Bestbuy Collectors edition Clearance sale 50% (sr3,u3,pt2, and etc) ymmv possibly

ihavethumbs

CAGiversary!
So, I went into my local bestbuy to do some trade-in's and my friend working there told me, that their collector editions have gone on clearance and i picked up.
Uncharted 3 Collectors edition for 32.50
Saint's row 3 for 20.00
There were others, but wasn't interested in them like soul calibur V, Epic Mickey, Street x fighter, batman, assassins creed brotherhood, prototype 2, rift, and etc.
Might be specific for my area, but you guys should check your bestbuys to see.

edit:
Area portland, oregon
pictures of receipt for proof.

2nd edit: Doubt Max payne 3 is included in this clearance thing, still rather new. Never hurt to try, but don't see it happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dranakin']So none of these CE are labeled? You have to ring them up first?[/QUOTE]

You'd figure they'd throw them in a Bargain Bin or section them off somewhere or something - you know, like BB used to do w/ their $10 and under games...

Just called my local store, and was told they're coming up as regular priced when ringed up. I wonder if these CE are individually marked.

Btw I live in Illinois.

[quote name='MysterD']You'd figure they'd throw them in a Bargain Bin or section them off somewhere or something - you know, like BB used to do w/ their $10 and under games...[/QUOTE]

I know right. Best Buy should take all these gargantuan CE boxes and just dump them all into a bargain bin. It's not like they wouldn't all stick out and possibly get damaged or anything.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I know right. Best Buy should take all these gargantuan CE boxes and just dump them all into a bargain bin. It's not like they wouldn't all stick out and possibly get damaged or anything.[/QUOTE]

Okay, good point...
Maybe putting a red sticker [on some color] on the game-box is a better idea, to denote if it's a CE that's 50% off...

If the Skyrim CE went down any further than the $60 it's been priced at for a while now, then I guess I'm headed to BB for a PM and to get back whatever amount it's dropped.;)

Nothing at my local BBY, and, I have never seen a store clearance on CEs around here. Never.
If any LA CAGs did before, you must be a wizard.

[quote name='TooPoor']Nothing at my local BBY, and, I have never seen a store clearance on CEs around here. Never.
If any LA CAGs did before, you must be a wizard.[/QUOTE]

I've seen it quite a few times actually. I'm a wizard!

[quote name='argyle']Yup, Uncharted rang up $65 at my store too. :([/QUOTE]

Oh well. Glad I didn't go out in the heat to try. I very seriously doubt my local BB is doing this.

[quote name='sharpeone']Oh well. Glad I didn't go out in the heat to try. I very seriously doubt my local BB is doing this.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you are still going

Pretty much got laughed out of the store I was at, even when I showed them reciept pic from this thread on my phone. A shame too bc I would have bought UC3, Prototype 2, and SR 3rd collectors if they would have given them to me at 50% off..

[quote name='confoosious']I'm looking for the Mass Effect 1 or 2 CEs. If you guys see them, please PM me!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I found a Mass Effect 1 CE for you confoosious, it's waiting right out back, behind the Best Buy in the little shed, along with a bunch of Diablo and Starcraft CEs ... :p

Went to my local Best Buy for Saints Row The Third. Were still price marked for $79.99 and rang up $59.99 after a price check. Though there were only 2 left for each system.

Though there are like 6 copies of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE with the Jack in the Box priced at $29.99. Don't know what they would ring up as but I'll wait until payday for that.

I'm beginning to think the OP might've Photoshop'd his receipt as a gag...something fishy bout this thread. Not gonna bother wasting gas in my car on a wild goose chase :/

Ohh yeaa the guy asking about Diablo 3 Collectors Ed in stock thanks for tha laugh, lolol.

I bought a Saints Row 3 CE today in DC for $50, so I assume the sale is not valid here.

Just came from the Washington square BB in Portland OR. they had a mountain of Collectors editions, all on sale, but no extra 50% off. Ex: Uncharted 3 Collectors $64.

U3 CE has been on clearance for $39.99 at my local Best Buy (Newport News, VA) for at least a month. Been tempted to pick up and definitely going to check if they have lowered it anymore after seeing this.

Heh. After reading through this thread I wasn't expecting much when I walked into my local BB in Denton, TX. They were running a manager's sale, 50% off anything with a red sticker. Had stuff like Crysis 2, Dead Space 2 stickered.

...and also Saint's Row The Third CE. So $24.99 for Saint's Row. No other CE's were stickered.

I picked up 2 copies for PS3, one to flip.

[quote name='scottpilgrim52']Why is there no sales tax and how come the price went from 32.49 to 32.50...?[/QUOTE]

Oregon = No sales tax. The $32.50 you see is what's being discounted off the original price of$64.99. So $64.99 - $32.50 = $32.49, which is what he paid.

[quote name='Cocojames333']I'm sure you are still going[/QUOTE]

Nope. Showed some self-restraint and stayed in playing on the PC all day.

[quote name='YBX87']LMfao, this is a fools hunt[/QUOTE]

Of course not!! This and the Wal-Mart $5 clearance games are not for fools :)

BB Dedham MA location had no CE's on sale. Saints Row The Third was $49.99 (Game and cheap headphones). They also had Assassins Creed Brotherhood for $29.99 and Gears Of War 3 Epic Edition for $99.99. Bought SSX $9.99 with $30 off coupon tho. Probably won't even open it, just bought it cause it was $9 bucks...

It is a store level clearance so it wouldn't automatically ring up.
If your store is doing the 50% clearance off CEs then you have to ask a manager, or go ring up at the gaming section and ask about it.

You are still going to need a manager's override regardless. Unless your cashier just happens to be a manager.

For those that bought the Discounted CE. Are thing ringing up as such?

Had an BB employee scan an Uncharted CE and it was 60. Not sure if I should look for a sticker. (Was told the CE were just shipped to the store, soooo)

[quote name='redboy']For those that bought the Discounted CE. Are thing ringing up as such?

Had an BB employee scan an Uncharted CE and it was 60. Not sure if I should look for a sticker. (Was told the CE were just shipped to the store, soooo)[/QUOTE]

Rang up full price, manager had to override. But it had a sticker for 25

This is not a guaranteed drop. BBY price drops don't work like other places. Best Buy has free will to mark down "at risk" items.

Good Luck.

[quote name='redboy']For those that bought the Discounted CE. Are thing ringing up as such?

Had an BB employee scan an Uncharted CE and it was 60. Not sure if I should look for a sticker. (Was told the CE were just shipped to the store, soooo)[/QUOTE]

Mine rang up as $49.99 and needed manager override. It had a red sticker on it though, and there were signs all around the game department saying that red sticker items were an additional 50% off.

Rockaway, NJ BB, still full priced. What was sad was the "clearance" section that copies of Rhythm Heaven for $30.

GF found an :ps3:Agarest War Zero LE in great shape, while I was checking out. Was happy to buy it, thinking it was 50% off the $59.99 tag. It rang up $39.99, so it ended up being $19.99.

I had been debating picking it up since selling a dented 360 version for $40, and finding out the PS3 one was worth more. Now I'm debating on selling my other 360 copy.

bread's done
Back