BestBuy.com - LA Noire (PS3/360) & $20 GC = $59.99 (Online Only)

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
For anyone who has missed out on previous deals Best Buy just increased their LA Noire promotion from $59.99 with a $15GC to $59.99 with a $20GC.

This also comes with the sharpshooter suit

If you don't want to wait choose in-store pick up. The gift card will be mailed regardless.

I'm going to try to call customer service and see if they'll comp me for the purchases I made earlier where I only got a $5 gift card... It's worth a try I guess

See the deal HERE

[quote name='giantqtipz']Only 20? 20 seems to be so trendy now. Retailers gotta step it UP, and offer like 30 or sumthing.

Dont mind me I just woke up :D[/QUOTE]

It's okay... BB seems to be doing things backwards this week. They started offering $10 in store then went to $15 online and now they've bumped the online to $20 although I'm assuming in store is still just $10.

I'm not sure how the .com aspect works but I'd have to think they'd be willing to match orders placed earlier in the week.

I was reading their price match policy and it seems that if you ordered the game you would get the $5. The part that sucks is that you have to call them, there seems to be no online contact...makes me wonder if it would be worth the hassle

Problem is that if you preordered you also got 500 RZ points with the $15 card. If you return and repurchase, I can see them canceling the preorder points while giving you a $5 card, giving you a net of $5 than what you had before.

Clever, BB, very very clever!

[quote name='mikeda']Problem is that if you preordered you also got 500 RZ points with the $15 card. If you return and repurchase, I can see them canceling the preorder points while giving you a $5 card, giving you a net of $5 than what you had before.

Clever, BB, very very clever![/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to do a return rebuy; I'm just going to call and ask they send me out a $5 gift card.

If they start talking about have to return or cancel the order and place a new one retroactively I'll jsut refuse and cut my losses

I tried to buy this online, but they won't take my shopkick certificate. Damn. And the store won't match this online offer... So I ended going to K for their deal.

How long do the gift cards take to mail? Is it 3-5 days like an order, or 1-2 weeks like a rewards gc?

I want to use the $20 on Portal 2 while on sale ($40) next week...

[quote name='funkflexmctough']How long do the gift cards take to mail? Is it 3-5 days like an order, or 1-2 weeks like a rewards gc?

I want to use the $20 on Portal 2 while on sale ($40) next week...[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered Mortal Kombat on the Monday before release. The gift card arrived either Friday or Saturday.

Seems like you could get this deal in-store as well, as long as you bring in a print-out. BB stores match BB.com prices, and they match other stores' gift card deals, so I see no reason why they wouldn't match a gift card deal from BB.com.

[quote name='teh_minus']If you try to pm this deal in store won't bb just sell you the game at $39.xx?[/QUOTE]

No. Since they have a $10 gift card in-store, they'd increase the gift card to $20 for a PM.

Question for you guys.. I bought this game this past Tuesday at BB in store and I tried to get them to price match Toys R' Us's deal for the 15$ GC but the guy told me they don't price match gift cards which was weird. I ended up just getting the 10$ GC and was told the 15$ one was online only. Did I get screwed out of 5$? Is BB supposed to match their own BB.com gift card deals?

Furthermore, would there be anything I could do about it now? It hasn't even been a full week and I have all receipts and everything. Would I be able to bump up my GC to 20$ somehow?

[quote name='IronZombie']Question for you guys.. I bought this game this past Tuesday at BB in store and I tried to get them to price match Toys R' Us's deal for the 15$ GC but the guy told me they don't price match gift cards which was weird. I ended up just getting the 10$ GC and was told the 15$ one was online only. Did I get screwed out of 5$? Is BB supposed to match their own BB.com gift card deals?

Furthermore, would there be anything I could do about it now? It hasn't even been a full week and I have all receipts and everything. Would I be able to bump up my GC to 20$ somehow?[/QUOTE]

They were wrong.

From BB.com...

"How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?

The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer."

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050013.c?id=pcmcat204400050013

So they should have matched TRU. I suppose if you pre-ordered and they are aware of the bonus RZ points you got, they might be able to deny it on those grounds, but they definitely match gift card offers.

Given that, I see absolutely no reason why they wouldn't match BB.com. It doesn't make any sense for them to match competitors but not match their own deals.

They have a 30-day price match guarantee, so they should match it. The iffy thing would be if you got the pre-order bonus. If they did a return and rebuy instead of a price adjustment (not sure how they do it), that may cancel out your pre-order bonus, but at worst, you'd simply be getting an extra $10 gift card to replace the $10 in RZ points, and even then, technically, the points were for pre-ordering, which you did, so you could call up customer support about that. I've even had CS credit me the equivalent of a pre-order bonus, because I was unable to pre-order in store, and that was before I even bought the game the credit was supposed to come with.

