Bestbuy MW3/Zelda $39.99 & Revelations/JD3 $29.99 (Dec. 25-31)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
In the December 25-31 ad bestbuy will have the following on sale:
Modern Warfare 3 (PS3/360) $39.99
Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) $39.99
Just Dance 3 (Wii/PS3/360) $29.99
Assassins Creed: Revelations (360/PS3) $29.99

Don't forget that purchases made between November 13 - December 25 are available to be pricematched, exchanged, and returned until Jan. 25

Also, because you can't host scans on CAG here is a link to the scan. Link.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know how i found this site, but thanks to CAG and all its members I was able to get:

Dirt 3- 15- BestBuy
Saints Row the third- 30- BestBuy
Nier-12.74- Amazon
Batman AC- 28-Amazon
Uncharted 3-30-Amazon
Battlefield 3-28-Amazon
Enslaved- 8.74-Amazon
Deus Ex-30-Amazon
El Shaddai- 20-Amazon

You guys have converted me into a cheapassgamer lol

And shout out to the people with the George Bush shoe throwing sig, and the one with the guy coming out the well "Like A Boss". I never get tired of looking at those lol

And now it seems i will be getting MW3 for 40, and Revelations for 30....well I may wait on Revelations cuz of all the other games i bought, and Im getting pretty tired of Ezio. Hmmm choices. Im still debating on whether to get Sonic Generations for 30 on PS3; the demo was pretty fun, took me back to the old days.

[quote name='Gkage']I dont know how i found this site, but thanks to CAG and all its members I was able to get:

Dirt 3- 15- BestBuy
Saints Row the third- 30- BestBuy
Nier-12.74- Amazon
Batman AC- 28-Amazon
Uncharted 3-30-Amazon
Battlefield 3-28-Amazon
Enslaved- 8.74-Amazon
Deus Ex-30-Amazon
El Shaddai- 20-Amazon

You guys have converted me into a cheapassgamer lol

And shout out to the people with the George Bush shoe throwing sig, and the one with the guy coming out the well "Like A Boss". I never get tired of looking at those lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gkage']And now it seems i will be getting MW3 for 40, and Revelations for 30....well I may wait on Revelations cuz of all the other games i bought, and Im getting pretty tired of Ezio. Hmmm choices. Im still debating on whether to get Sonic Generations for 30 on PS3; the demo was pretty fun, took me back to the old days.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gkage']I click on the link for the scan and i get "403-Forbidden". Anybody else getting the same thing?[/QUOTE]

congrats on your deals. Soon you will find that sometimes you can get games for FREE.
Next time just use the EDIT button on your post if you want to add something to your last post.

Does anyone know if Best Buy accepts competitors coupons? I have a gamer coupon from PC Richard for $10 off video games $39.99 or greater, and would be a good deal if it worked on Skyward Sword.

[quote name='audilover']congrats on your deals. Soon you will find that sometimes you can get games for FREE.
Next time just use the EDIT button on your post if you want to add something to your last post.[/QUOTE]

Ha yea i forgot about the edit button. Had a brain fart lol

[quote name='Bankotsu']Do all the PS3 AC:R come with AC1 game, or just the first print? Should I even bother looking at the back of the case to check?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 copies should all come with it I believe, but there is a logo/sticker on the front or back cover that I remember seeing that advertises it. So I would look for that.

just picked up a 2nd copy of mw3 xmas gift for my girl (she has been wanting her own copy since release) and just dance 3 for her also. got udraw ps3 for $30 gs pricematch for my kids. yay for xmas gifts (that i enjoy too) thanx CAG!

question........ when doing a price adjustment in store(best buy) does one have to bring in the game and receipt, or is the receipt enough?

[quote name='ColossusPrime']question........ when doing a price adjustment in store(best buy) does one have to bring in the game and receipt, or is the receipt enough?[/QUOTE]

Just the receipt, I do it all the time.

[quote name='kklems']For those that are planning to buy MW3 or ACR and need a year of live: It looks like best buy is giving you $20 off a year of live ($39.99) when you buy select games including MW3. It will take the $20 off live, you pay $59.99 for mw3 which you can than pm next week ($39.99). Also works with halo combat ($39.99) BF3 ($59.99 not sure if anyone has cheaper next week), ACR ($59.99 this week, $29.99 next week), NBA 2k12 ($59.99 not sure of PM chances), gears 3 ($39.99 now, not sure if cheaper anywhere else)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat261400050014[/QUOTE]

Won't work. if you buy this w/the live card, you'll also have to return the card as well. You simply can't return the game & say, i'd like to get the price adjusted for this game as they'll spot the promo & think (what an idiot trying to be sneaky & return the game only) I wonder if peple even think about such things rather than try some shenanigans.

