BESTBUY is matching gamestop power sale prices and walmart XBL points price! ( YMMV )

dEvAnGeL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
80 (100%)
i just came back from bestbuy and i was told they are matching the prices from gamestop power sale and walmart for XBL points, good deal for those like me that have BB gift cards, receipt of purchase just to prove is not a lie, sorry if posted already

IMG_1437.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='josh62488']is it automatic or did you have to get manager approval?[/QUOTE]

just bring the game ur getting to customer service, they will check the price on the gamestop.com webpage and ur all set, in case u run in to a douche the worst case is just wait until they call gamestop just to confirm the price but after that ur good to go

Nice, I'm going to try to grab a copy of Darksiders at Best Buy. Sealed w/ Gamers Club points > a gutted copy.

Too bad Batman AA isnt listed on Gamestop's website at the right price..

what? BB doesnt match online prices...definitely YMMV, even if the prices are instore as well, if its not a flyer from the weekly in store ad they can say no

BB changed their policy not that long ago to PM online advertisements from local competitors. Some BBs do Amazon as well (although not many... I've had little success doing that.) As long as the local competitor has it for the same price in store they will match it.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']what? BB doesnt match online prices...definitely YMMV, even if the prices are instore as well, if its not a flyer from the weekly in store ad they can say no[/QUOTE]
that was before, i was told by the manager that they are matching online prices now, even sometimes they match amazon as well, im gonna add YMMV to the title of the thread so u can be at peace my fellow CAG :)

This is not news. I price match Gamestop regularly at five or six Best Buy locations around Southern California and have been doing so for the last three years. As long as you print out the price from the GS website and it doesn't say "online only" under the price, they always are willing to match. There is no GS listed on their price match screen, so they always have to select "other".

[quote name='smarkbran']Do they pricematch and take an extra percentage off too?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Just a straight match, but you get guaranteed new games and RZ/GZ points.

[quote name='bojay1997']This is not news. I price match Gamestop regularly at five or six Best Buy locations around Southern California and have been doing so for the last three years. As long as you print out the price from the GS website and it doesn't say "online only" under the price, they always are willing to match. There is no GS listed on their price match screen, so they always have to select "other".[/QUOTE]
u got a point, but they usually wont price match special sales, thats why is good because they are matching the power sale prices, and theres gotta be a lot of people here with BB GC willing to jump on that

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']u got a point, but they usually wont price match special sales, thats why is good because they are matching the power sale prices, and theres gotta be a lot of people here with BB GC willing to jump on that[/QUOTE]

Of course they match GS sales. I have gone and gotten matches on Gamer Days and every other sale GS has done in the past year. The only thing they might not match is a sale that is on-line only and where it clearly says that on the item page on Gamestop's website.

[quote name='smarkbran']Do they pricematch and take an extra percentage off too?[/QUOTE]That only happens if you purchased the item at Best Buy, then returned and showed proof that a competitor is offering the same item for lower. Then, you'll get 110% of the difference.

Well, I'm trying something interesting later. Gonna take the GameStop print screen for Final Fantasy XIII (New) which shows as 39.99 after PRICE DROP (not a sale). Then using that $20 off Gamer's Club coupon (which doesn't get negated by a sale price since Gamestop isn't advertising it as a sale), followed by a $20 Reward Zone certificate. Add a pack of gum and I'll be getting the game for free :)

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']what? BB doesnt match online prices...definitely YMMV, even if the prices are instore as well, if its not a flyer from the weekly in store ad they can say no[/QUOTE]

I've heard a CSR telling customers that they will match legitimate websites. I was actually in the middle of doing a Gamestop.com price match once when they changed their price on the item I was trying to match. :bomb:

[quote name='Stry-ker']Yeah....ymmv. They wouldn't do a pm on the point cards[/QUOTE]

I've had Best Buy price match the points card for me twice in the last month. I took a printout of Walmart's online price and they did it without batting an eyelash.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Well, I'm trying something interesting later. Gonna take the GameStop print screen for Final Fantasy XIII (New) which shows as 39.99 after PRICE DROP (not a sale). Then using that $20 off Gamer's Club coupon (which doesn't get negated by a sale price since Gamestop isn't advertising it as a sale), followed by a $20 Reward Zone certificate. Add a pack of gum and I'll be getting the game for free :)[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but why exactly would you need to PM Gamestop? The RZ coupon is already working on the sale price per the other thread which it appears you are also posting in. Did you just not read that thread?

