BestBuy - Move Mayhem Bundle PS3 for 99.99 (includes Resistance 3, KZ 3...)

[quote name='zillionandnine']
Just had a thought... would charging it via a USB port on my desktop work? hahaha. Worth a try I guess...[/QUOTE]

I've charged my DS3 via USB on my PC
*crosses arms*
WORD

/what I'm saying is, I don't see why it wouldn't

[quote name='zillionandnine']

Just had a thought... would charging it via a USB port on my desktop work? hahaha. Worth a try I guess...[/QUOTE]

I charge almost all of my controllers and headset through my computer. Comp has four USB ports and the tower is always on.

So.....mmmmyea. :cool:

[quote name='wtsutton']I charge almost all of my controllers and headset through my computer. Comp has four USB ports and the tower is always on.

So.....mmmmyea. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I have a gazillion USB ports on my tower, so that works out. Thanks!

[quote name='wtsutton']I charge almost all of my controllers and headset through my computer. Comp has four USB ports and the tower is always on.

So.....mmmmyea. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I thought that would work, but I have never tried it. so I can take a normal PS3 recharge cable, plug it into my DS3 and put it in a usb port and it will charge?

[quote name='slowdive21']I thought that would work, but I have never tried it. so I can take a normal PS3 recharge cable, plug it into my DS3 and put it in a usb port and it will charge?[/QUOTE]

Yep...works for everything. Dualshocks. Moves. Navigations. Headsets. Now if it would just cook me eggs and give sucky, sucky there would be no reason to ever leave the house.

[quote name='Rodster']I don't know why but I can't seem to say yes to the Move. Maybe it's that i've been there done that with the Wii controller or maybe it's that game show buzzer looking controller that lights up. :lol:

I did go with the Kinect Bundle for $99 and that also was a hard sell for me but I think that has a better future than the Move.[/QUOTE]

When it was $100+ just for the controller, eye, and sports champion like it was for a while, then I would agree, but now it is a bargain. I don't know how any self-respecting gamer can pass this up without giving it a try. You can easily justify these 2 games themselves being worth $50 on sale, which leaves $50 for the gun, controller, nav, and eye. Or think of it as buying 2 games at msrp and getting the move + accs for free. Add that there have been some great deals on move games lately. I've picked up time crisis, sports champion, racquet sports, and fit in six for $30 total. Not to mention it works with more games that I already own, like heavy rain.

Especially considering you probably paid at least $100 for kinect, which is just the bar with some gimmicky games that seem like a lot of jumping and grabbing. I originally thought kinect was the better choice, but the games for it don't really interest me. If it hits $50 for the bar, I'll bite though.

Played 2 more hours of killzone with the sharpshooter tonight. Got the calibration and feel of it down...hope to find a definitive way of holding it though...considering using my playseat and resting the gun where the wheel would go.

Already had all the contents of this bundle other than Resistance 3. Easily parted out and sold everything other than R3 for more than 100 bones. Free R3 for me and some $$ in my pocket.

[quote name='slowdive21']I thought that would work, but I have never tried it. so I can take a normal PS3 recharge cable, plug it into my DS3 and put it in a usb port and it will charge?[/QUOTE]

I use a cheap USB hub to make it x4

[quote name='blitz6speed']I sold the sealed sharpshooter + killzone 3 for 45, so came out just great.[/QUOTE]

Interesting....considering the Sharpshooter in this bundle isn't sealed in anything.

I spent a few hours tonight using the Sharpshooter with Resistance 3 and it's a steep learning curve but I'm having fun. I still haven't gotten movement and aiming down but it's getting better... Only real complain is that my wrist and elbow are hurting now but I'm hoping it'll pass. Resistance 3 has been great so far and using the Sharpshooter really does make it more interesting to play, hopefully they release more games that use it. Any other Move games I should focus on getting? I already own Kz3 from this bundle and Heavy Rain.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Interesting....considering the Sharpshooter in this bundle isn't sealed in anything.[/QUOTE]

Its in a plastic bag with tape on one end, you can tell if its been opened. Sold it right out of the box.

Can someone confirm when this sale ends? I saw a post where a guy said it ends on 1/31/2012. If that is the case I will definately pick this up next paycheck. This is an excellent deal!

