Bestbuy.com Uncharted 2 SE for 9.99 if you pre-order Uncharted 3

Japakneez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat244200050003&type=category

Online Only

Just $9.99
for Uncharted 2 Special Edition when you pre-order Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition delivers incredible bonus content, from extra skins, maps and avatars, to motion comics and even an extra game mode, as you embark on a perilous journey.
When you pre-order the new game, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, you can buy
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition Greatest Hits for just $9.99.

Follow these steps:
Select Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.
Select Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition Greatest Hits.
Click the Add to Cart button at the bottom of the page.
Items may ship separately. See offer details.

Savings Offer
Online only. Excludes prior purchases. May not be valid in combination with other offers.

Savings will be reflected in your cart when all offer requirements are met. If you remove any of the qualifying items from your cart or cancel all or part of your order, you will not receive the promotional savings. Valid on in-stock items only. Items may ship separately. Offer subject to change.

Best Buy's Return Policy on Quantity Discounts applies to this purchase.

[quote name='Fabrizo']So if you cancel the UC3 pre-order after getting UC2 they automatically charge you $20?[/QUOTE]

Would like to know this as well. It wouldn't be easy for them if you used PayPal or a online banking CC #.

GameStop has a similar promo, but it's not given to you until November 1st.

Is it worth a shot trying to pull this off with Best Buy?

You have to put down a full $60 for the game, not $5.

They would just prorate your refund if you tried to cancel. Too bad.

I know uncharted is part of that $100 promo bestbuy has going for 5 pre-orders, but I wonder if that promo applies for online pre-orders as well? also the t&c says this offer isn't valid with other offers, so this purchase might not qualify you for the 5 pre-order promo (if that one also covers online pre-orders).

[quote name='theking20']Can this be done in store as well?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't say anywhere that it can't, but you can always use instore pickup.

Also waiting for the not nearly advertised enough bundle as I haven't played either one yet.

Nice deal. It would have been even better if they gave you the uncharted collection for 25 if you preordered uncharted 3. Man I can't wait for uncharted 3 and uncharted golden abyss ! Big uncharted junkie here :)

[quote name='thekoolkurt']Does the collection include the goty edition?[/QUOTE]

Since both games in the collection are the greatest hits versions it should

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']So pre-order U3 and basically get U2 GOTY for $15 with no obligation to pickup your reserve. Win?[/QUOTE]

They'll probably link the transaction where cancelling the preorder of U3 will subtract the discount you got from U2 GOTY from your refund.

[quote name='Jodou']So pre-order U3 and basically get U2 GOTY for $15 with no obligation to pickup your reserve. Win?[/QUOTE]

Says online only at the top of the page so no you can't do in-store pickup since in-store is only the $5 deposit.

How much dlc is included in this, dollars-wise? I haven't bought any of the UC2 dlc... it'd be nice to get all the dlc with this for 10, sell the old copy, break even or maybe make a few bucks? Not bad, that is, if you intend to actually go back and play it before 3 comes out (online especially).

Don't forget about Best Buy's new pre-order deal as well!

[quote name='unopepito06']How much dlc is included in this, dollars-wise? I haven't bought any of the UC2 dlc... it'd be nice to get all the dlc with this for 10, sell the old copy, break even or maybe make a few bucks? Not bad, that is, if you intend to actually go back and play it before 3 comes out (online especially).

Don't forget about Best Buy's new pre-order deal as well![/QUOTE]

I dont know how much it all costs but this is whats included:
3 Downloadable Content packs that include 19 skins, 4 maps, and one new game mode.
3 boosters for use in online multiplayer modes including "Currency Multiplier," "Golden Guns," and early access to "Revenge."
4 Uncharted: Eye of Indra animated motion comics.
2 multiplayer skins of characters featured in the Eye of Indra motion comic series.
4 PlayStation Network Avatar Packs including 18 premium Uncharted avatars.
Pinball Heroes--Uncharted PSP game.

A few things I want to add to this.

1. The collection so far is only in Europe and no news about a stateside release for any of these games has been made. SCEE stands for Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

2. Even if this is online only place a pre-order for both games and then select store pickup. I assume you can get Uncharted 2 GotY as soon as it's "ready for pickup" then simply cancel the Uncharted 3 pre-order. They may have some fine print that says if you take part in the deal pre-orders can't be canceled but I can not find it listed anywhere.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']A few things I want to add to this.

1. The collection so far is only in Europe and no news about a stateside release for any of these games has been made. SCEE stands for Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

2. Even if this is online only place a pre-order for both games and then select store pickup. I assume you can get Uncharted 2 GotY as soon as it's "ready for pickup" then simply cancel the Uncharted 3 pre-order. They may have some fine print that says if you take part in the deal pre-orders can't be canceled but I can not find it listed anywhere.[/QUOTE]

You are right, there is no confirmation of a U.s release. The funny thing is that the first reported screen shots of the uncharted collection packaging were from e3 which is an American game expo, weird

[quote name='Jhuntley']Really?[/QUOTE]

Wether you agree or disagree is a subjective matter But you can make the argument for it at least. I played and love that game so much !

I'm really trying t figure out how to be a bad person and make this work without following through with the preorder (I'm a true CAG and only buy things uber cheap).
Maybe pay with BB giftcards so they can't automatically charge my card on release? I can't be the only one trying to figure a way. =P

[quote name='GBAstar']Do you guys not follow other deals? Newegg had U2 GOTY for like $16.99 with FS and no tax for most just a few days ago[/QUOTE]

Yea, And they canceled my order :(

Would jump on this if it was the clear GOTY case.

i refuse to buy red case games, i like original cases/discs.

