BestBuy - inFamous $9.99 + tax

Wolfnix90

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Infamou...69255482&skuId=9254148&st=infamous&lp=14&cp=1

not sure if this is a typo or not,

but i just noticed this while looking for a cheap copy of this game.

if you search for "infamous" on bb's site, it shows 29.99, but when

you actually click on it, it shows 9.99. i successfully ordered one

without any hassle though. :) currently waiting for my 'ready-to-pick-up' email

update: just got an email my item is ready to pick up :) guess it wasn't a typo.

so i can pick it up at local bb.

Thought I saw a rumor in one of the Playstation 3 threads over on the Sony site that Infamous (downloadable version) may be the "free game" that people get for the PSN outage. I also had this when it first came out and found the story missions to be quite enjoyable, but yes, as in most open world games, the side missions get quite repetitive.

Definately worth picking up for $9.99 (and if it's free on PSN, I'll definately be downloading it to play again).

Even if it is part of the deal. It will part of playstation plus. Which they will offer for 'free' for a couple months. Unless you buy more months after the free months you will no longer be able to play infamous.

[quote name='awp']Thought I saw a rumor in one of the Playstation 3 threads over on the Sony site that Infamous (downloadable version) may be the "free game" that people get for the PSN outage. I also had this when it first came out and found the story missions to be quite enjoyable, but yes, as in most open world games, the side missions get quite repetitive.

Definately worth picking up for $9.99 (and if it's free on PSN, I'll definately be downloading it to play again).[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I hadn't heard that. Would be pretty nice though, except that most PS3 owners probably have it already.

[quote name='awp']Thought I saw a rumor in one of the Playstation 3 threads...[/QUOTE]

Yes, free inFAMOUS is pure rumor and speculation at this point. The internetz are mad because they don't have their PSN and they must throw out wild rumors about all the stuff they "deserve" for this horrific inconvenience.

snatched both infamous @ 10$ and UC2 @ 20$ @ my local BB store. the online site lied about infamous not being available at my store. last copies of each! lol UC2 was hiding at the bottom corner shelf behind other games, but when I asked an associate, he knew exactly where it is. ;)

Picked up the last inFamous at my local store. Thanks for posting this deal, I've been wanting to pick this game up for a long time. I borrowed it from a friend but I haven't had a chance to play it and he's already done with the game I loaned him lol. This way I don't have to hold his copy hostage anymore ;)

I was also able to pick up Infamous today. As a reminder to everyone the BB site does not show stock at a store if they have less than 3 items in stock. So they may have one or two even if the stock indicator shows none.

[quote name='wrencrest']I was also able to pick up Infamous today. As a reminder to everyone the BB site does not show stock at a store if they have less than 3 items in stock. So they may have one or two even if the stock indicator shows none.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this seem to be accurate since I was able to pick up the last copy for $9.99 @ a best buy by me. It was showing unavailable at all the stores around me. Must mean these are selling out fast and qty is low.

[quote name='JQUEST97']Yeah this seem to be accurate since I was able to pick up the last copy for $9.99 @ a best buy by me. It was showing unavailable at all the stores around me. Must mean these are selling out fast and qty is low.[/QUOTE]

wouldn't surprise me in the least if some of these sales were retailers, since - for example - a new copy of Infamous runs 29.99 at GS. I doubt GS has any organized process to do such a thing, but it reminds me of the "indie" record store in my hometown - would scour the thrifts for cheap vinyl (that's a record, for the kids out there) and then mark them up 400% or more for quick/easy profit.

[quote name='Progamer665']Anyone know how to contact amazon for a price adjustment?[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked OOS and only sold by third parties

purchased a copy online for in-store pick up, just waiting the for the e-mail to go and pick up my copy. This is a sweet deal and great game thanks OP!

[quote name='speedy05']new to the PS3 scene, does anyone know if the Greatest Hits version of inFamous has any bonus content?[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't. It's the same as the original version.

Stopped into Best Buy for the two for 60 game trade-in and to see if they had Infamous even though the online lookup said it didn't...but they did! I grabbed my copy and there was one more left behind it

[quote name='awp']Thought I saw a rumor in one of the Playstation 3 threads over on the Sony site that Infamous (downloadable version) may be the "free game" that people get for the PSN outage. I also had this when it first came out and found the story missions to be quite enjoyable, but yes, as in most open world games, the side missions get quite repetitive.

Definately worth picking up for $9.99 (and if it's free on PSN, I'll definately be downloading it to play again).[/QUOTE]

This might be plausible as Infamous 2 is about to come out...releasing the original for free would generate interest and publicity for the sequel.

Oh cool, I keep meaning to pick up inFamous. At $10, I might have to consider getting a copy. I hope InFamous isn't the only free game option from PSN, especially for those who already have a copy.

[quote name='xilly']To be fair, I just got it a few months ago (finally bought the digital version) and I've just now gotten around to actually playing it. It's so good though.[/QUOTE]

Just playing with you :)

Infamous may be my favorite game. Definitely in the top five...

I'm glad that people are still picking this up. I can't wait for June 7.

[quote name='jacobeid']Just playing with you :)

Infamous may be my favorite game. Definitely in the top five...

I'm glad that people are still picking this up. I can't wait for June 7.[/QUOTE]

I know man. I had it at launch, and I let someone borrow it as I was playing other stuff and he lost it.. so it took me forever to buy it again. :p

^ I thought about this, too. In the end I decided for 10 bucks it was worth it for me to have a physical copy of the game.

Ideally, Sony will offer 2 or 3 choices for our free game, since I assume lots of PS3 owners own Infamous already.

[quote name='dansoccerball']anyone know if psn cards count towards the best buy gamers club?TIA[/QUOTE]

I just check my rewards account. The psn card purchase I made has a "GC" symbol next to it so it looks like it does apply to the gamers club. I'm assuming that's what the GC means.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Amazon matched! No tax no gas no sipping charge. No problem![/QUOTE]

one left in Tucson East, shelf said 29.99 - store pickup 9.99

Amazon already back up to $22, that was quick.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']one left in Tucson East, shelf said 29.99 - store pickup 9.99

Amazon already back up to $22, that was quick.[/QUOTE]

Gots mines.

[quote name='wilflare']sigh. Amazon PM didn't last long... what a way to start a day[/QUOTE]

Yea like usual thank slickdeaks for that.

If anyone here missed out on this deal on BB.com and Amazon, I can probably help a few of you out. Snagged a few extra copies at my BB, I'll send them out for $15 shipped. Just PM me, and I'll take you guys in order; I've got 2 extra right now, but might be able to snag some more tomorrow. I did a similar deal with the controller bundles; glad to get to help some fellow CAG's out, and helps boost my RZ spending...win, win!

[quote name='xilly']I know man. I had it at launch, and I let someone borrow it as I was playing other stuff and he lost it.. so it took me forever to buy it again. :p[/QUOTE]

Infamous was my first plat. It's a great game. However Zeke gradually just got more and more annoying.

My copy I grabbed last night is the red Greatest Hits package. Why are people so anal about which version, red or black, they get? Same game inside.

First world problems. :)

In store too? Sweet [quote name='Stimes']Got BB gift cards so I bit, it was priced at $29.99 on the sign but rang up fine at $9.99. Thanks op[/QUOTE]

Thanks to the OP!

My local BB (San Rafael, CA) only had one copy on the shelves. Marked $29.99, rang up $9.99

Tried to look around in the dump bins/Bargain Shelves for another copy for my brother (who wanted it), but couldn't find any :(

bread's done
Back