Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't knock LBP out of stock. I did order a complete copy of afrika tho for 30% off. I only have darksiders @ 20ish and im complete. lol. Lbp was in my cart, but I thought better to wait since my first order still isnt verified. plus after this last month I think im gonna take a breather n just wait for some free best buy items, enough of this bbvgsbbtru flipmania. I mean, until I need some more games of course :)

still waiting on them to receive my x-men origins wolverine

next time i'll use the UPS shipping label instead of the usps one they gave me

anyone notice that the eztradein email's address, it has eztradein as the name, but the printed label for usps has best buys? does anyone think that is slowing the processing down?

If anyone is having trouble with sticker residue from some of the stickers on the BBV games, use pure vegetable oil. Stuff takes the residue off instantly.

I find that my 2 Fast & 2 Furious pocket knife is perfect for peeling off those stickers.

Somehow they were able to transfer the suckiness of that movie to the knife, allowing me to peel those stickers off without damaging the plastic covers.

I'd buy that for a dollar... and I did:lol:.

[quote name='Velo214']I didn't knock LBP out of stock. I did order a complete copy of afrika tho for 30% off. I only have darksiders @ 20ish and im complete. lol. Lbp was in my cart, but I thought better to wait since my first order still isnt verified. plus after this last month I think im gonna take a breather n just wait for some free best buy items, enough of this bbvgsbbtru flipmania. I mean, until I need some more games of course :)[/QUOTE]

How much was Afrika after 30% off cuz I've had a copy of it on my TL for like a month now. I'm debating if I wanna finish it or trade it in to BB now that I know it gets double what I paid for it.

But it has at least a few surface scratches, which were on there when I got the damn game.:cry:

My LBP trade-in is still stuck as "waiting to receive" even though it was delivered on April 19. Anyone else have the same status?

[quote name='Velo214']$24 total, hopefully it's all there n good. you got it for $10? howd u do that? bestbuy only gives 20. wow.[/QUOTE]

A local shop had a copy of it. They originally had it priced at $12(guy paid the person who traded it like $6-8 he said lol), but I haggled it down to $10 cuz of the surface scratches on it.;)

that's great to haggle. i got demon's souls off cl for 40. he showed up and i was like, eh, how bout 30 and he was like yeah whatever it's too hard for me. lol. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Y2Bogus']Looking through the price list, they don't seem any better than Amazon, and in my opinion, the Amazon card is greater value.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I got $33 back from MW2 on PS3 compared to $20 at Best Buy trade in. Besides, Amazon deposits the GC amount into your account very fast.

[quote name='NJMane']My LBP trade-in is still stuck as "waiting to receive" even though it was delivered on April 19. Anyone else have the same status?[/QUOTE]

My box was received 4/20 according to tracking info, but "Waiting to Receive" is still my status as well.

[quote name='VLSafehouse']I'm with you. I got $33 back from MW2 on PS3 compared to $20 at Best Buy trade in. Besides, Amazon deposits the GC amount into your account very fast.[/QUOTE]

On certain games amazon is better but on other Best Buy was too good to pass up. Like lbp for $30 or cod 4 for $20. Demon Souls for $30 wasnt bad either.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It took from the 17th of this month till the 23rd for mine to go from delivered to verified.

I think it might depend on how many games you sent in.[/QUOTE]

I sent in just 1. I figured this program would not be the quickest of the bunch but $30 for the standard LBP was too good to pass up. Hopefully mine will get verified on Monday or Tuesday then.

I mailed mine of 4/11. Received 4/16, took until 4/23 for the website to reflect, and now I'm waiting for them to ship the GCs (7 days, according to the website). So all in all it will have taken me roughly a month to get credit. Prices were definitely worth it, and they were more than fair in assessing condition, but...jeez. Really? It takes a week to assess condition, then another week to send the GC?

[quote name='mathyou']I mailed mine of 4/11. Received 4/16, took until 4/23 for the website to reflect, and now I'm waiting for them to ship the GCs (7 days, according to the website). So all in all it will have taken me roughly a month to get credit. Prices were definitely worth it, and they were more than fair in assessing condition, but...jeez. Really? It takes a week to assess condition, then another week to send the GC?[/QUOTE]

The way I see is that these games I'm trading in would of gotten crappy credit anywhere else at least with this a month down the line I'll get a giftcard for a good price.

