Bestbuy.com Order Problem

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Hey CAG's,

I have a little problem with the item I ordered. I bought a computer software program from BB.com and when I ordered it, the item said it was backordered, so i thought whatever, I'm in no rush to get it. So I checked the estimated arrival date so I know at least when to expect it, and the date said 10/25-05 - 11/5/05, so I really didn't care. But now it's getting close to 11/5, and that is the ARRIVAL date and the item is still backordered, so even if they get it in stock in the next couple days I won't get it until way past then, next week at the earliest.

So I know some or most of you CAG's have ordered from BB.com and I was wondering what I should do? Should I call customer service now, or wait till after 11/5? If I call them, what should I expect to know and how would be the best way to deal with it? I still do want the item, but it's erratating enough I already have a problem with some company on eBay so this isn't helping. Any ideas?

What did you order? Sounds like you bought something that is no longer in print to me. My copy of Samurai Champloo Vol 1 w/ artbox is still on backorder with bb.com. I know that it will never come though since its no longer in production.

Yeah bb will give you a back order date, that day will come, and then they'll just give you another arbitrary date, best thing you can do is just cancel. Ive done it before, just save yourself the headache

[quote name='rodeojones903']What did you order? Sounds like you bought something that is no longer in print to me. My copy of Samurai Champloo Vol 1 w/ artbox is still on backorder with bb.com. I know that it will never come though since its no longer in production.[/QUOTE]

Nothing big at all, just a Movie Shop program. I'll probably end up calling them Monday to see what they can do.

My experience with Best Buy Backorders is just to let them expire if they don't get it to you by the first estimated date. Usually they give themselves a 2 week window for the backordered item. If they can't fill the order in the timeframe they send you a email saying you can let it expire or keep the item backordered. If they couldn't get it back in stock in 2 weeks most likely they are no longer carrying the item. I have had 3 backordered items in the past and its not worth the headache unless its a sale item. Just order it from somewhere else....

[quote name='.JPG']So have you or anyone called the customer service about it?[/QUOTE]

I did and the put me on backorder status for 3 months...Two days later I got an email telling me my order was cancelled because the item was no longer available.

i would call up and keep getting new dates since some people on other sites said they got the Ys and Glowlancer from the BB deal 45-50 days after they got the first backorder

Best Buy shorted me items once and it was a fiasco getting them to correct it. I avaoid bestbuy.com at all costs

bread's done
Back