BestBuy.com ships wrong items - any experience?

Pookymeister

Staff member
Feedback
736 (100%)
I ordered Excel Saga from Best Buy and got Greg's Anatomy Seasons 1 and 2, and Cat in the Hat instead.

Anyone know what their policy is on this? I.e. will i have to send these back before they ship my intended items, do i get to keep them as their blunder, etc etc.

As most of us probably know, BB.com's support sucks ass - im still waiting for them to credit me for another one of their mistakes - "We will forward this to the department in charge of this - please wait 10-15 business days for a response" *THICK INDIAN ACCENT*

[quote name='Pookymeister']I ordered Excel Saga from Best Buy and got Greg's Anatomy Seasons 1 and 2, and Cat in the Hat instead.

Anyone know what their policy is on this? I.e. will i have to send these back before they ship my intended items, do i get to keep them as their blunder, etc etc.

As most of us probably know, BB.com's support sucks ass - im still waiting for them to credit me for another one of their mistakes - "We will forward this to the department in charge of this - please wait 10-15 business days for a response" *THICK INDIAN ACCENT*[/quote]

I was on the phone with BestBuy.com for the third time to get my 500 points from the website promotion back in October. I finally got my 500 pts today because they apparently have an extensive case notes history for me. :D It took "Nachi" 10 minutes to go through my notes, and the comment on myrewardzone.com was "Customer Service". Awesome.

Excel Saga...or GA 1 & 2 and Cat in the Hat. Very similar shipments, eh.

Your best bet is to call. I think the little shipment card has a return option for "wrong item shipped" or along those lines. As long as you didn't open them, you should not have any problems. They've been 100% accurate with my shipments so far - knock on wood.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I ordered Excel Saga from Best Buy and got Greg's Anatomy Seasons 1 and 2, and Cat in the Hat instead.

As most of us probably know, BB.com's support sucks ass - im still waiting for them to credit me for another one of their mistakes - "We will forward this to the department in charge of this - please wait 10-15 business days for a response" *THICK INDIAN ACCENT*[/quote]

Sell on ebay and use that money to purchase originally ordered set. You could possibly get twice what you paid for the order nevermind the moral and ethical implications of doing so :)

[quote name='michaema']Sell on ebay and use that money to purchase originally ordered set. You could possibly get twice what you paid for the order nevermind the moral and ethical implications of doing so :)[/QUOTE]

Hell yea... I'll give you $30 for both Grey's Anatomy seasons ;)

But yea, the above poster is right, Best Buy fucked up but they gave you stuff worth alot more than Excel Saga (isn't that only the $17.99 anime set?).

What is on the receipt, Excel Saga or GA? I say return it to them without a receipt. Then use the Gift card to buy excel saga.

Excel Saga was on the receipt - I actually bought 2 of them. Dunno if i could do the return without receipt deal because they don't have BB stickers on them so id have to say they were from online - then who knows if they can search by credit card used at that point....hmmm.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Excel Saga was on the receipt - I actually bought 2 of them. Dunno if i could do the return without receipt deal because they don't have BB stickers on them so id have to say they were from online - then who knows if they can search by credit card used at that point....hmmm.[/QUOTE]

Sell them to meeeeeeeeeee.

So i called and they said they would reship the Excel to me. If i don't want to be charged for it, i have to send GA and CitH back. Assholes wouldn't even upgrade shipping so itll be media mail again.
To top it off, they only reordered 1 copy.

Now i just might keep the things, maybe just return cat in the hat(wonder if they would even know that GA was supposed to be part of it?). Is GA any good?

Grey's Anatomy is awesome, and Season 2 is a $50 dvd set. You're definitely getting the better end of the bargain here.

[quote name='Roufuss']Grey's Anatomy is awesome, and Season 2 is a $50 dvd set. You're definitely getting the better end of the bargain here.[/quote]

$50 from BB, $35 from DDD ;)
Problem is, I have such a backlog of Tv stuff because of DDD, Amazon, DVdPlanet, buy.com......that by the time i get to them they might just be less than the $42 i paid for excel :cool:

Bestbuy shipped me a DVD set when I ordered a CD once... I had no clue what the DVD was so I just returned it... turned out to be worth much more than the CD I had originally ordered so I should just kept it...

I then had to reorder the CD which I did but by that time they had ran out of the special edition...

Sounds like Best Buy's online issues are just as messed up as ever. This sounds almost as bad as people losing their Best Buy Bucks if your order gets cancelled for any reason (such as the item going out of stock and not getting re-stocked)

I'll pay $25 for Season 2. And seriously, just watch the first two episodes of GA and try not to get hooked.

bread's done
Back