BestBuy.com - Free "Pong" t-shirt w/ purchase of select Atari game (as low as $4.99)

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Bestbuy.com has a deal where you can get a fairly sweet "pong" t-shirt with purchase of select Atari games.

The shirt:

7506291.jpg

Qualifying game items/titles:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat82000050000

$4.99 Game:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6885962&type=product&id=1095432952040
(Thanks Sway)

The fine print:

Follow these steps:

1. Choose your qualifying Atari game or product and add it to your cart.
  2. Select the "Free T-Shirt Offer" link in your cart to return to this page.
  3. Click on the "Select" button next to the T-shirt below.
  4. Select the "Add Items To Cart" button.
Important note: Both the Atari game or product and the T-shirt must be in your cart to qualify for this offer. Savings will be reflected in your cart.

onlineonlyoffer_oneline_mm.gif

See full details.

I'd probobly buy something to get the shirt if i knew they wern't going to be all Dresses to me.

"Size: One size fits most" - wth is up with that.

just order the $4.99 Duel Masters with the T-Shirt, and it works ! Thx:applause:

you can pick up the game in store, but the T-Shirt has to be shipped.

[quote name='Seito']just order the $4.99 Duel Masters with the T-Shirt, and it works ! Thx:applause:

you can pick up the game in store, but the T-Shirt has to be shipped.[/QUOTE]

So If do store pickup, they will still send me the tshirt through mail?

[quote name='ryosnk']So If do store pickup, they will still send me the tshirt through mail?[/QUOTE]

Looks like they'll charge you $1.99 to ship the shirt.

Play an action-packed game based on the Cartoon Network series. Gather your most powerful cards to build the best fighting deck before you enter the Battle Zone. Develop the ultimate strategy to defeat your opponents.

Enter into a game world where mythical battles are waged between wild beings. Develop your game strategies to call upon powerful creatures to battle against your enemies. Cast spells and see the results on your opponents. Experience all the action and adventure of Duel Masters.

I don't think this is worth the $5, even when you include the t-shirt.

game is very very bad... its a water down magic the gathering game.. so if you hate magic you will hate this.... and its even worse them magic

Your attackers Cant block and your blockers cant attack

Meaning if in your first draw you get

5 major attackers with say 4,000 attack

other person gets 3 attackers and 2 blockers

99.9 % chance you will lose since you have no blockers

Curious. Could you do instore pickup, wait the full eight days until it gets cancelled and get the T-shirt for free still? Or will Best Buy charge 39.99 dollars on your credit card retroactively?

[quote name='SOSTrooper']It's probably a Large... too bad I wear medium.[/QUOTE]

Same. Though even a small is usually better for me for T-shirts. Large is usually like a dress on me. Though they make good night shirts.

Backordered for me too. I'll send them the game back if they fail to come through. Best Buy Online sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls.

My friend got those shirt at E3.. it was a small. But since it says "one size" that must mean like XL.

I got it - it's an XL. The "one size fits most" is a lie. I don't know whose - Atari's or Best Buy's.

The game comes with a booster pack of 10 cards, which probably sells for $2-$3 normally (or used to - is this game still active?).

I'm not sure what to do about the shirt now. It's opened, but too large for me. Anybody want to trade anything for it? an interesting (new!) L t-shirt, or anything else.

P.S. The pick-up customer service girl (who wasn't really very pickupable) was pretty sure that if I hadn't picked the game up I would still have to pay for it. I'm almost sure the order would have been cancelled. Who's right?

[quote name='Megalith']Who would even wear that.[/QUOTE]

The same kind of people that would use a question mark after a question.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i'm 6ft1 180 lbs and can normally only fit in XXL[/QUOTE]You've got to be joking... I'm 6' 3" 180 lbs and I wear a L with no problem....

[quote name='eldad9']P.S. The pick-up customer service girl (who wasn't really very pickupable) was pretty sure that if I hadn't picked the game up I would still have to pay for it. I'm almost sure the order would have been cancelled. Who's right?[/QUOTE]
When I went to pick-up my game from this deal, the customer service lady tried to give me a PS2 - for $4.99. She had read "PS2 - Duel Masters" as "PS2". I really had to think long and hard about whether or not I should accept it as their mistake, or do the right thing and tell them I had only bought a game. I was honest and told them that I was only supposed to be getting a game.

She also did not know what would have happened had I not picked up the game. However, now that I have picked up the game -AND- received my shirt in the mail, what happens if I simply return the unopened game to BestBuy with my receipt? Will they ask for the shirt back?

[quote name='eye_cue']When I went to pick-up my game from this deal, the customer service lady tried to give me a PS2 - for $4.99. She had read "PS2 - Duel Masters" as "PS2". I really had to think long and hard about whether or not I should accept it as their mistake, or do the right thing and tell them I had only bought a game. I was honest and told them that I was only supposed to be getting a game.

She also did not know what would have happened had I not picked up the game. However, now that I have picked up the game -AND- received my shirt in the mail, what happens if I simply return the unopened game to BestBuy with my receipt? Will they ask for the shirt back?[/QUOTE]

They are supposed to ask for it back, yes. I tried returning a game once that had a penny guide on the same receipt and they almost wouldn't take it because it looked like a promo price. I had to prove that the penny guide was a penny no matter what.

check the order page. has it shipped? has it been cancelled?

It's likely that the two items are sent separately. I couldn't tell you, since I went for in-store pickup.

bread's done
Back