Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Velo214']apparently my mailpeople are douches too. They said they couldnt take my package because of the date and they showed me an email saying the package would be returned if the date was wrong, ugh. I guess I will just try to give it to my door mailman and if not go to a different usps station and hope they dont check it, argh. i cant print a new label with those locked in estimates so i wish they would just take my freekn package. argh[/QUOTE]

Just drop it in a blue dropoff box

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Oh and LMAO at the tags for this thread. They're almost as funny as the ones for the Darksider promo thread.:roll:[/QUOTE]

They been fixed ;).

I also received my verified value e-mail today for both of my L4D2 ($30 each)

4/16: Dropped off to USPS
4/19: Tracking info stated shipment received
4/30: Verified value e-mail for both games

It took a long ass time but it was worth it :D

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']They wouldn't be able to verify them quickly enough, but I think if they arrive in time then you should be good to go. I think the key wording is that they must be "Shipped" within 30 days of quote. Not positive though, don't blame me if it fails :)[/QUOTE]

Alright, that's kind of what I was thinking. Thank you. :)

[quote name='greatdevastator']Alright, that's kind of what I was thinking. Thank you. :)[/QUOTE]

No prob :) Like I said, I'm not positive but that's the way I understand it

[quote name='io']They been fixed ;).[/QUOTE]
Thanks IO. The ones on that Darksiders one were quite annoying and mostly aimed at me cuz I was complaining bout spending $5 in shipping on a copy of Red Faction for PS3 from Digital River from the Darksiders code voucher.

But the shipping did take a loooooooong time.

BTW, there is a free game this month at BB, check the gamer's club thread for details. Nothing good but free is free, right?

yeah this was a new package(3 tekken 6's and 3 call of juarez') im just gonna drop it in the blue box but I wanted the delivery receipt. but i know i can just use the same # from the slip. oh n i must have missed the tags it just says bestbuy and trade now, what did the funny tags say? lol im gonna skip the free crimecraft or whatev, but go grab demz if you want it :)

[quote name='Velo214']apparently my mailpeople are douches too. They said they couldnt take my package because of the date and they showed me an email saying the package would be returned if the date was wrong, ugh. I guess I will just try to give it to my door mailman and if not go to a different usps station and hope they dont check it, argh. i cant print a new label with those locked in estimates so i wish they would just take my freekn package. argh[/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks. Lucky for me, I went to a different post office like everyone suggested and the guy accepted it, no questions asked. I hope I don't find my package back at my house anytime soon.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah this was a new package(3 tekken 6's and 3 call of juarez') im just gonna drop it in the blue box but I wanted the delivery receipt. but i know i can just use the same # from the slip. oh n i must have missed the tags it just says bestbuy and trade now, what did the funny tags say? lol im gonna skip the free crimecraft or whatev, but go grab demz if you want it :)[/QUOTE]

LOL I'll try any game for free. But anyway, the tags were just ripping on a few people to get a job.

Can someone tell me what exactly to include in the package besides the games? I have the shipping label...but shouldn't there be a packing slip or something?

There is supposed to be a list that you check in which games you are going to trade in.
I put that list and my name and address on that paper and included it in my boxes.

[quote name='Velo214']There is supposed to be a list that you check in which games you are going to trade in.
I put that list and my name and address on that paper and included it in my boxes.[/QUOTE]

Well there's a tiny little list of the 3 games I'm trading in...but it doesn't have my name or like account number on it.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah that's how it is. i guess they take the name/account number off the shipping label.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Shimmerz']The manifest has a trade # code listed before the game. I'm sure they look up the info on who traded in it through that.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see. It just seems like a bad idea though to have the packing slip be that small and without info. I'm just paranoid that I'll send it in and they won't be able to find out who to give the credit to. Hopefully this works out well, I never thought I'd see the day where I could get $70 for Killzone 2, inFamous, and Madden 10.

Has anyone received a "verified" confirmation on any other day besides a Friday?

Mine was delivered on 4/20 and still no change from "Waiting to receive" so I was wondering if I'd have to wait another week until I might possibly hear something from them.

^ Mine were also received on that date. Still no confirmation however. I'm gonna wait until next week and call them to check. Some people here have reported it took around 10 days for them to update the trades as received.

Got verified at 4am. Checked my email and had 10 unread messages, lol. My package got their 20th, so hopefully yours will be verified soon too. Now I need to go to sleep.

Anyone else having problems registering an account on eztradein? It gives me an error and asks for a different email address. I've tried hotmail, gmail, yahoo, my school email, etc. But everytime same error.

I emailed them and they said try deleting cookies, use another browser, or even use a different computer. I did and even tried the computer at the library but still same problem.

edit: I think I know what happened. It seems it took my registration info the first time I entered it. But I got no acknowledgement that I successfully registered. No welcome email, no auto login to your newly created account, no confirmation whatsoever. So if anyone else has the same prob, try logging in to see if your info already went through.

Eztradein is already off to a shaky start. Hopefully the tradein process goes smoother.