[quote name='N4M3LE5S']Won't work. if you buy this w/the live card, you'll also have to return the card as well. You simply can't return the game & say, i'd like to get the price adjusted for this game as they'll spot the promo & think (what an idiot trying to be sneaky & return the game only) I wonder if peple even think about such things rather than try some shenanigans.[/QUOTE]

It's not a return, it's just a price match. Let Best Buy worry about how the promotion and their price match policy intersect. It says they match lower prices and they often will with no questions asked. No harm in trying.

I don't know why, but they wanted my driver's license last night when I pricematched skyrim to TRU. I know they do it for returns to keep track of what customers they want to ban for returning items, so I usually tell them I've lost my license and that it doesn't say it is needed anywhere in their terms and conditions. However, the checkout girl was too cute to be an asshole to, so I just let her see it. I love that best buy is treating its customers like criminals that need to be tracked when all we're doing is following their own policies.

[quote name='lawhorns04'] I know they do it for returns to keep track of what customers [/QUOTE]

NO.

They do it for PMs of items bought before and exchanges too. Basically ANYTHING counts towards your ban. They could care less if you have a legitamite receipt or whether its within the 30 day return period. They also dont care if your a high spending Silver rewards member.

I remember calling BB over this and they said flat out that they dont want customers that do any of that. They only want customers who buy the items and are satisfied with the purchase "no matter the price or anything else".

Yes, the CS agent litterally said that. I thanked him for being honest at least.

[quote name='PS3_Moose']If I got Zelda (49.99) and Super Mario 3D land (39.99) with Mario Kart 7 for free in the B2G1 best buy had recently, would BB price match the zelda sale since everything else was 39.99 anyways?[/QUOTE]

According to their policy they would have to return all items and then resell with the pm. They don't officially price match bundles. I personally have purchased 75 games and have pm'd or returned 20 of them. It depends on the managers/ associate at the Cs desk. I've even been allowed to exchange me free one for full store credit to buy other games.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']NO.

They do it for PMs of items bought before and exchanges too. Basically ANYTHING counts towards your ban. They could care less if you have a legitamite receipt or whether its within the 30 day return period. They also dont care if your a high spending Silver rewards member.

I remember calling BB over this and they said flat out that they dont want customers that do any of that. They only want customers who buy the items and are satisfied with the purchase "no matter the price or anything else".

Yes, the CS agent litterally said that. I thanked him for being honest at least.[/QUOTE]

You sound surprised. After all, this is the company that went on record in 2004/5 calling some of its customers "devils". It is (was?) a corporate strategy to keep PMing, loss leaders, etc. down.

That being said, I think the 5/100 worked out pretty well for me. Funny, the one game I bought *solely* b/c the promotion existed (Just Dance 3) is the game I've spent the most time playing (my kids love it).

[quote name='hostyl1']You sound surprised. After all, this is the company that went on record in 2004/5 calling some of its customers "devils". It is (was?) a corporate strategy to keep PMing, loss leaders, etc. down.

That being said, I think the 5/100 worked out pretty well for me. Funny, the one game I bought *solely* b/c the promotion existed (Just Dance 3) is the game I've spent the most time playing (my kids love it).[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I had never seen that article. Doesn't surprise me, I guess I am a "devil" according to BB.

If anyone wants spacemarine, Bb also will have that game for 30 bucks. Then there's a voucher on their gamer magazine which i remember 20 bucks off. So you can get the game for ten bucks

[quote name='Enuf']
This is the exact reason TO BUY ON RELEASE. Buy from stores that pm & make sure you get in on the best credit/giftcard deals. You end up with the same price that you would've gotten by waiting, have played the game for some time(resell/high TIV), get the DLC & the pre-order credit. Most games can be had for $40 w/at least $10 credit on day by doing this.[/QUOTE]

This is very true. I used to wait until a few months/years after a game was released to find it at a cheaper used price. Between BBY's awesome policies and the KMart coupon train 98% of the games I bought this year were new around 80% paid for with some type of credit. Pretty sure I'll reach silver status at BBY in no time with all the releases coming out in Feb/March.

[quote name='wwe101']does TRU pricematch? I want to get MW3 from there becuase I have a giftcard.[/QUOTE]

Nope the only thing they will pm is their own website.

[quote name='lawhorns04']I don't know why, but they wanted my driver's license last night when I pricematched skyrim to TRU. I know they do it for returns to keep track of what customers they want to ban for returning items, so I usually tell them I've lost my license and that it doesn't say it is needed anywhere in their terms and conditions. However, the checkout girl was too cute to be an asshole to, so I just let her see it. I love that best buy is treating its customers like criminals that need to be tracked when all we're doing is following their own policies.[/QUOTE]

She asked for your license becuase Skyrim is rated M, not becuase of the price match. :)

[quote name='wwe101']does TRU pricematch? I want to get MW3 from there becuase I have a giftcard.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='atc250es']Nope the only thing they will pm is their own website.[/QUOTE]

I just called TRU and they said they will price match Best Buy as long as you have the ad.

hmmmmmm stupid question but i pre ordered MW3 to take advantage of the 50% trade in bonus before it came out and am gonna pick it up if i can get it for $35 + tax

is my $5 pre order deposit still good if i go pick it up on monday?