That's what bugs me about this program, though the trade prices cannot be beat. It was choice for me between $5 at Gamestop before promos, $9.75 at Amazon or $30 in TIV at Best Buy/Deal Tree's site for Little Big Planet vanilla edition.

For me, the choice was clear, no matter how long the wait. As long as they don't drop values after they've been 'assessed' and I receive the emails about the assessment, I don't care how long they take in the process since the prices as so damn good.

[quote name='sassylaurie']My box was received 4/20 according to tracking info, but "Waiting to Receive" is still my status as well.[/QUOTE]

Dumb question here, but where on the site are you seeing your status? I signed in to BB website, but don't see any info on my trade-in.

go to your account. i know hqn n i did well if we got this going. i havnt canceled my first order of 20 games tho, im thinkn to wait til they confirm my 2 orders that i split it into becuz i didnt want to send all 20 at the same time. i didnt want them to cancel the ones i sent them tho, doh. lol. its late sat nite.

[quote name='Velo214']go to your account. i know hqn n i did well if we got this going. i havnt canceled my first order of 20 games tho, im thinkn to wait til they confirm my 2 orders that i split it into becuz i didnt want to send all 20 at the same time. i didnt want them to cancel the ones i sent them tho, doh. lol. its late sat nite.[/QUOTE]

What section of account do you go to, might sound like a noobish question its just I can't find the status of the order.

EDIT: Found it under trade in center and not bestbuy home portal.

I sent off 7 games yesterday. 4 copies of Call of Juarez 360, 2 of the PS3 version and one copy of Assassin's Creed II 360. This was to the eBay/paypal version. Total should be $150. Keeping fingers crossed. One of the 360 Call of Juarez had a black case so I swapped the case with one of my games, just to be safe. Does anyone know of a cheap source of replacement cases?

[quote name='crunchewy']I sent off 7 games yesterday. 4 copies of Call of Juarez 360, 2 of the PS3 version and one copy of Assassin's Creed II 360. This was to the eBay/paypal version. Total should be $150. Keeping fingers crossed. One of the 360 Call of Juarez had a black case so I swapped the case with one of my games, just to be safe. Does anyone know of a cheap source of replacement cases?[/QUOTE]

I order mine from meritline.com, 360 cases are $2.30 for 10. Shipping is pretty high (it was like 7 bucks to my neck of the woods) but I was ordering quite a bit of stuff (like 50 xbox cases, some blu ray cases, etc.) so it wasn't too bad. The sad part was that most of the caes wren't for flipping - it just bugs me when the cases on my shelf aren't standard. Oh well, OCD :)

[quote name='Chris60319']I order mine from meritline.com, 360 cases are $2.30 for 10. Shipping is pretty high (it was like 7 bucks to my neck of the woods) but I was ordering quite a bit of stuff (like 50 xbox cases, some blu ray cases, etc.) so it wasn't too bad. The sad part was that most of the caes wren't for flipping - it just bugs me when the cases on my shelf aren't standard. Oh well, OCD :)[/QUOTE]

Just bought 40 of the green cases. Thanks for the heads up. Shipping was about ten bucks.

[quote name='Jesse757x']I just printed a shipping label and the address is kind of small/hard to read. Is it just me or maybe its my printer?[/QUOTE]

That's how the address you're sending to prints out, as it was the same on mine as well.

I think I may be screwed. I mailed off my games yesterday, but now when I log into the dealtree site my tradein does not appear! Also the tracking number on the label is showing up as "no record" on usps.com (it's parcel post). Has this happened to anyone else? I'm worried my stuff us just list into the ether. :(

[quote name='crunchewy']I think I may be screwed. I mailed off my games yesterday, but now when I log into the dealtree site my tradein does not appear! Also the tracking number on the label is showing up as "no record" on usps.com (it's parcel post). Has this happened to anyone else? I'm worried my stuff us just list into the ether. :([/QUOTE]

I think it took a day or two before mine even showed up with the first scan to show it was in transit. Did you have yours scanned in at UPS/USPS or did you just drop it off in a mailbox or whatever?

I handed mine off to the one guy picking up the mail for the 6pm final pickup at the one post office I always use in the local mall without having them scan it in the first time and it still arrived and was 'verified' within 7 days of mailing it out.

[quote name='crunchewy']I think I may be screwed. I mailed off my games yesterday, but now when I log into the dealtree site my tradein does not appear! Also the tracking number on the label is showing up as "no record" on usps.com (it's parcel post). Has this happened to anyone else? I'm worried my stuff us just list into the ether. :([/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat. Exact same story... I am just sitting on it till the week roles around and then I will look into it more. USPS and many other sites do not update often over the weekend. I think we should be fine.