EDIT: Missed that it was online only. They should still have honored the TRU deal though. I tried to match Kmart back when they had it for $39.99 but they said they didn't match them. CS told me the could, so I went back after the Kmart deal had expired and they sold me the game for that price. If you still have a printout or flyer or whatever showing the deal from TRU, you might have some luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone called up to get their pre-order adjusted? I ordered online (in-store pick up) so they should honor it.

just got credited back. took about 5 minutes

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jiggyteddy']This clearly says online only, so my store didn't match.[/QUOTE]
My store did. Although it looks like they did a return/rebuy to do it, ugh. I guess I'll have to call the RZ phone number to get my 500 bonus points back. :roll:

[quote name='MrBeatdown']They were wrong.

From BB.com...

"How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?

The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer."

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050013.c?id=pcmcat204400050013

So they should have matched TRU. I suppose if you pre-ordered and they are aware of the bonus RZ points you got, they might be able to deny it on those grounds, but they definitely match gift card offers.

Given that, I see absolutely no reason why they wouldn't match BB.com. It doesn't make any sense for them to match competitors but not match their own deals.

They have a 30-day price match guarantee, so they should match it. The iffy thing would be if you got the pre-order bonus. If they did a return and rebuy instead of a price adjustment (not sure how they do it), that may cancel out your pre-order bonus, but at worst, you'd simply be getting an extra $10 gift card to replace the $10 in RZ points, and even then, technically, the points were for pre-ordering, which you did, so you could call up customer support about that. I've even had CS credit me the equivalent of a pre-order bonus, because I was unable to pre-order in store, and that was before I even bought the game the credit was supposed to come with.

EDIT: Missed that it was online only. They should still have honored the TRU deal though. I tried to match Kmart back when they had it for $39.99 but they said they didn't match them. CS told me the could, so I went back after the Kmart deal had expired and they sold me the game for that price. If you still have a printout or flyer or whatever showing the deal from TRU, you might have some luck.[/QUOTE]

Thing is though, I was living in a different country prior to buying the game so I never pre-ordered and didn't receive any RZ points. My copy did have the sharpshooter suit bonus but I didn't ask for it. I'm not worried if they resell it to me but I'll admit I've never done this before so I'm not really sure how to go about getting the price match. I have the printout of TRU's ad but it'd be great if I could match Kmart's price.. is it still available?

[quote name='IronZombie']Thing is though, I was living in a different country prior to buying the game so I never pre-ordered and didn't receive any RZ points. My copy did have the sharpshooter suit bonus but I didn't ask for it. I'm not worried if they resell it to me but I'll admit I've never done this before so I'm not really sure how to go about getting the price match. I have the printout of TRU's ad but it'd be great if I could match Kmart's price.. is it still available?[/QUOTE]

Whoops, I meant Crysis 2 was $39.99, not LA Noire. Not sure how I left that out :drool:. But they screwed up and told me they wouldn't honor Kmart, so they corrected it later oneven after the deal was expired.

If you have the printout, I would explain the situation to them and try getting the difference back, since not matching it was their error. I'd probably bring in a copy of their price match policy as well just to point to in case they argue.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Whoops, I meant Crysis 2 was $39.99, not LA Noire. Not sure how I left that out :drool:. But they screwed up and told me they wouldn't honor Kmart, so they corrected it later oneven after the deal was expired.

If you have the printout, I would explain the situation to them and try getting the difference back, since not matching it was their error. I'd probably bring in a copy of their price match policy as well just to point to in case they argue.[/QUOTE]

I suppose I could try finding the ad now. I did buy the game on day 1 so the Kmart deal should've been active at the time. I'll probably look like such a cheap ass gamer going back to the store for 5-10$ lol but I honestly feel like I got screwed over when the guy flat out told me they don't price match other stores' gift cards. Now that I look at their policy, they clearly didn't train that guy well enough.

Also, I was thinking of something else.. when I bought the game I opened up an RZ awards account since I didn't have one. Obviously I didn't get offered the 500 points since I didn't pre-order, but I didn't get any points for the purchase I made either, and I didn't get any sign up bonus. I'm guessing if they did a resell on the game for the extra 5-10$ gc, they might actually give me some RZ points to get started as well. Seems like I'd win out by going over there and complaining.

Went to Best Buy with 3 games, traded them for $68 in credit. While there, using my iPhone, I ordered LA Noire online with the credit, then chose in-store pick-up. About 10 minutes later (for store to receive notification), I walked out with the game.
Worked out pretty well!

bread's done
Back