Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fearthecub']FYI, Dell uses the same trade-in service as Best Buy (DealTree Services), so the trade-in values should be the same if you'd prefer Dell credit rather than Best Buy credit. I spot checked a few titles, and all of the TIVs were the same.

Sometimes Dell has some decent coupon offers (or bundled gift card offers), especially on consoles.

Here is the link: http://dell.eztradein.com/Dell/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm[/QUOTE]

Damn, I wasn't aware of this. I could have traded my copy of L4D2, gotten $30 from Dell, and used it for the SC: Conviction pre-order ($39.99). I would have a paid less than $15. Unfortunately, they are out of stock :cry:

Found 2 copies of Destroy All Humans in complete form at BBV; $15 for both gets me $40 credit. I like! There was one other copy sans manual that I left.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Found 2 copies of...at BBV[/QUOTE]

What is BBV and POG? :???: I also saw IATCG mention it earlier in the thread.

Trade-in - PSP - Rock Band Unplugged
Trade-in - Playstation3 - LittleBigPlanet
Trade-in - Playstation3 - Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
Trade-in - Playstation3 - King of Fighters XII
Trade-in - Xbox360 - Tom Clancys Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
Trade-in - Xbox360 - Rock Band 2 - Game Only

$102 Gift card... that works for me!

[quote name='htown01']What is BBV and POG? :???: I also saw IATCG mention it earlier in the thread.[/QUOTE]

BBV=Blockbuster Video
POG=Previously Owned Game

Blockbuster gets in a bunch of POG's(usually disc only games missing artwork and sometimes missing manuals)from time to time and right now they have a B1G1 free on games $14.99 and under(some of which would be flippable to this promo or to the Gamestop $25 off $29.99 and up games).

But there was apparently something wrong with my post or I gave away CAG state secrets or whatever, since my post was deleted earlier discussing it.:roll:

Here's a hint though: Some Blockbuster B1G1 sales will flip to both this promo @ BB and to GS to get games to flip to BB's promo.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
BBV=Blockbuster Video
POG=Previously Owned Game

Here's a hint though: Some Blockbuster B1G1 sales will flip to both this promo @ BB and to GS to get games to flip to BB's promo.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up for me :D But you lost me at the end :whistle2:k I've never traded/flipped games before.

[quote name='htown01']Thanks for clearing that up for me :D But you lost me at the end :whistle2:k I've never traded/flipped games before.[/QUOTE]

I meant that as, some of the games from the Blockbuster B1G1 will be able to be turned in for this deal and some will be able to be turned in at Gamestop as part of either their tiered trade deal, any power trade they might have going or the $25 off of any game $29.99 and higher deal.

Flipping is relatively easy to get into and can make you a ton of credit so you're never really paying MSRP for games, even if you actually are. What I mean by that is, if you buy games cheap enough that flip for enough, you can say you 'only spent X amount to get Y amount of credit'.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I meant that as, some of the games from the Blockbuster B1G1 will be able to be turned in for this deal and some will be able to be turned in at Gamestop as part of either their tiered trade deal, any power trade they might have going or the $25 off of any game $29.99 and higher deal.

Flipping is relatively easy to get into and can make you a ton of credit so you're never really paying MSRP for games, even if you actually are. What I mean by that is, if you buy games cheap enough that flip for enough, you can say you 'only spent X amount to get Y amount of credit'.:D[/QUOTE]

:lol: I understand now. Thanks :D

[quote name='Interfeci']This looks like a nice deal, but i've never seen much of a use for BB credit.[/QUOTE]

You can opt for a check but it is for a lower value. $30 credit or $20 check.

I just raided my local Family Video Stores for the following flips:

Xbox360 - Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $9.99 - Trade in for $20
Xbox360 - Wolfenstein - $9.99 - Trade in for $20
Xbox360 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Uncaged Edition $9.99 - Trade in for $20

If you are looking for buying something at Bestbuy in the next 6 months this is a nice way to take almost 50% off the purchase price (excluding tax)...

How does BB trade in work? Do you just walk in to the customer counter and trade-it in?

On the BB site it say you need to have bought the game at best buy to trade it in. I think I misread on that one though.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']How does BB trade in work? Do you just walk in to the customer counter and trade-it in?

On the BB site it say you need to have bought the game at best buy to trade it in. I think I misread on that one though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='supaet']yeah, can you trade this in store? or is it online and shipping only?[/QUOTE]

Unless you bought the game there (and have proof), then you have to do it online. So basically online only.

who pays for the shipping?

if i want to sell 7 of those games can i put them all in one box?

will best buy pay thje shipping to them?

does best buy accept the PAL version of littlebygplanet ?

They send you a shipping label to print out. So they pay the shipping to them. Now if they say your games are NOT getting full quote price, then it is on you to pay the shipping back to you, unless you take their reduced price.

[quote name='nakanenui']They send you a shipping label to print out. So they pay the shipping to them. Now if they say your games are NOT getting full quote price, then it is on you to pay the shipping back to you, unless you take their reduced price.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone ever gotten rejected or reduced price for their trade-in? I'm just wondering how picky they are other than manual and box art

I just printed out my label for a couple of games I am sending back. I'm going to try and wrap up Aliens vs Predator and Dante's Inferno this week to send out by next Friday. The $30 TIV is probably the best price you can get outside of an individual sale.

Hopefully there is a pretty quick turnaround on the gift card. I'm hoping to use mine to get my copy of Red Dead Redemption.

