bestbuy.com - asinine shipping for video games

gsr

CAGiversary!
ok so my local bestbuy stores do not have one of the two GH games that I want in order to do the 2 for 25 deal.

I put everything in my cart on bestbuy.com, and it says that shipping is 3.98. If I were to get one game, shipping is 1.99. WTF?? Does it cost a big company like bestbuy 3.99 to ship.

On top of this, they charge you tax..I mean, wtf man? what's the point of the 2 for 25 deal? You might as well get two games for 30 bucks at EB and use saver shipping.

The reason that they charge tax is because there is a retail store in your state. Whenever you buy something online from a company that has retail locations in your state, you have to pay the sales tax.

As for the shipping, $4 for two games isn't that bad. The only thing that's upsetting you is the great deal that you could have got for shipping on only one game.

There's really no point in complaining about tax when you're usually supposed to pay tax anyways when you make purchases in store. I see it as just a perk when an online store doesn't charge you tax, not an expectation. And where I'm from EB charges tax online anyways.

And bestbuy.com's shipping is awful. $4 maybe not be bad for shipping two games, but it's $2 per game no matter how many games you buy. I don't know of any other online store that does shipping like that (usually it's total flat rate or base rate + per item cost).

pwnstamp.jpg

[quote name='gsr']On top of this, they charge you tax..I mean, wtf man? what's the point of the 2 for 25 deal? You might as well get two games for 30 bucks at EB and use saver shipping.[/quote]

Dumbassgamer!

4. "Company X is evil because my order was taxed."

Companies would love not to charge tax; they never keep it, and of course the lower the price to the consumer the higher the sales. Companies charge tax because they have to, not because they're greedy. The need to charge depends on their location(s), your location, and the way to company's set up.

I was a military brat, so I feel for you. I'm not use to sales tax either. Way to high in my opinion. Shop in store. If online only, just look elsewhere.

I've got no problem with the tax...Charge the tax and give me free shipping and the deal works out nicely.

The point is, that there is no deal once they've added all these fees to the basic 2 for 25 price.

eldad - i have no reason to get into a flamewar here, but sitting behind a computer and calling someone a dumbass must be real easy for people of your ilk

[quote name='j.elles']I was a military brat, so I feel for you. I'm not use to sales tax either. Way to high in my opinion. Shop in store. If online only, just look elsewhere.[/quote]

The problem is that most B&M stores do not have copies of Ratchet and Clank 1, which is one of the games that i want. Return of the King is the other, and most stores carry that.

Deal's dead now anyway

Look elsewhere. Fry's, and Half.com might be the only places you can find certain games. Unless you want to go to Target or Walmart which could have it for a deal at some point.

When ordering anime last week, I ordered one set, then saw a few other dvds that i wanted, so i called to cancel my order so that I could save on shipping.

I couldnt cancel 3 mins after placing my order...but no biggie.

But when i go to order the next 2 items, i see that the shipping charges keep stacking. So it didnt matter if i order 5 items at once, or 1 at a time...the price would be the same..

So yes BB sucks, not just for stacking shipping, for service plan harrassment, for being anal with cheapyd, for so many things.

The reason the tax is charged is not just because of the retail presence in the state but because of their in store pickup and in store returns. Because they sort of linked the online store and B&M store together, they have to charge tax.

Gamestop.com for example is a seperate entity from the B&M stores so that's why they don't charge tax except in NY and one other state, probably because they have Gamestop headquarters or a warehouse in that state.

bread's done
Back