when same screen co-op is absolutely core to the design and appeal, it will definitely still exist - especially in games where both players can be restricted to the same play area. The issue I described arises when it's a game like Dead Rising 3. To most people same screen co-op probably seems like an easy thing to do since online co-op already exists. The big difference there is that online co-op has two X1s powering it. Imagine the game trying to render double the amount of zombies it already renders, on just one X1. Now it's not such a simple idea, since the X1 would probably catch fire trying to do that.

bread's done
Back