Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will trade-in 2 Toys Story Mania, Dirt 2, Motorstorm Pacific Drift, Super Monkey Ball for $125 GC. Total Spent $25 for Toys Story Mania, Dirt 2 & Motorstorm: PD for $21.XX and Super Monkey Ball for Free after $10 RZ GC :)

[quote name='worshipsf']Size #0 will only fit 1 DVD/game, and it's a very tight fit at that. I would suggest Size #1, as it's far more versatile, especially if you're wanting to send 2 games at a time, e.g. to Dealtree.[/QUOTE]

I bought a paper bubble mailer size #0 and as you said it could barely fit one game, but the plastic bubble mailer size #0 is a lot more flexible and it is capable of fitting 2 games... but just barely. I nearly ripped the plastic one when I was putting the two games in it.

On a related note, I've been buying bubble mailers from Target and they cost about $0.70-$0.90 for a single bubble mailer. Where is the cheapest place to buy them at?

[quote name='worshipsf']Size #0 will only fit 1 DVD/game, and it's a very tight fit at that. I would suggest Size #1, as it's far more versatile, especially if you're wanting to send 2 games at a time, e.g. to Dealtree.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I linked to the POLY mailers (plastic ones). As I said, I have been using those ones specifically and 2 games fit easily.

[quote name='ahwang826']where is everyone getting the lower than 13oz? is that ups policy because i dont see it in the email i received.[/QUOTE]

For ezTrade-In, at least, when you submit two games you get a 13 ounce first-class label. The reason they do that is that 13 ounces is the most you can use regular first-class mail for. Anything over that and it has to be priority mail (ie, there is no first class over 13 ounces) which is a big jump in price. So when you do 3 or more games they give you a Parcel Post label which is a much worse (slower, rougher handling) service.

[quote name='imjpwutup']lol well i'm sorry. it slipped my mind and my first thought was to share when i saw the email[/QUOTE]

Ignore them. Most of these posters are from the Gamestop defense force. They'll trash any deals, especially ones related to the trade of used games.

This is the best deal, but may be YMMV. Worked for me though.

RZ members can print a coupon for $20 off Monkey Ball Step and Roll. The game is currently "on sale" for 29.99 at BB. If the cashier accepts the coupon, the game will come out to 9.99! Trade in for $25 GC!

I bought the game at that price, I noticed a few prompts come on the computer but I guess the cashier bypassed them. So this deal my be YMMV.

Jesus Christ, 25 buck trade in for the AC6 flight stick bundle? I think the cheapest I've seen it for sale is 75 bucks in pretty bad condition. I've seen it go as high as $200. Are there only certain stores or states that sale games used?

[quote name='io']That's a heavy box. Priority boxes (the large video mailer ones) with 2 games come in under 13 oz usually (though they only have to come in under 16 really). In fact, I just sent one off to Gazelle with 3 games in it on Friday (3 x TSM at $20 each, unfortunately :cry:) and it was still under a pound. Given Gazelle's 3 lb Parcel Post label, that was more than enough to cover priority at < 1 lb.

If you get a small poly bubble mailer (the plastic ones as opposed to the paper ones) they fit 2 games easily and it comes in under 13 oz. I've sent pretty much everything in that way.

Like these:
http://www.royalmailers.com/Poly-Mailers.html

The size #0 is what you want. I actually ordered 100 from RoyalMailers end of last year to use for trading/selling/etc and have just been using those for Dealtree. They have free shipping and it is pretty quick. The 20 pack is pretty pricey (makes each mailer 65 cents). If you can swing 100 (or even 250) they get pretty cheap, though. Of course, you'd have to have other uses for them besides trading games to Best Buy/Dealtree ;). I'd imagine they are good for Goozex and they work just fine for ebay sales too. You might as well get 100 for just $8 more than 20... There are other places, too, of course (probably some eBay sellers for example) but I can vouch for RoyalMailers.[/QUOTE]

I've got 250 bubble mailers using Amazon credit for like 13-14 cents per mailer I think, but they're paper and barely fit 1 game. If worst comes to worse I guess I'll use one of those oversized bubble mailers that Gamestop uses that fits like 4 games or more. I wonder if I could just tape 2 small bubble mailers together. I've got another box here and it weighs 12.5 ounces with the games and some padding inside but not enough padding to my liking.

[quote name='ahwang826']where is everyone getting the lower than 13oz? is that ups policy because i dont see it in the email i received.[/QUOTE]

It's on your shipping label. That's for 2 games, 1 game is 7 ounces.

