Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how to ship 2 games together for under 13 ounces. WTF... I have a small box here and it weighs 16 ounces with the games without any padding or tape on it... someone please enlighten me.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I had the same question. I just put the manifest inside the envelope with the game and that's it. It says in the email I received from BB:

"You may want to print this email to use as a packing slip."

Did anybody else print out a copy of the email and put it in the bubble mailer with their games?[/QUOTE]
Some of their instructions seem slightly vague, but I think the general idea is to get the games to them. However, I'm going to err on the side of caution and print one for every game I'm sending, just so there's no disputing what games they're receiving.

[quote name='J7.']Not sure how to ship 2 games together for under 13 ounces. WTF... I have a small box here and it weighs 16 ounces with the games without any padding or tape on it... someone please enlighten me.[/QUOTE]

That's a heavy box. Priority boxes (the large video mailer ones) with 2 games come in under 13 oz usually (though they only have to come in under 16 really). In fact, I just sent one off to Gazelle with 3 games in it on Friday (3 x TSM at $20 each, unfortunately :cry:) and it was still under a pound. Given Gazelle's 3 lb Parcel Post label, that was more than enough to cover priority at < 1 lb.

If you get a small poly bubble mailer (the plastic ones as opposed to the paper ones) they fit 2 games easily and it comes in under 13 oz. I've sent pretty much everything in that way.

Like these:
http://www.royalmailers.com/Poly-Mailers.html

The size #0 is what you want. I actually ordered 100 from RoyalMailers end of last year to use for trading/selling/etc and have just been using those for Dealtree. They have free shipping and it is pretty quick. The 20 pack is pretty pricey (makes each mailer 65 cents). If you can swing 100 (or even 250) they get pretty cheap, though. Of course, you'd have to have other uses for them besides trading games to Best Buy/Dealtree ;). I'd imagine they are good for Goozex and they work just fine for ebay sales too. You might as well get 100 for just $8 more than 20... There are other places, too, of course (probably some eBay sellers for example) but I can vouch for RoyalMailers.

[quote name='io']
The size #0 is what you want.[/QUOTE]

Size #0 will only fit 1 DVD/game, and it's a very tight fit at that. I would suggest Size #1, as it's far more versatile, especially if you're wanting to send 2 games at a time, e.g. to Dealtree.

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US//en_US/images/abn/2010/tg/cat/32663_Trade.pdf?h=387

^ Full list of 140 games eligible for trade in

I haven't taken a full look but check it out
32663_Trade.pdf

[quote name='Slappybob']Well don't I look like an A-hole :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

well that's uncalled for. I made a little mistake and its early. I've realized if you have an accident in posting alot of you CAG's can be an unpleasant bunch

The e-mail does say get a free $25 gift card, so you weren't wrong about that, OP. They make it seem like it's a bonus when it's not. Just "get a $25 gift card when you trade in one of the following games." The title of the e-mail IS Free $25 gift card when you trade in a game, though.

Lego Indiana Jones 2 is on the list for a $25 gift card, but is in store for $19.99.

I guess that's why they have "list subject to change", otherwise FREE MONIEZ!!!