Update:
I read that the 1/24/2012 date was just a mistake. Is there anyone that know the deadline?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='abhinav']I spent a few hours tonight using the Sharpshooter with Resistance 3 and it's a steep learning curve but I'm having fun. I still haven't gotten movement and aiming down but it's getting better... Only real complain is that my wrist and elbow are hurting now but I'm hoping it'll pass. Resistance 3 has been great so far and using the Sharpshooter really does make it more interesting to play, hopefully they release more games that use it. Any other Move games I should focus on getting? I already own Kz3 from this bundle and Heavy Rain.[/QUOTE]

Socom 4 works with sharpshooter. Im having a lot of fun with mlb 11 home run derby and reviews say house of the dead is good. I also have lbp2, the shoot and dead space extraction but im yet to try them. And of course sports champions...u can get that cheap at gamestop. Ive only played the ping pong on that so far but its pretty good.

Found these settings for K3:
Movemodo’s Preferred Settings
Deadzone Width: 40%
Deadzone Height: 50%
Cursor Sensitivity: 10%
Turn Speed: 60%
Lock Assist: None
Zoom: Hold
Crouch: Toggle

have been playing R3 only and I increased only the turn sensitivity so I wouldn't get tired of going from side to side. My wrist did start to bother me but I guess is due to trying to grab and learn new control positions. I do feel the accuracy while shotting is more than with a regular DS3; they need to bring compatibility to MW & BF! Compared to my wii in the shooting part is equally accurate but a tiny bit better when you get to shooting on the sides of the screen since if you point away from the tv it doesn't lose you.

Just bought this and traded in Killzone 3, Resistance 3 and the Sharpshooter for $50. I only wanted move and the navi. Best buy is also selling the Resistance 3 move/sharpshooter bundle for the same price. I had to tell a Mother there about the other bundle so she would get Killzone 3 free. They hid the double bundle in the back.

[quote name='Carlanga']Found these settings for K3:
Movemodo’s Preferred Settings
Deadzone Width: 40%
Deadzone Height: 50%
Cursor Sensitivity: 10%
Turn Speed: 60%
Lock Assist: None
Zoom: Hold
Crouch: Toggle

have been playing R3 only and I increased only the turn sensitivity so I wouldn't get tired of going from side to side. My wrist did start to bother me but I guess is due to trying to grab and learn new control positions. I do feel the accuracy while shotting is more than with a regular DS3; they need to bring compatibility to MW & BF! Compared to my wii in the shooting part is equally accurate but a tiny bit better when you get to shooting on the sides of the screen since if you point away from the tv it doesn't lose you.[/QUOTE]

I think my settings are almost identical to those except I have the turn speed lower...i think maybe 30%. I keep playing with the deadzone...sometimes 40% feels perfect and then sometimes the enemies move too fast for me to catch them at that speed so I think about dropping it to 30 or 20.

[quote name='Taliax']Just bought this and traded in Killzone 3, Resistance 3 and the Sharpshooter for $50. I only wanted move and the navi. Best buy is also selling the Resistance 3 move/sharpshooter bundle for the same price. I had to tell a Mother there about the other bundle so she would get Killzone 3 free. They hid the double bundle in the back.[/QUOTE]

How did you trade in Killzone 3? I heard it had a different barcode and wouldn't scan correctly.

speaking of move games what that one move game that seems like a ps3 zelda game. saw a commercial for it one day and seems like it could be fun to play.

Deadmund's Quest is more of a "rail slasher" if you will...you can't control him directly, only sword slashes/bow and arrow/etc as he moves along a predetermined path. That being said, there is a demo on PSN and it was kind of fun.

Does anyone know if MGS Rising is gonna have Move support? There really needs to be more games that are being designed with the Move in mind and not just mini games and FPS if they want it to really take off.

[quote name='TurboGuard']Deadmund's Quest is more of a "rail slasher" if you will...you can't control him directly, only sword slashes/bow and arrow/etc as he moves along a predetermined path. That being said, there is a demo on PSN and it was kind of fun.

Does anyone know if MGS Rising is gonna have Move support? There really needs to be more games that are being designed with the Move in mind and not just mini games and FPS if they want it to really take off.[/QUOTE]

I was in Best Buy today and the Mayhem bundle is still $99.99, which is a super price.
Infamous 2 is now Move compatible. No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise is another non-FPS game that supports Move controls.

bread's done
Back