[quote name='joeboosauce']SERIOUSLY? Is this really that serious an issue in your life that you have to be an asshole? Mistakes happen, learning curves happen. I am amazed by how people react OVER FORUM THREADS. I guess when you have nothing important in your life, this fills the void.[/QUOTE]

is it just me, or is everyone reading SlappyBob's comment wrong?

I guess if you ordered SMG2 for $40 w/ $20 credit at gamestop and used that credit to get NSMB for $15 you could turn that into a BB giftcard.

This list is retarded. Why would anyone trade in something like Mario Kart Wii with the wheel if it fetches the same price w/o?

On the list it says everything is valued at $25. On the site, it says trade in any two games from the list for $25.

Also, do I HAVE to mail them or can I take them to a store?

Don't follow the other BB trade thread so i'm glad you posted this. $25 for Madden 10 is to good to pass up. I never play it and NCAA is just around the corner! :)

Managed to fit the games and enough packing and it's about 12.85 ounces :D Had to try 3 different types of packing to get under 13. Newspaper too much, bubble wrap too much, foam pieces did the job. Next time I will send everything as 1 per order and use bubble mailer. Funny, Dealtree gives you 13 ounces for 2 games and Gazelle gives you 1 lb for 1 game.

Without reading through 62 pages... Are you guys essentially talking about places to buy games for cheap and then selling them to a website for a profit?

[quote name='Moltres423']Without reading through 62 pages... Are you guys essentially talking about places to buy games for cheap and then selling them to a website for a profit?[/QUOTE]
Urge....to.....be....smartass....rising.....must....resist.....

No. We're talking about how to make a quilt.

#-o

In for three SMBs. Already got a quote for the Best Buy one, but haven't shipped them out. Anyone know if I can cancel the order from DT and do the eBay one instead?

I've got my bank account connected to my paypal, so I don't see why I can't transfer the paypal money to that and just get direct cash back to me.

[quote name='io']Which is why I linked to the POLY mailers (plastic ones). As I said, I have been using those ones specifically and 2 games fit easily.

For ezTrade-In, at least, when you submit two games you get a 13 ounce first-class label. The reason they do that is that 13 ounces is the most you can use regular first-class mail for. Anything over that and it has to be priority mail (ie, there is no first class over 13 ounces) which is a big jump in price. So when you do 3 or more games they give you a Parcel Post label which is a much worse (slower, rougher handling) service.[/QUOTE]
What are the pros of sending a package with a parcel post label?

[quote name='Moltres423']Without reading through 62 pages... Are you guys essentially talking about places to buy games for cheap and then selling them to a website for a profit?[/QUOTE]

Best buy has Super Monkey Ball something for $11 w/ a coupon found on reward zone, and people are sending that to best buy's trade-in site for a $25 best buy gift card. So, yes.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Thanks for the info. I sent a bunch of black cases, but the guts looked good. I hope they get approved.[/QUOTE]

So did everything go OK with the black cases? Also, what console games did you send?

I picked up some games from BBV today to send in, but they're in the BBV rental cases. I'm out of white Wii cases, but I can get black ones pretty cheap...

The only downside that everyone except myself is patient for, is that dealtree's paying you (at least, via paypal) is painfully slow. Although, if you've got the time to wait, kudos! ...that, and my bb was all outta smbs. lol, oh well :/

[quote name='worshipsf']So did everything go OK with the black cases? Also, what console games did you send?

I picked up some games from BBV today to send in, but they're in the BBV rental cases. I'm out of white Wii cases, but I can get black ones pretty cheap...[/QUOTE]

I wonder about this too?

[quote name='sadboy']What are the pros of sending a package with a parcel post label?[/QUOTE]

There are none except that you can make one big order and submit everything at once instead of having to print multiple labels/make multiple trips to the PO. But I like spreading the risk around anyway instead of sending it all in one box. I did do a Parcel Post shipment of 4 games the other day just to be different though.

[quote name='io']There are none except that you can make one big order and submit everything at once instead of having to print multiple labels/make multiple trips to the PO. But I like spreading the risk around anyway instead of sending it all in one box. I did do a Parcel Post shipment of 4 games the other day just to be different though.[/QUOTE]

Yea spread it around, I lost a big shipment of LBP GOTY due to USPS error, now I do two at a time.