Just FYI, they do match online prices. I've matched to Amazon and K-mart three times in the last month. Twice on strategy guides and once on a game.

I found this policy at www.bestbuy.com

"Does Best Buy match prices of Internet retailers?

Best Buy does not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the online only offers of our local retail competitors. If you find a local retail competitor honoring its own online prices, we'll match their price. Eligible items must be the same brand and model, and currently in stock at the local retail competitors store. For purchases made at BestBuy.com, please see our BestBuy.com Price Match Guarantee Policy."

I'm a little confused by the bolded part. English is not my main, so that's why I'm a little bit confused. What do they mean with that?

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Well, I'm trying something interesting later. Gonna take the GameStop print screen for Final Fantasy XIII (New) which shows as 39.99 after PRICE DROP (not a sale). Then using that $20 off Gamer's Club coupon (which doesn't get negated by a sale price since Gamestop isn't advertising it as a sale), followed by a $20 Reward Zone certificate. Add a pack of gum and I'll be getting the game for free :)[/QUOTE]

The Reward Zone coupon doesn't get negated in the first place. This is just a lot of work for nothing.

BB is all over the place with their pricematch policy. The BB near South Coast Plaza in the OC will pricematch Amazon, in direct contradiction to their printed policy.

I'm at work and I can't use the phone...

Can someone call my local Best Buy and ask them if they are honoring the price match from GameStop.com?

/facepalm...youre an idiot. Its 39.99 at best buy too...you dont need to PM. And of course you can combine RZ coupon with certificate

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I found this policy at www.bestbuy.com

"Does Best Buy match prices of Internet retailers?

Best Buy does not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the online only offers of our local retail competitors. If you find a local retail competitor honoring its own online prices, we'll match their price. Eligible items must be the same brand and model, and currently in stock at the local retail competitors store. For purchases made at BestBuy.com, please see our BestBuy.com Price Match Guarantee Policy."

I'm a little confused by the bolded part. English is not my main, so that's why I'm a little bit confused. What do they mean with that?[/QUOTE]

Well in the past with best buy for me they will actually call the store to see what the price is. For example with Walmart, I have seen many times where Online price is lower than store price. I know my best buy will call walmart and see their in store price. If they say the higher price they will not match the online price.

Dude, there's no reason to pricematch. And they usually never let you use coupons after a pricematch. You'd be making something that was guaranteed to work into something that is extremely YMMV and pointless.

Why would you price match Gamestop when it's already $39.99 at BB? You should probably do more research before you think of these weird ideas that do not even make sense.

To everyone else:

Best Buy will match any price from another retailer within a certain amount of distance (or if they think its too far, they still wont do it) for new games as long as the games are still in stock. It will be YMMV if the store actually calls specific stores to check up on them or not, and some stores will do it anyways because they want to hit their goal for the day, so you will most likely get it matched even if it isn't in stock.

Best Buy do not match online prices and will be extremely YMMV. Sometimes managers will approve it because, once again, to try and hit their budget for the day. Best Buys are not obligated to match online prices, and the majority of the Best Buys will not match online prices. And if they do match it, it will sometimes be Amazon and other reputable sites, but still a high chance they won't do it for you because most managers aren't that desperate to hit budget, unless you go in late at night and they're close to hitting budget, every little bit will count to them, so it depends on the closing manager. But depending on the manager you do get, you might get them to do it, but very YMMV.

[quote name='Squarehard']Why would you price match Gamestop when it's already $39.99 at BB? You should probably do more research before you think of these weird ideas that do not even make sense.

