Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='carbontiger']anyone have their email addy?[/QUOTE]

Just click on the Support link on the left side of the page to contact them. You will get a confirmation email and , eventually, a response, though it will just be the same canned respose we've all gotten.

[quote name='io']We've been over this like 20 times. There was a "dead zone" of packages received May 28th-June 1st where NONE of them got verified. If anyone had any recieved then that were verified let us know but I haven't seen a credible report of any having been. Some people are saying their May 28th submissions were verified and paid, but I think they meant that was when they made the estimate. We are only talking about ones that ARRIVED at the processing center May 28-June 1st. I'm starting to think they had a bunch stolen or something. They aren't doing a damn thing about it either. It has nothing to do with the type of game or quantity or the new limit since this was all before that and one of the games in my 2-game package was one I had never sent before (or since).

I'm just glad that the other package I sent at the same time (May 25th) as my missing one was a rare (for me) 4-game Parcel Post package. That took a few days longer and got there on June 2nd, got verified on June 4th, and paid with the last big payment batch on June 8th. Meanwhile I and many others are still waiting for verification of stuff they got before that one.[/QUOTE]

I had a package arrive on the 28th and was verified, not yet paid. You know I'm a credible source.

[quote name='io']Just click on the Support link on the left side of the page to contact them. You will get a confirmation email and , eventually, a response, though it will just be the same canned respose we've all gotten.[/QUOTE]

*smacks forehead* durrrr...how did I miss that? Thanks
I know the response everyone is getting but I might as well make them aware of my problem as well. Maybe with enough nagging and emails they will address the issue, whether it be lost packages or it truly is due to "overwhelming' amount of trades. Hopefully we get a solution to this mess.

You probably were robbed :(

Does dealtree have an insurance so that if it goes missing on their end they still pay ya?

I'd hate to see you guys lose out like that.

[quote name='neiname']I had a package arrive on the 28th and was verified, not yet paid. You know I'm a credible source.[/QUOTE]

well, that's a positive sign, anyway. When did they verify it? Still, there is clearly something up with that time period because they should have paid you for that a long time ago (unless they just verified of course).

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']You probably were robbed :(

Does dealtree have an insurance so that if it goes missing on their end they still pay ya?

I'd hate to see you guys lose out like that.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they do... they may, for the sake of positive PR, pay out anyway. I doubt they will because of their change in the tone of the program. I feel like they've become quite hostile in their tone (various abuse emails could have been worded a bit friendlier. It's a lot like that Toys R Us email from the 10 off 30 fiasco.

These companies live and die based on how they treat their customers.

Seems like alot of you guys are going to get your coin and ditch these guys.

I just had a game I mailed in on the 10th get verified this morning, so that was a nice turnaround. They've been good with verification of everything I've sent in since the changes happened. If it wasn't for that dead zone (May 28 - June 1), I don't think too many people would be having problems with them right now.

I got payment today. EIGHT checkes for $20 each. WTF!?!?!? I thought you guys who got paid via check were kidding.

But at least I finally got paid. Now I just have to find a Bank Of America branch by me to cash them before depositing the money into my account at my own bank.

Which submissions were those for IATCG? I can't believe they would fill out eight different checks for the same submission. Then again, it's also a pain in the ass to receive 20+ individual emails at a time for verification, paypal payments, etc.

[quote name='confoosious']how is it IATTCG gets 8 checks and I'm still waiting for paypal?

This company needs to go the way of circuit city.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's why I asked. These may be checks from really old submissions (before June).

[quote name='dyeknom']Which submissions were those for IATCG? I can't believe they would fill out eight different checks for the same submission. Then again, it's also a pain in the ass to receive 20+ individual emails at a time for verification, paypal payments, etc.[/QUOTE]
I sent these out on the 28th, though three of them were estimates from the 26th. The other estimate was from the 28th(3 SMB, MAG, Afrika). Both packages were received on June 2nd, verified on June 5th and payment was apparently sent on June 14th(postmark date on the envelopes).

These payments included six copies of Super Monkey Ball(in two seperate trade estimates), one copy of MAG for PS3 and one copy of Afrika for the PS3.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I got payment today. EIGHT checkes for $20 each. WTF!?!?!? I thought you guys who got paid via check were kidding.

But at least I finally got paid. Now I just have to find a Bank Of America branch by me to cash them before depositing the money into my account at my own bank.[/QUOTE]

Don't banks charge $5 per check to cash checks when you don't have an account there?

That actually isn't too bad of a turn around on stuff received (most likely) the beginning of June.