Yes, and Parcel Post, because it takes a much longer route, has more of a chance of being lost or damaged along the way.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']SMB TIV just dropped to $8.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I guess that's a good sign though. So that they don't lose too much money and keep trading games. Get in fast. That's all.

nice. locked in an order of 3smb and 2smb when it was 25...now just to go find some if any are left this week in some obscure unhit bestbuy :)
oooh, n glad i locked in those 3 legoindy2's also. i love this lockin for 30 days feature. wootwoot
oh n i just put the games in the big blue mailbox drop off down the street. my usps store has been giving me trouble lately cuz i wait too long and they say they won't mail it with the incorrect date because they will be blamed for delaying the mail...so yeah, that or i shove it in my mailbox if it fits.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']

Best deal on here is Assassin's Creed 2 probably, you can get it for around that price and you'd be able to make up for the cash you bought it for.[/QUOTE]

I got AC2 for $30 using credit during Game Days, then traded it into BB for $30 since I had other stuff to play. I finally got another copy last week for $20 shipped (missing case and manual, though), and now they do this to me. Guess I'll get the $25 quote then play through it over the next 30 days before sending it in :p

[quote name='soonerdoc']SMB now back up to 49.99 on best buy site.[/QUOTE]

Well the good news with that is now you probably don't have to worry about having the cashier scan the coupon 3 times. :razz:

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I got AC2 for $30 using credit during Game Days, then traded it into BB for $30 since I had other stuff to play. I finally got another copy last week for $20 shipped (missing case and manual, though), and now they do this to me. Guess I'll get the $25 quote then play through it over the next 30 days before sending it in :p[/QUOTE]

Sorry, too late on that one.

damn forgot to lock in smb. now what am i going to do with all these smb's. anyone locked in extras? hah.

I actually had a trade locked into Gazelle for 10 SMB's at $20 but when SMB went to $25 at DT, I just submitted those ten, and slapped the DT label on and mailed them yesterday.

Also, I just had an ugly ugly thought. What are the chances BB sees who bought SMB and traded in SMBs via email and they decide to cancel memberships because of that. I get treated like royalty at BB and I would hate to be treated like a thief.

Too bad about lego indy. I was going to get in on that and didn't. I suck.

[quote name='Velo214']nice. locked in an order of 3smb and 2smb when it was 25...now just to go find some if any are left this week in some obscure unhit bestbuy :)
oooh, n glad i locked in those 3 legoindy2's also. i love this lockin for 30 days feature. wootwoot
oh n i just put the games in the big blue mailbox drop off down the street. my usps store has been giving me trouble lately cuz i wait too long and they say they won't mail it with the incorrect date because they will be blamed for delaying the mail...so yeah, that or i shove it in my mailbox if it fits.[/QUOTE]

Damn so that's what happens when you send these in late, your PO will get blamed for delaying the mail. I wonder if only a few days late is okay.

[quote name='hsp2099']Where do you drop the games off at? The U.S. Post Office or the UPS Store?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

USPS. They mostly deal in stuff other than games and use UPS so they default to that for what they tell you, but games goto different place and use USPS.

Thankfully I at least have a few guides & most of my dvd collection to dump off to amazon. I think I'll bank my credit there for awhile & see what happens w/ the 3DS @ E3 in a couple of weeks.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']SMB TIV just dropped to $8.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='major morgan']Lego Indy 2 dropped to $9 for all platforms as well[/QUOTE]

D'oh! I'm glad I locked in everything as soon as I picked it up. I even did a few spare Lego Indy's - now to see if I can actually find any (used, that is, as $20->$25 isn't really worth the hassle anyway).

I even did a TSM + Lego Indy combo just a few hours ago. I have the TSM (which is, actually, still $25) but not the Lego Indy.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Is it just me or are there no longer any $30 TIVs? Even Alan Wake is $25, as is GoW3[/QUOTE]

Yep, anything that was $30 dropped to $25 (or less) when the new promo started on May 29th or 30th.

As for the mailing dates on the labels, I hear people saying that (that the PO doesn't like sending things with old dates). Fortunately for me, the people at my PO don't care about that at all. Is it just that they don't like being "blamed" for late mail or is there actually some metric that effects their ranking/performance based on the original "mailing date" vs delivery date? If it is just the former (that they don't like people coming in later and complaining about the apparent transit time being long) that is pretty stupid - the people these things are going to aren't going to complain about it.

Edit: wow, there were more drops than just those two notable overpriced $25 ones (SMB and Lego Indy 2). E.g., Lego Rock Band for all three systems dropped down to a measily $7.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back