BestBuy.com, buy GoW get 1600 MS Points Card free

cjclifford

CAGiversary!
So I purchased some games off BestBuy.com yesterday and a 1600 MS points card. To my surprise, the points card was free. Turned out if you purchase a copy of Gears of War, you get a 1600 points card free. Plus a lot of the games were a whole $3 cheaper (wow).

[quote name='cjclifford']So I purchased some games off BestBuy.com yesterday and a 1600 MS points card. To my surprise, the points card was free. Turned out if you purchase a copy of Gears of War, you get a 1600 points card free. Plus a lot of the games were a whole $3 cheaper (wow).[/QUOTE]

seems the games are like 5% off

i got FF 3 for 37.99 used Best buy bucks

i got children of mana for 28.49

Not bad... Thanks for the heads up. I just bought Gears of War and did the in store pick up and got the free 1600 points... I just got my Xbox today with GOW from walmart, but it looks like GOW will be going back to Walmart tommarow.

yep, i did this just for the points even though I already have a copy of GoW.
that said, who wants to buy Gears from me when I get it? haha

Crap, I did this a couple days ago. I thought it was posted as part of the BB Black Friday stuff or I would have mentioned it, sorry.

[quote name='bluto20']yep, i did this just for the points even though I already have a copy of GoW.
that said, who wants to buy Gears from me when I get it? haha[/quote]i will for 30:)seriously i can paypal it to you or send you a check

[quote name='lookitsrobss']i will for 30:)seriously i can paypal it to you or send you a check[/QUOTE]
That would be pretty funny. He's got to sell Gears for $40 just to break even on the points card.

Glad to help guys. It was a total surprise to me when I got to the checkout portion and noticed I wasn't being charged for the points. I was also surprised no one else had posted this yet.

just checked quickly and it seems it's been replaced with Halo 3 pre-order?

Anybody have a link for the GoW deal? Thanks.

[quote name='asaraa']just checked quickly and it seems it's been replaced with Halo 3 pre-order?

Anybody have a link for the GoW deal? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
It's over. GoW used to have the Points deal listed in the sidebar where the price and add to cart button are but it's gone now.

Yeah, thanks for this OP. I ordered it and picked it up in-store on Saturday morning. I wasn't planning on getting Gears of War just yet, but the free LIVE points pushed me over the edge.

bread's done
Back