I know they have stuff that goes to different places, but why don't they consolidate their email system like gazelle?
[quote name='shoe478']Don't banks charge $5 per check to cash checks when you don't have an account there?[/QUOTE]
Some banks, yes. Chase bank charges up to 6-8 per check, even if it's FROM their bank. Most banks, however, do not charge if the checks are from that particular bank.

Did you know that gamersfactory, the same company that processes Best Buy and Gazelle orders ALSO has a trade-in website? They, however, only give a partial shipping reimbursement. http://www.gamersfactory.com/trading/

[quote name='shoe478']Don't banks charge $5 per check to cash checks when you don't have an account there?[/QUOTE]

Also, why do you have to go to Bank of AMerica to cash them? Shouldn't your bank cash them? Unless by "bank", he means the shoebox underneath his mattress -- which explains why he has no online banking.

[quote name='confoosious']Also, why do you have to go to Bank of AMerica to cash them? Shouldn't your bank cash them? Unless by "bank", he means the shoebox underneath his mattress -- which explains why he has no online banking.[/QUOTE]

He's probably doing that as a precaution and the checks are most likely from that bank. Sometimes companies put a stop-payment on them before they process should they tank and it the actual amount of each check would be removed from his personal account (causing overdrafts/return check fees)..

I was always under the assumption that if a check is drawn from an account at said bank, then they will cash it without a hassle. But it's been a while since I had to try and cash a check and not just deposit it.
[quote name='confoosious']Also, why do you have to go to Bank of AMerica to cash them? Shouldn't your bank cash them? Unless by "bank", he means the shoebox underneath his mattress -- which explains why he has no online banking.[/QUOTE]
Like I think I said prior. My bank started charging to access the online banking via their website, so I told them to stick it. I'm a cheapass, after all. I'm not gonna pay for a service I'll barely use.
[quote name='dyeknom']He's probably doing that as a precaution and the checks are most likely from that bank. Sometimes companies put a stop-payment on them before they process should they tank and it the actual amount of each check would be removed from his personal account (causing overdrafts/return check fees)..[/QUOTE]
Precisely why I plan on trying to cash them at the BOA branch in our downtown before depositing the money into my own account at my bank.

Calling doesn't help you at all. They'll just tell you the same thing as the emails, to call back within one week. "We are a busy site".

Still waiting on 6 SMB that was rec'd on 6/1 (the "dead" period). 3 SMB rec'd on the 4th & Uncharted 2 rec'd on the 12th have been verified & paid.

I've emailed once and got the canned 2-5 business day response. You can bet they won't see anymore stuff from me. I'll stick to Amazon for trades. It's like cash since I buy a lot of stuff w/prime.

Edit: I spoke too soon, didn't verify the date on U2. It was rec'd on 6/15 and hasn't been paid yet but has been verified. These are all on the eBay trade site for PayPal.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Precisely why I plan on trying to cash them at the BOA branch in our downtown before depositing the money into my own account at my bank.[/QUOTE]

Believe me, I know it only takes one time of it happening for you to never want to have it happen again. I cashed a business check from a business at my bank(legit business, still operating today)... come to find out they "ACCIDENTALLY" got me a check from their first account which was supposed to be closed (they were moving banks). It caused my account to overdraft and charged some fees. Then, of all things, I was told my that business owner "I'm not responsible for the overdraft."

[quote name='dyeknom']Believe me, I know it only takes one time of it happening for you to never want to have it happen again. I cashed a business check from a business at my bank(legit business, still operating today)... come to find out they "ACCIDENTALLY" got me a check from their first account which was supposed to be closed (they were moving banks). It caused my account to overdraft and charged some fees. Then, of all things, I was told my that business owner "I'm not responsible for the overdraft."[/QUOTE]
I had something similar occur with a couple of checks from a business I did some work for about two years ago. I deposited the checks since they were issued from BOA or some other large bank and they came back as insufficient funds and I got nailed with 2 $20 charges for the checks.

That's why I plan on at least going to the BOA branch in our downtown to determine whether or not DealTree/EZTradein's accounts have enough to cover the checks before I go cashing/depositing them.

[quote name='sdcranford']
I've emailed once and got the canned 2-5 business day response. You can bet they won't see anymore stuff from me. I'll stick to Amazon for trades. It's like cash since I buy a lot of stuff w/prime.[/QUOTE]

Did you get a PayPal payment via the EZTrade-In site on the 12th? If so, that's the first I've heard of any payments since the 8th. I had a lot of verifications on the 10th that should have been paid then if others got paid on the 12th. We'll see - I'll feel a little better about my lost "dead zone" package if the other, later ones, that have been verified get paid here soon.