[quote name='dino88']I just called TRU and they said they will price match Best Buy as long as you have the ad.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know TRU is price matching up until Xmas but not after xmas

[quote name='midloo']It's not a return, it's just a price match. Let Best Buy worry about how the promotion and their price match policy intersect. It says they match lower prices and they often will with no questions asked. No harm in trying.[/QUOTE]
Price matches are handled as returns in BB's system for some reason. With their current return policy where you have to hand over your ID when doing a return WITH a receipt and them barring people from doing returns for 90 days if they reach a certain level of returns I wouldn't do too many returns/PM's unless you absolutely, positively MUST. Even then I would only do it on larger items versus just getting $5-10 back for a game that's gone down in price.:razz:

I don't seem to have my original AC:R receipt somehow. Will they accept a digital via email or from the rewards page..or look one up for me?

They PM'd for $40 and then I paid with a Giftcard and CC. Will they have a better copy so I can get $10 back?

Sweet, found my receipt in an email.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kylerg']I don't seem to have my original AC:R receipt somehow. Will they accept a digital via email or from the rewards page..or look one up for me?[/QUOTE]

They will look it up as long as you know the date and form of payment, or if it's tied to your RZ account.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']So the deals aren't online yet?[/QUOTE]

No, for some reason the deals for 12/25 aren't live yet on 12/23. Something must be wrong on their end.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']No, for some reason the deals for 12/25 aren't live yet on 12/23. Something must be wrong on their end.[/QUOTE]

Haha.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']No, for some reason the deals for 12/25 aren't live yet on 12/23. Something must be wrong on their end.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Probably. Better call customer service because they aren't processing my order.

Hopefully they give me a $10 gift card for my trouble. LOL

As has already been said::lol:

The thread title said Dec. 24th - 31st.

I asked that question during the time when Bestbuy updates the prices and do the sales.

Then I come back to see the title was edited.

Good going on being a smart ass.

AC Revelations ftw!

You think Toys R' Us will PM this deal? I've got a gift card there I haven't used yet. Asking because I've never done one at TRU before.

Wow we have some really dumb members on this board.

We should start a CAG stupidity thread like the Craigslist one we already have.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']The thread title said Dec. 24th - 31st.

I asked that question during the time when Bestbuy updates the prices and do the sales.

Good going on being a smart ass.[/QUOTE]
In most cases, sales run Sunday to Saturday. The only times they don't is usually Black Friday/Cyber Monday and any special 'one day' sales.

Otherwise the sale cycle is typically Sun-Sat without fail.

[quote name='Donut2922']Wow we have some really dumb members on this board.

We should start a CAG stupidity thread like the Craigslist one we already have.[/QUOTE]

You talkin to me there bub? :???:
My bad if you're talking about someone else but it feels like you're picking a fight here. If that's the case than I sincerely wish diarrhea upon you.

I wish I knew about this on thursday. Oh well I only paid $45 for MW3 at gamestop. It was $50, because of some unpleasantness with a gamestop.com order they knocked $5 off for me.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']The thread title said Dec. 24th - 31st.

Good going on being a smart ass.[/QUOTE]
The sale should go live tomorrow when the ad comes out.

[quote name='dino88']I just called TRU and they said they will price match Best Buy as long as you have the ad.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='AJVtony831']As far as I know TRU is price matching up until Xmas but not after xmas[/QUOTE]
[quote name='IronZombie']AC Revelations ftw!

You think Toys R' Us will PM this deal? I've got a gift card there I haven't used yet. Asking because I've never done one at TRU before.[/QUOTE]
I have those TRU coupons that were 50% off, so I want to use them mine as well, so I looked up their policy online.

The policy is to price-match the competitor's physical ad that has a defined item sale price (e.g., AC Revelations for $29.99 in BB ad).
The source I read also said, "Not all TRU stores are obligated to price match. Only stores who have direct competitors in the area will price match." So, it makes me think that any TRU [employees] can be douchey and deny a price-match if they felt like it.

Apparently, TRU doesn't have a direct link to their policy but someone who worked for TRU looked through the corporate intranet for information on their price-match policy (although this is a 2-year old link). You can read it all here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091114064049AAYK9u6

[quote name='IronZombie']You talkin to me there bub? :???:
My bad if you're talking about someone else but it feels like you're picking a fight here. If that's the case than I sincerely wish diarrhea upon you.[/QUOTE]

Is this guy bothering you? I've fought guys like him before.

[quote name='Donut2922']Wow we have some really dumb members on this board.

We should start a CAG stupidity thread like the Craigslist one we already have.[/QUOTE]

Are dumb members bothering you? I've fought dumb members like them before.

bread's done
Back