Trade-In Games Values
Here's a list of games whose present trade-in value is $25
(through June 5, 2010; subject to change):
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation - Flightstick Bundle (Xbox 360)
Alan Wake (Xbox 360)
Army of Two: The 40th Day (PS3)
Army of Two: The 40th Day (Xbox 360)
Assassin's Creed II (PS3)
Assassin's Creed II (Xbox 360)
Band Hero - Band Kit Bundle (PS3)
Band Hero - Band Kit Bundle (Wii)
Band Hero - Band Kit Bundle (Xbox 360)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360)
Bayonetta (PS3)
Bayonetta (Xbox 360)
Beatles: Rock Band - Limited Edition Bundle (PS3)
Beatles: Rock Band - Limited Edition Bundle (Wii)
Beatles: Rock Band - Limited Edition Bundle (Xbox 360)
Blur (PS3)
Blur (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex (Wii)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Hardened Edition (PS3)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Hardened Edition (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Prestige Edition (PS3)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Prestige Edition (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: World at War - DVD Box Set (Xbox 360)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Ultimate Edition (PS3)
Dante's Inferno (PS3)
Dante's Inferno (Xbox 360)
Dead to Rights: Retribution (PS3)
Dead to Rights: Retribution (Xbox 360)
DiRT 2 (PS3)
DiRT 2 (Xbox 360)
DJ Hero - Turntable Bundle (PS3)
DJ Hero - Turntable Bundle (Wii)
DJ Hero - Turntable Bundle (Xbox 360)
DJ Hero Renegade Edition - Turntable Bundle (PS3)
DJ Hero Renegade Edition - Turntable Bundle (Wii)
DJ Hero Renegade Edition - Turntable Bundle (Xbox 360)
Dragon Age: Origins (PS3)
Dragon Age: Origins (Xbox 360)
Dragon Age: Origins - Collector's Edition (PS3)
Dragon Age: Origins - Collector's Edition (Xbox 360)
FIFA Soccer 10 (PS3)
FIFA Soccer 10 (Wii)
FIFA Soccer 10 (Xbox 360)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Wii)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii)
Forza Motorsport 3 (Xbox 360)
God of War III (PS3)
God of War III Ultimate Edition (PS3)
Guitar Hero 5 - Guitar Bundle (PS3)
Guitar Hero 5 - Guitar Bundle (Wii)
Guitar Hero 5 - Guitar Bundle (Xbox 360)
Guitar Hero World Tour - 2 Guitar Bundle (PS3)
Guitar Hero World Tour - 2 Guitar Bundle (Wii)
Guitar Hero World Tour - 2 Guitar Bundle (Xbox 360)
Guitar Hero World Tour - Complete Band (PS3)
Guitar Hero World Tour - Complete Band (Wii)
Guitar Hero World Tour - Complete Band (Xbox 360)
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade (Wii)
Heavy Rain (PS3)
How to Train Your Dragon (PS3)
How to Train Your Dragon (Wii)
How to Train Your Dragon (Xbox 360)
Just Cause 2 (PS3)
Just Cause 2 (Xbox 360)
Katamari Forever (PS3)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (PS3)
LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (Wii)
LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (Xbox 360)
Lost Planet 2 (PS3)
Lost Planet 2 (Xbox 360)
Madden NFL 10 (PS3)
Madden NFL 10 (Xbox 360)
MAG (PS3)
Major League Baseball 2K10 (PS3)
Major League Baseball 2K10 (Xbox 360)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii)
Mario Kart - Game Only (Wii)
Mario Kart with Wheel (Wii)
Mario Party 8 (Wii)
Mario Super Sluggers (Wii)
Metro 2033 (Xbox 360)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii)
MLB 10: The Show (PS3)
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (PS3)
NBA Live 10 (PS3)
NBA Live 10 (Xbox 360)
NCAA Basketball 10 (PS3)
NCAA Basketball 10 (Xbox 360)
NCAA Football 10 (PS3)
Need for Speed: Nitro (Wii)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
NHL 10 (PS3)
NHL 10 (Xbox 360)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3)
Pokemon: Battle Revolution (Wii)
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (PS3)
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Wii)
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Xbox 360)
Punch-Out!! (Wii)
Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360)
Red Steel 2 (Wii)
Shrek Forever After (PS3)
Shrek Forever After (Wii)
Shrek Forever After (Xbox 360)
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Wii)
Skate 3 (PS3)
Skate 3 (Xbox 360)
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie (Xbox 360)
Split/Second (PS3)
Split/Second (Xbox 360)
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International (PS3)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll (Wii)
Super Paper Mario (Wii)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (Wii)
Tekken 6 w/ Wireless Fight Stick (PS3)
Tekken 6 w/ Wireless Fight Stick (Xbox 360)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (Wii)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 - WiiMotion Bundle (Wii)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (Xbox 360)
Tony Hawk: RIDE - Skateboard Bundle (PS3)
Tony Hawk: RIDE - Skateboard Bundle (Wii)
Tony Hawk: RIDE - Skateboard Bundle (Xbox 360)
Toy Story Mania! (Wii)
UFC Undisputed 2010 (PS3)
UFC Undisputed 2010 (Xbox 360)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
Vancouver 2010: Winter Olympics (Xbox 360)
White Knight Chronicles (International Edition) (PS3)
Wii Fit with Balance Board (Wii)
Wii Sports Resort - WiiMotion Bundle (Wii)
Yakuza 3 (PS3)
Your Shape - Camera Bundle (Wii)

List subject to change. Prices valid until June 5, 2010. Please visit the Best Buy Trade-In Center for details and actual trade-in values.

Here's the list:

EDIT: Haha, never mind. I got ninja'd. :p

The best flips I'm seeing are Lego Indiana Jones 2, which is $18 for all systems at Gamestop's website WITHOUT coupon codes (down to ~$12 with 25DEAL + Edge- you may have to swap in-store for cover art/manual) and Toy Story Mania, which is $15 at BBV right now, and they've got a B1B1 50% off going on right now (so $22.50 for two copies).

[quote name='J7.']Not sure how to ship 2 games together for under 13 ounces. WTF... I have a small box here and it weighs 16 ounces with the games without any padding or tape on it... someone please enlighten me.[/QUOTE]

I just sent 2 games in a box. Weighed over a pound but the PO guy told me if it got flagged it would just come out of their account and not to worry about it.

tough choice cuz you can get 50 more #0's for only $3 more...but then again 100 might be overkill... idk how long this bestbuy tradein is gonna stay in business...lol

The strangest thing about this list is the inclusion of Assassin's Creed II and the exclusion of Borderlands and Fallout 3 GOTY.