Only disc condition option is: does it play? Now that is vague and allows them wiggle room, but I got my games, box, and bubble wrap so off it goes. Hope minor surface scratches are ok, cause the game does still play fine.

Keep me posted on the turnaround time. It says they'll shoot you an email with details of when it's received and when to expect your gift card (7-14 days after games are received).

is this trade in program limited to few cities, whenever I try to register it says the address is incorrect when I am entering a proper USPS address without leaving any mandatory fields.

I think somebody posted in here that you have 30 days...but don't take my word for it.

Mailed in my mint copy of LBP on 4/07 and they received it and verified it today 4/10.

Granted, I live in VA and mailed it across the line to MD...still beats the two weeks it used to take with Amazon.

And BB.com dropped the MSRP for LBP GOTY to $30 finally.

Too bad they don't just issue credit online so I can use it immediately.

Did my trade in order today:
2x Destroy All Humans $20ea (BBV B1G1)
1x AC2 $30 - can get it for about $20 used online during game days
1x L4D2 $30 - already got another copy from EA coming for $20
1x Saboteur $20 - 19.99 current retail and normal trade in is ~$8

What I will do with $120 in BB credit remains to be seen. Probably a Red Dead pre-order, though, if I get the credit in time.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Did my trade in order today:

What I will do with $120 in BB credit remains to be seen. Probably a Red Dead pre-order, though, if I get the credit in time.[/QUOTE]

Keep us posted on how it goes.

I'm also thinking of trading in my 2 copies of L4D2 into BB but they don't usually have video game deals. I'm thinking of trading them into Gamestop instead of going through the hassle with BB.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Did my trade in order today:

What I will do with $120 in BB credit remains to be seen. Probably a Red Dead pre-order, though, if I get the credit in time.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you trade in one of the qualifying '$25 off a $29.99 or higher' games from the list at Gamestop.com and got it as part of a B1G1 from Blockbuster, you can get it for about $15.;)

Sent in 4 x Beatles Rock Band today, thinking about converting a large chunk of Gamestop credit over to Best Buy via ACIIs for a new oven my wife wants.

[quote name='outkastx']Sent in 4 x Beatles Rock Band today, thinking about converting a large chunk of Gamestop credit over to Best Buy via ACIIs for a new oven my wife wants.[/QUOTE]

my wife would love for my video game habit to pan out like this, smart thinking.

Trying this and gazelle out today with seperate orders. Their spring deal values are a bit higher for some games than the competitors, and I am hoping that the trade quote is set such that they cannot renig on their quote if the price goes down (or if they claim the game condition is bad!).

Well it would not accept my address or my main email. I had to use my brothers address and my websites email in order to create an account. Absolutely retarded.

Regardless, I finally got it to work. Trading in LBP and will get LBP GOTY. Kind of a hassle but worth it in the end.

Today I'm sending off Tekken 6 and Demon Souls for 30 each and X-men Origins: Wolverine for $20 which is a great TIV :)

[quote name='gravel']Hmm, $30 for Madden 10 and Tiger Woods 10...I think I'm in.[/QUOTE]

Dangit...I forgot to trade in Madden 10. I definitely dont play it anymore. I may have to submit another trade before the promotion is over.

[quote name='outkastx']Sent in 4 x Beatles Rock Band today, thinking about converting a large chunk of Gamestop credit over to Best Buy via ACIIs for a new oven my wife wants.[/QUOTE]

Dude - why don't you convert it using LBP used copies? With Edge, you can buy them for $22.50 and trade them at 30. It's like a quick 25% discount on your oven...

Edit... NM - I just realized that ACII was priced lower as used now, too. It was not when they first started the Gamedays sale. Both are pretty much equal now, I guess...

[quote name='joshthegreat69']So these trade in values are valid until the end of May? I bought The Saboteur from EA and I was planning on trading it in after I beat it.[/QUOTE]

I would think if you lock in the rate and use most of the 30 days, you would be guaranteed the $30?

Also, anyone else using bubble mailers to send in their stuff? I wanted to determine if I should get insurance on this, even though the printed label does have "delivery confirmation" on it.

They received my games on Monday and I still havn't heard anything back. How long does it usually take from those that have done this before?

Do they really let you send in 10 copies of a game? the quantity menu allows you to choose up to 10, but I'm worried they'd actually reject it.

Since I haven't been able to get any reasonable trades on CAG lately, I've decided to unload most of my trade collection to BB:

QTY:
gift card QTY: 1 PSP - Patapon $3.00
gift card QTY: 1 Xbox360 - 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand $6.00
gift card QTY: 2 Xbox360 - Guitar Hero: Metallica $40.00
gift card QTY: 1 Xbox360 - Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs $7.00
gift card QTY: 1 Xbox360 - Monsters vs. Aliens $10.00
gift card QTY: 1 Xbox360 - Tekken 6 $30.00
gift card QTY: 2 Xbox360 - Tom Clancys EndWar - Game Only $10.00
gift card QTY: 1 Xbox360 - Up $7.00
gift card QTY: 2 Xbox360 - X-Blades $8.00
gift card QTY: 2 Xbox360 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Uncaged Edition $40.00
gift card Total: $161.00

I feel pretty good about most of the trade-in values. $161 isn't too bad at all.

what kind of shipping label did everyone get? i got a usps parcel post label but the how it works section says drop it off at a ups location to get a receipt.

bread's done
Back