[quote name='io']Did you get a PayPal payment via the EZTrade-In site on the 12th? If so, that's the first I've heard of any payments since the 8th. I had a lot of verifications on the 10th that should have been paid then if others got paid on the 12th. We'll see - I'll feel a little better about my lost "dead zone" package if the other, later ones, that have been verified get paid here soon.[/QUOTE]

Actually I spoke too soon. U2 was rec'd on 6/15, has been verified but hasn't been paid yet.

[quote name='dyeknom']

Some banks, yes. Chase bank charges up to 6-8 per check, even if it's FROM their bank. Most banks, however, do not charge if the checks are from that particular bank.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the first time it happened to me was at a BB&T (Local Bank). My mom had given me a check from BB&T so I went to cash it there and they were like, "$5 buster". So then I'm like, "Really?" Then they say you can open an account and they will wave the fee. I'm thinking why do I want to have a bank that will charge people when they try to cash my checks? I'll have some people pissed off at me!

I mean damn, what if the check is $5, do we just call it even?

LMAO I just realized one of the case/artwork/manuals I bought from HWV when I bought all of their cases the other day is for Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll.

Now I just need to start selling some of these damn things to break even at least.:cry:

[quote name='confoosious']Don't worry Dealtree. You won't be busy much longer.[/QUOTE]

Busy opening up cases and cases of Super Monkey Ball. How long has Dealtree been around taking in Video Games? Were there any problems before the Memorial Day Weekend?

I know people have been contacting the site about their trade-ins and have been getting the "we're busy" response, but I'm just wondering myself if I should be doing something.

I sent 3x Imagine Family Doctor (estimate date: 5/19, received: 5/28) and another order of 3 360 games (estimate: 5/25, received 06/01) and have not gotten any verified e-mails or anything like that; only reminders to ship. However, the tracking numbers say they've been delivered a looong time ago.

Normally I'd just wait it out, but the SMB Step and Roll I sent ~ 1 week ago just got verified. Now I'm wondering if I should be calling/e-mailing somebody about this.

Seems like they actually have people watching the trade-values they put up now. Yesterday, blur was going for 32 bucks. I guess they saw all of the threads relating to the $20 coupon because they lowered it to $5 this morning. Now if they were only that fast in getting me my monies.

[quote name='BrownCracker']Seems like they actually have people watching the trade-values they put up now. Yesterday, blur was going for 32 bucks. I guess they saw all of the threads relating to the $20 coupon because they lowered it to $5 this morning. Now if they were only that fast in getting me my monies.[/QUOTE]
(reports to them in secret)

I got the same "We're busy" bullshit. My three games got there June 1st....it's June 18th....

Why even bother having a service like this if you can't handle it? It's ridiculous.

And all they need to do is send me PayPal, they don't even need to bother with checks or gift cards. Just send me the damn money....

[quote name='the_punisher']I got the same "We're busy" bullshit. My three games got there June 1st....it's June 18th....

Why even bother having a service like this if you can't handle it? It's ridiculous.

And all they need to do is send me PayPal, they don't even need to bother with checks or gift cards. Just send me the damn money....[/QUOTE]

they owe me > $300.

I am starting to hate these fuckers.

[quote name='lolwut?']I know people have been contacting the site about their trade-ins and have been getting the "we're busy" response, but I'm just wondering myself if I should be doing something.

I sent 3x Imagine Family Doctor (estimate date: 5/19, received: 5/28) and another order of 3 360 games (estimate: 5/25, received 06/01) and have not gotten any verified e-mails or anything like that; only reminders to ship. However, the tracking numbers say they've been delivered a looong time ago.

Normally I'd just wait it out, but the SMB Step and Roll I sent ~ 1 week ago just got verified. Now I'm wondering if I should be calling/e-mailing somebody about this.[/QUOTE]
You need to call/email now.

[quote name='confoosious']they owe me > $300.

I am starting to hate these fuckers.[/QUOTE]

They owe me 1250. Needless to say, I'm getting impatient.

Wow, seeing how much money just the last few posts are waiting on...I wouldn't be surprised if they had a cash flow issue and are "busy" waiting to get cash in to pay us! Lets hope they didnt get bankrupted over this! HA

Probably temporary, but right now the site doesnt exist for me. I click the link for their site, and a blank page shows up. I bought insurance through the usps. I assume that I can claim it if these guys are out of business and never pay?

bread's done
Back