They don't seem to have a firm grasp on the value of games.

[quote name='Slappybob']Well don't I look like an A-hole :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

SERIOUSLY? Is this really that serious an issue in your life that you have to be an asshole? Mistakes happen, learning curves happen. I am amazed by how people react OVER FORUM THREADS. I guess when you have nothing important in your life, this fills the void.

[quote name='HumpsMcLovin']The e-mail does say get a free $25 gift card, so you weren't wrong about that, OP. They make it seem like it's a bonus when it's not. Just "get a $25 gift card when you trade in one of the following games." The title of the e-mail IS Free $25 gift card when you trade in a game, though.[/QUOTE]

well thank you for that. I'm glad i didnt read that incorrectly. unless we're both wrong. I figured out of the 140 games, people would be able to do flips and make some sort of profit

[quote name='joeboosauce']SERIOUSLY? Is this really that serious an issue in your life that you have to be an asshole? Mistakes happen, learning curves happen. I am amazed by how people react OVER FORUM THREADS. I guess when you have nothing important in your life, this fills the void.[/QUOTE]

haha sorta blunt and maybe a lil harsh but i always get ragged on for the minor details. let it be from the title to an extra word. people should just be grateful

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Here's the list:

EDIT: Haha, never mind. I got ninja'd. :p

The best flips I'm seeing are Lego Indiana Jones 2, which is $18 for all systems at Gamestop's website WITHOUT coupon codes (down to ~$12 with 25DEAL + Edge) and Toy Story Mania, which is $15 at BBV right now, and they've got a B1B1 50% off going on right now (so $22.50 for two copies).[/QUOTE]

$18 is for a used copy, which doesnt guarantee you get the manual and case which are half the game's trade in value.

[quote name='joeboosauce']SERIOUSLY? Is this really that serious an issue in your life that you have to be an asshole? Mistakes happen, learning curves happen. I am amazed by how people react OVER FORUM THREADS. I guess when you have nothing important in your life, this fills the void.[/QUOTE]

This one flew right over your head. He was simply telling the OP to change the topic and the op did then wrote that to make him look funny. Its actually a tiny little bit of humor

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']$18 is for a used copy, which doesnt guarantee you get the manual and case which are half the game's trade in value.[/QUOTE]
I've never had a problem exchanging in-store for a complete copy, but I've heard some others have. So I guess it's YMMV.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I've never had a problem exchanging in-store for a complete copy, but I've heard some others have. So I guess it's YMMV.[/QUOTE]

True, I just said that because in the other thread people had trouble finding copies of the game at their local store. So I didn't want them getting screwed over by this when they could buy new for $2 more ya know?

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']True, I just said that because in the other thread people had trouble finding copies of the game at their local store. So I didn't want them getting screwed over by this when they could buy new for $2 more ya know?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I can understand that. I'll update my post just in case. ;) Thanks for the heads up!

I think there is no limit but dont quote me haha. Since it's kinda an online service and not a B&M i dont think they would mind having more then one

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I had the same question. I just put the manifest inside the envelope with the game and that's it. It says in the email I received from BB:

"You may want to print this email to use as a packing slip."

Did anybody else print out a copy of the email and put it in the bubble mailer with their games?[/QUOTE]
I also taped the manifest/checklist to the game cases so they have to remove the manifest and check it out before taking the games out of the box I sent them in.

Maybe that was overkill, but with so many trade-ins being processed at one place in a day I didn't want to take any chances that mine may get mixed in with another account. That is unless that account has like $2k worth of shit being verified and they send ME the check/payment instead of them.;)

Then I'm ok with a mixup.:D

I don't trust BB tradein at all. They took a couple of HD DVD players I had, told me I was going to get a high amount, but when they received them, they downlisted them and told me I was going to get a lot less. When I inquired as to the reason, they gave me some bs story about condition even though I had just been using the player up until the day I sent them in.

I won't trade in to BB unless I can watch the trade (in store). Sad this is mail only because they've got some decent deals on trade in, but I just don't trust them. Gl everyone.

I think videogame trade ins have been positive so far. I think hardware is a different story, but so far im 100% on my vidgame tiv's. crosses fingers :) im just wishn i would have waited a day for $25 more monkey ball money :) oh wells

Damn, ODST isn't on the list. I bought it only for the beta and I got a beta code the day after my 7-day return was up. I bought it for $35 too :bomb:

Pretty much all of my games or an that list, but there's no way in hell I'm trading in Red Dead for $25, the amount of cash they give for recent games is plain silly :roll:

Best deal on here is Assassin's Creed 2 probably, you can get it for around that price and you'd be able to make up for the cash you bought it for.

bread's done
Back