To everyone else:

Best Buy will match any price from another retailer within a certain amount of distance (or if they think its too far, they still wont do it) for new games as long as the games are still in stock. It will be YMMV if the store actually calls specific stores to check up on them or not, and some stores will do it anyways because they want to hit their goal for the day, so you will most likely get it matched even if it isn't in stock.

Best Buy do not match online prices and will be extremely YMMV. Sometimes managers will approve it because, once again, to try and hit their budget for the day. Best Buys are not obligated to match online prices, and the majority of the Best Buys will not match online prices. And if they do match it, it will sometimes be Amazon and other reputable sites, but still a high chance they won't do it for you because most managers aren't that desperate to hit budget, unless you go in late at night and they're close to hitting budget, every little bit will count to them, so it depends on the closing manager. But depending on the manager you do get, you might get them to do it, but very YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Well... here is a question: Are most of the online prices for Gamestop.com the same as their store prices?

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Well... here is a question: Are most of the online prices for Gamestop.com the same as their store prices?[/QUOTE]

That will vary quite greatly from one game to another, and in this case, the Best Buy will most likely call Gamestop to double check the price. And many of the online prices will say "Online price only", so it will be harder to match it that way.

Even Gamestop stores don't match their online prices, so that gives you an idea if they'll do it or not. Totally YMMV.

What the hell is the point? FFXIII has been working with the RZ coupon anyway so it's $20 out the door without even mentioning GS.

Your RZ certificate and the pack of gum are extraneous.

edit: heh. i just realized everyone else saw the stupidity in that plan! :)

Had no problem at all matching the (new game) prices at my local BB this afternoon. Went up to the counter and asked about the policy and the nice lady confirmed that if the local store quotes the price they will PM it no problem (and no ad required). Picked up $180 worth of new games for $80 (BB really needs to update some of their prices for older games) and didn't have to deal with gutted games.

Glad to know this updated policy, I will pretty much be PMing everything (new) from now to help maintain premiere status (and work towards GamerZone points).

Now if they'd just take the final step and PM Amazon as policy...

[quote name='jstew9']Had no problem at all matching the (new game) prices at my local BB this afternoon. Went up to the counter and asked about the policy and the nice lady confirmed that if the local store quotes the price they will PM it no problem (and no ad required). Picked up $180 worth of new games for $80 (BB really needs to update some of their prices for older games) and didn't have to deal with gutted games.

Glad to know this updated policy, I will pretty much be PMing everything (new) from now to help maintain premiere status (and work towards GamerZone points).

Now if they'd just take the final step and PM Amazon as policy...[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I want to get all those $4.99 - $9.99 DS games from GameStop, but they are all gutted.

So... do I just pick the games and tell them that my local GameStop is selling the games cheaper?

I don't get how u got 1600 points for $14 I checked GS and its listed as 19.99. Please enlighten me fellow cagers.

[quote name='savagepastry']I was about to ask the exact same question about the 14 dollar points.[/QUOTE]

I thought he pretty clearly stated this sale was at Walmart.

[quote name='hellmutt']I thought he pretty clearly stated this sale was at Walmart.[/QUOTE]
Walmart has it for 16.54.

I just came back from getting my FF13 at $20, but i was shot down on the price matching policy for the $16.54 walmart online price for ms points.

Store: Saginaw, Michigan

Last edited by a moderator:
Do y'all think BB would price match the Bioshock 2 GS price of $29.99 and then allow the $20 off coupon from the @gamer magazine so we could pick up the game for $9.99?

[quote name='snky_pete']Do y'all think BB would price match the Bioshock 2 GS price of $29.99 and then allow the $20 off coupon from the @gamer magazine so we could pick up the game for $9.99?[/QUOTE]

That they will most likely not do. The purpose of price matching is so you can buy the game at their store without them actually having the promotion. For them to give you another store's promotion and then letting you stack it with their own coupon (which is technically their promotion) will almost 100% be rejected right away. I can't even call this YMMV since I can't even imagine how dumb the manager who approves this would be. Plus, I'm sure the coupon will say its not stackable with sale items.

bread's done
Back