Got my confirmation today. Sent my package on 4/16, USPS showed that it arrived on 4/20, Verified and accepted today 5/1

Verified means shit apparently, as mine have been verified since 4/23/10 and it's now beyond a week with the 'payment pending' message up there.:roll:

They must have Speedy Gonzalez' lethargic cousin processing the payments and trades.

I finally got my quote for two LBP's. I'm willing to trade more but only if they're new games. I don't feel like taking any chances with used GS games.

My misadventures so far.

Recap: mailed out a box with 2 games in it. Was returned insufficient postage to my address.

Placed those 2 games in a bubble mailer and mailed out from a different town in the blue USPS collection box when I was running errands. Checked status and it got delivered back to my address. WTF. If the spring trade in values are still holding I will be initiating a new trade order and try again. I hope they dont charge me on the 2 failed attempts trying to send my package to them. My theory on this is that they mixed up the damn to/from addresses or something on the scan label...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sign in to the BB/DT sign in page on Best Buy.com(its in the value estimator page).[/QUOTE]

Do I go to "my account" ?

Do all stores accept trade-ins? if so do i just go in with the games like i would gamestop/eb or do i have to print something out?

[quote name='styl3s']Do all stores accept trade-ins? if so do i just go in with the games like i would gamestop/eb or do i have to print something out?[/QUOTE]

People make me sad.

[quote name='yruluis']People make me sad.[/QUOTE]
Why because i wanted a quick answer instead of scanning 400 pages or spending 5-10 minutes browsing the bestbuy trade site? why the hell would i do that when someone can reply in 3 seconds im at work i don't have time to do all that i just wanted a quick response before my break was over but instead of helping you decide to be a smart ass

thanks.

[quote name='styl3s']Why because i wanted a quick answer instead of scanning 400 pages or spending 5-10 minutes browsing what the hell to do when it can take an informed person 5 seconds to reply? you were of great help, back to work for me.[/QUOTE]

Post = time wasted

[quote name='styl3s']Why because i wanted a quick answer instead of scanning 400 pages or spending 5-10 minutes browsing the bestbuy trade site? why the hell would i do that when someone can reply in 3 seconds im at work i don't have time to do all that i just wanted a quick response before my break was over but instead of helping you decide to be a smart ass

thanks.[/QUOTE]

Maybe avoid CAG while at work?

updated the OP with some commonly asked questions. The bestbuy site is a little confusing as it is more geared towards electronics and not really games. If you want PM me with more questions to put in the OP. Again, I dont know how much longer they will keep giving such good trade values on games from the spring list, so get your stuff in fast.

Finally got email confirmations that my games were received. The email said it would take about 7 days to mail out the gift card.

Received on 4/20 via USPS website.

Confirmed as processed by BB emails today. So it took about 11 days for them to process these. I guess I'll send in some more before those TIV drop.

[quote name='david12795']Do I go to "my account" ?[/QUOTE]
Yes.
[quote name='dabamus']Maybe avoid CAG while at work?[/QUOTE]:applause::applause:

It amazes me how many people I see saying they're on CAG at work. I guess every place I ever worked at used to be like the Gestapo by comparison, since surfing the web was unheard of during working hours, whether it was your break or not.

I just checked my account and my games have been verified. I send them in on 15th, they received on the 20th and verified today, 1st. Gift card within 7 calendar days.

Actually, it's probably within 7 business days(meaning Mon-Fri only usually), though my payment has been pending for about 8 days now. So it's not really guaranteed in 7 days unfortunately.

It's been a pretty slow turn around for this so far, but fine by me, everything I sent in was accepted. My only problem now is what to do with all the credit.

subject to change I guess. I used to play DSlite at work. I was crazy into TWEWY and they put up a sign stating 'no game devices should be used at work.' I just kept playing it tho, when you are renting hotels to hookers at weekly rates I'm not gonna stress about playn my ds at work.

[quote name='Velo214']subject to change I guess. I used to play DSlite at work. I was crazy into TWEWY and they put up a sign stating 'no game devices should be used at work.' I just kept playing it tho, when you are renting hotels to hookers at weekly rates I'm not gonna stress about playn my ds at work.[/QUOTE]

wow hookers charge weekly rates, boy do i feel cheated paying hourly

lol, I work at a hotel. there are like a few pimps/hookers that practically live in the back smoking building and we charge them weekly discounted rates. It is gross. Most humans are gross. lol

[quote name='Velo214']subject to change I guess. I used to play DSlite at work. I was crazy into TWEWY and they put up a sign stating 'no game devices should be used at work.' I just kept playing it tho, when you are renting hotels to hookers at weekly rates I'm not gonna stress about playn my ds at work.[/QUOTE]

LOL We have a hotel/motel around here like that. They were always being raided for prostitution and drug dealing. Right down the road from that no tell motel is one where they charge a weekly rate and I guess some people live their as their home.

I guess it's better than living in a cardboard box, but I think the box might have less cockroaches just by looking at the place.:lol:

bread's done
Back