I set up another tradein order for Assassin's Creed 2 last week, but i just sold it to a friend for $20 tonight instead of playing the waiting game for the $30.

I sent 2 phones at the same time as my games and those were processed already (with no trouble too). Isn't the processing center the same as the one used by Gazelle? Gazelle was pretty quick in comparison.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I set up another tradein order for Assassin's Creed 2 last week, but i just sold it to a friend for $20 tonight instead of playing the waiting game for the $30.

I sent 2 phones at the same time as my games and those were processed already (with no trouble too). Isn't the processing center the same as the one used by Gazelle? Gazelle was pretty quick in comparison.[/QUOTE]

What do they need for phones? Just the phone and battery or some sort of charger or.....?

I ask cuz I was going to buy up a shitload of old phones I saw at the flea market a couple of weeks ago for $1-2 each if they're worth anything online.:D;)

EDIT: Nevermind. I just skimmed about 5-10 pages from Gazelle n it looks like they're looking for the 'fancier' newer phones and not some of the old monochrome screen shitty ones I saw a couple weeks ago at the flea market. LMAO

The ones I was looking at were the old, old, old, old style with just a black n white screen n maybe the ability to text message with no keyboard or web browser. That's why I'm glad I held off on picking those up.

I've even been scouring the local thrift stores for them in the in vain hopes of flipping them to wherever, but now that I know they're mostly worthless junk I know enough to leave them in the crap pile they're in.

I was presuming it should show up in my account on their website, unrelated to the delivery confirmation number. I.e. That it would show up soon after first entering the trade at their website. No? It's been about a week since I entered it at their site.

Today the trade-ins are showing up in my account as "Accepted Estimates", so that's a relief, but the tracking number for the package is still coming up as "no record". I was presuming there would be a record from the start ("electronic record received" or some such status), as there is when I use paypal shipping, but I guess this works differently, and there is no record until the package is actually scanned? I did just drop it off, and don't know if it was scanned or not. Hopefully it will show up today or soon anyway - I'm in Maryland, so even though Parcel Post I wouldn't expect it to take more then a day or two to get there.

Got the GC today. The envelope only mentions a PO box. Absolutely no marking from Best Buy at all. Very strange. Time to go up and get an Elite 360 after work :)

so one of the games i ordered from gamefly to flip doesn't work-

it plays the intro of the game but after that it says unreadable disc-tried cleaning it an all but still doesn't work-

my question is this is there anyway i can return the game for a refund-
as i don't want the game and by the time i sent gamefly their copy n get a new one i doubt dealtree will give me a good trade in-

can i get a refund or does gamefly just send another copy-anyone know?

[quote name='dyne']Got the GC today. The envelope only mentions a PO box. Absolutely no marking from Best Buy at all. Very strange. Time to go up and get an Elite 360 after work :)[/QUOTE]

SWEET

-after resuscitating my x box twice-from the red ring of death-it finally died out last month-so yeah im hoping to use the credit to get a new one too.

it lasted 3 years so it wasn't too bad-

According to the USPS tracking number my games were received on the 20th. Website status still shows as waiting to receive. Hopefully that changes today. :???:

[quote name='Danxx777']Woot, I just got paypaled all $180 from dealtree for my 9 BRB's =], btw no fee's attached.[/QUOTE]

So how long did it take from receipt to acknowledgement? They've had my one test trade since Thursday and have yet to acknowledge it, let alone make the payment. I'm not sending in my couple of Beatles RB until they pay out on this test trade. I didn't trust the address on the label (says "Best Buy" instead of Dealtree, even though I didn't use the Best Buy trade-in service - I know they are handled by the same place but I could see them getting all mixed up) nor the utter lack of any info on the packing slip (just a number - not my name, address, and email like on a Gazelle trade-in slip).

All right lets see... I entered the trades on the 18th, then mailed on the 19th. They verified all my games on the 24th and I got payment emails about 5 minutes before that post.

EDIT: Also I think I mentioned earlier but I am legitimately surprised I got verified for the full amount on a couple of my games.

[quote name='lawdood']According to the USPS tracking number my games were received on the 20th. Website status still shows as waiting to receive. Hopefully that changes today. :???:[/QUOTE]

Same here!

bread's done
Back