Guess I missed out on this one. I thought I had some time, since they never put an expiration date. It is frustrating though. Why would you not indicate it is only for a very limited time frame if it is? Lately, I haven't bought anything from BestBuy because there is more confusion with their deals and Amazon and Toys R Us (haven't done anything at Kmart lately) competes just fine. Between BestBuy employees not knowing their own corporate policies on price matching, the Reward Zone gamers site being re-done (from good to garbage) and not being able to find what deals they have on preorders (outside of CAG of course), and now not providing dates that specials run between, BestBuy is just garbage compared to all of the others now, imho.

[quote name='atc250es']Top 5 for sure.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but I can't put Uncharted 2 even close to Galaxy 2 and Bioshock. Or 999.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']Perhaps, but I can't put Uncharted 2 even close to Galaxy 2 and Bioshock. Or 999.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted 2 is miles better than Galaxy 2 could only inspire to be. The argument for Bioshock I get.

I dump the PS3 pretty often but I always remind myself that no matter how much that console has faults it also has Uncharted 2, which is the best game of this generation.

[quote name='ZForce915']Uncharted 2 is miles better than Galaxy 2 could only inspire to be. The argument for Bioshock I get.

I dump the PS3 pretty often but I always remind myself that no matter how much that console has faults it also has Uncharted 2, which is the best game of this generation.[/QUOTE]

I mean, that's just like, your opinion man. Uncharted 2 looked pretty and felt like an action blockbuster... but that doesn't make it fun. The gunplay is alright, but Drake himself was floaty and jumps failed at times because he did not control as precisely as he should. Also the climbing routes were almost universally point A to B, there wasn't any derivation from a main path, you always followed one route and rarely could even choose whether to, say, go up the left or right side of a wall.

To me Galaxy 2 was pure, untarnished fun. Uncharted 2 was trying so hard to be a movie but was still a game. It's still excellent, just it had it's problems.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']I mean, that's just like, your opinion man. Uncharted 2 looked pretty and felt like an action blockbuster... but that doesn't make it fun. The gunplay is alright, but Drake himself was floaty and jumps failed at times because he did not control as precisely as he should. Also the climbing routes were almost universally point A to B, there wasn't any derivation from a main path, you always followed one route and rarely could even choose whether to, say, go up the left or right side of a wall.

To me Galaxy 2 was pure, untarnished fun. Uncharted 2 was trying so hard to be a movie but was still a game. It's still excellent, just it had it's problems.[/QUOTE]

What you say are problems are just things you don't like with the game and most people do find to add to the fantastic story. No doubt Mario galaxy games are great, they just don't compare to Uncharted 2. I don't see how you think the gunplay or wasn't great. The gameplay was buttery smooth and (for me anyways) gaming nirvana.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']This is CAG some would sell their soul to get a game for $9.99[/QUOTE]

"What are ya sellin?"

53131c02f7831e.jpg

[quote name='thekoolkurt']What you say are problems are just things you don't like with the game and most people do find to add to the fantastic story. No doubt Mario galaxy games are great, they just don't compare to Uncharted 2. I don't see how you think the gunplay or wasn't great. The gameplay was buttery smooth and (for me anyways) gaming nirvana.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they were problems I had with the game, I never said that the game was bad, or even mediocre, or even good, I said it was excellent. The gunplay was alright, meaning it was good, not bad, not mediocre, it was good. I had no problems with it. But it's also nothing special.

I feel like you have an issue with me not loving Uncharted 2 to the extent that you do. Everyone has their opinions. I listed the problems I had with the game, if you did not, that's fine, I could not possibly care less.

Besides, this is a deal topic. We really should get back on topic. I had only stated that I didn't find it as good as you did, and nothing more really.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']Yeah, they were problems I had with the game, I never said that the game was bad, or even mediocre, or even good, I said it was excellent. The gunplay was alright, meaning it was good, not bad, not mediocre, it was good. I had no problems with it. But it's also nothing special.

I feel like you have an issue with me not loving Uncharted 2 to the extent that you do. Everyone has their opinions. I listed the problems I had with the game, if you did not, that's fine, I could not possibly care less.

Besides, this is a deal topic. We really should get back on topic. I had only stated that I didn't find it as good as you did, and nothing more really.[/QUOTE]

The problems you say you have are nonexistent though, I don't see how you fell that the gunplay isn't one of the best in games.

[quote name='thekoolkurt']The problems you say you have are nonexistent though, I don't see how you fell that the gunplay isn't one of the best in games.[/QUOTE]

Are u really trying to keep arguing after the man gave his full opinion? Let it go. He liked the game but didn't love it. Oh Well. Stop acting like u made the game and everyone must see it as the greatest game ever. I personally loved uncharted 2 and it was one of the best games I've played on ps3....but it's still not my favorite game of this generation. I enjoyed LA Noire ever more than this. Some people don't always have the same opinion as u....welcome to life.

[quote name='loc0bob']Are u really trying to keep arguing after the man gave his full opinion? Let it go. He liked the game but didn't love it. Oh Well. Stop acting like u made the game and everyone must see it as the greatest game ever. I personally loved uncharted 2 and it was one of the best games I've played on ps3....but it's still not my favorite game of this generation. I enjoyed LA Noire ever more than this. Some people don't always have the same opinion as u....welcome to life.[/QUOTE]

I just don't think anything was wrong with the controls and I just wanted to know why he thought they weren't up to snuff with the overall quality of the game.

[quote name='thekoolkurt']I just don't think anything was wrong with the controls and I just wanted to know why he thought they weren't up to snuff with the overall quality of the game.[/QUOTE]

He just said that it's nothing special. Which I can attest to. While Uncharted was a great game, the shooting felt standard to me. There's nothing wrong with that. Just that we've played this style before in many other games...

This deal appears to be closed. Of course my luck, I just saw this now. I logged on to BB but UC2 is back to $29.99.

bread's done
Back