BestBuy.com - True Grit (2011 combo pack) + True Grit (1969 original) $22.99+tax

The pic at the top showing the promotion lists "BD + DVD + DC" in the image for True Grit, though the image on the item listing doesn't show the combo pack.

Since BB has a 1-disc movie-only version of a number of recent titles, I'm assuming this one is like it. Walmart doesn't have a 1-disc version, though they don't always have one.

EDIT: Looking very close on the image, you can see the faint "Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital Copy" at the top of the image. Looks like it's worth putting in an order and see what happens.

Put in an order. We'll see what I get in a few weeks.

$13 for the 2010 True Grit, and $9.99 for the original. Knocked $5 off each item.

Nice. I just got a $5 RZ certificate too, which made the deal even better. :D

Though seriously, what the hell is up with having to enter the RZ certificate information manually to use one online? Come on, Best Buy, get with 2011 already.

[quote name='shrike4242']Put in an order. We'll see what I get in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

I ordered for in-store pickup, and apparently I'll be able to pick up the 2010 version of True Grit today (or, well, this weekend -- won't have time to stop today). So I should be able to report whether it's the combo pack once I get it. I don't think I remember seeing a non-combo pack version there, though.

[quote name='arcane93']Nice. I just got a $5 RZ certificate too, which made the deal even better. :D

Though seriously, what the hell is up with having to enter the RZ certificate information manually to use one online? Come on, Best Buy, get with 2011 already.

I ordered for in-store pickup, and apparently I'll be able to pick up the 2010 version of True Grit today (or, well, this weekend -- won't have time to stop today). So I should be able to report whether it's the combo pack once I get it. I don't think I remember seeing a non-combo pack version there, though.[/QUOTE]I agree about the RZ cert situation, they should be able to ask you about using them automatically, if you have your RZ number entered in your account. Then again, as it's run by a third-party company, I'm just glad I can use them at all online.

I'd be surprised if you can pick up the 2010 version of True Grit today, since it has a 06/07 release date. Let me know how it goes with that.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'd be surprised if you can pick up the 2010 version of True Grit today, since it has a 06/07 release date. Let me know how it goes with that.[/QUOTE]

Oh, haha, sorry, I misread it -- it's the 1969 version that I can pick up today. I was rushing to get out the door and get to work, so I wasn't paying enough attention. ;) Oh well. I don't particularly care whether it's the combo pack or not anyway -- I'd never use the DVD or digital copy if I had them. As long as the blu-ray part is the same, I'm happy either way.

For what it's worth, the fact that they only have one SKU on the site for pre-order would lead me to believe they're only getting one version, which would presumably be the combo pack.

Edit: If you go to the page for the offer (click on "$10 Off Two Movies: See How" on one of the item pages), it's much more clearly displayed as the combo pack. If they try to give you something that's not the combo pack, I'm pretty sure you could use that to argue with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']The pic at the top showing the promotion lists "BD + DVD + DC" in the image for True Grit, though the image on the item listing doesn't show the combo pack.

Since BB has a 1-disc movie-only version of a number of recent titles, I'm assuming this one is like it. Walmart doesn't have a 1-disc version, though they don't always have one.

EDIT: Looking very close on the image, you can see the faint "Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital Copy" at the top of the image. Looks like it's worth putting in an order and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i though about this before i posted. if you search bestbuy's website, they only have 1 version, so I'm assuming it's the combo. also, the picture shows the combo pack casing, so you can always make an argument if it does happen to be a single disc.

[quote name='arcane93']Oh, haha, sorry, I misread it -- it's the 1969 version that I can pick up today. I was rushing to get out the door and get to work, so I wasn't paying enough attention. ;) Oh well. I don't particularly care whether it's the combo pack or not anyway -- I'd never use the DVD or digital copy if I had them. As long as the blu-ray part is the same, I'm happy either way.

For what it's worth, the fact that they only have one SKU on the site for pre-order would lead me to believe they're only getting one version, which would presumably be the combo pack.

Edit: If you go to the page for the offer (click on "$10 Off Two Movies: See How" on one of the item pages), it's much more clearly displayed as the combo pack. If they try to give you something that's not the combo pack, I'm pretty sure you could use that to argue with them.[/QUOTE]Everywhere I've looked, it appears that there's only the BD + DVD + DC combo pack for the Blu-Ray release, so I should be OK in that respect.

My in-store pickup copy of the 1969 version is ready to go, though I had the new one shipped, as I wouldn't be able to pick it up in-store when they'd have it available for in-store pickup.

The 1969 version appears to have pretty good PQ, so that's always nice to see on older movies. I'd like to see how they compare, so getting both movies for $24 after tax is a good sale to me.

[quote name='laundrymatt']yeah, i though about this before i posted. if you search bestbuy's website, they only have 1 version, so I'm assuming it's the combo. also, the picture shows the combo pack casing, so you can always make an argument if it does happen to be a single disc.[/QUOTE]Everywhere is only showing the combo, so I think we're safe.

Anyone have any idea if this deal is valid until True Grit (2010) releases the week of 6/7/11?

Just curious if the sale price of True Grit (1969) for 14.99 is going to last until then?

I want to pre-order now but I'm worried that a better deal will come up with amazon or somewhere else

[quote name='capcaveman19']I want to pre-order now but I'm worried that a better deal will come up with amazon or somewhere else[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I doubt you're going to see a deal better than $22.99 for both right at the release of the 2010 version. If you want both movies, and don't want to wait for a while after release, this is almost definitely the way to go.

[quote name='capcaveman19']Anyone have any idea if this deal is valid until True Grit (2010) releases the week of 6/7/11?

Just curious if the sale price of True Grit (1969) for 14.99 is going to last until then?

I want to pre-order now but I'm worried that a better deal will come up with amazon or somewhere else[/QUOTE]
definitely not. i ordered this last week when the fighter combo was on sale for 17.99 and new true grit was 22.99. at that time, old true grit was 19.99. prices are probably going to change by the week, but not sure when the promo ends.

Thanks; just under $25 after tax for the pair.

Also, the last time I used an RZ cert on an order, I was able to click a button to apply it instead of inputting the cert #, value, and date manually. That's not just a RZ Silver feature, is it?

Slightly off topic, but you can link your rewardzone account to your bestbuy.com log in and it will show your available certificates that can be applied and you won't have to go through the whole process of filling in the digits and total.

bread's done
Back