Bestbuy MW3/Zelda $39.99 & Revelations/JD3 $29.99 (Dec. 25-31)

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
In the December 25-31 ad bestbuy will have the following on sale:
Modern Warfare 3 (PS3/360) $39.99
Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) $39.99
Just Dance 3 (Wii/PS3/360) $29.99
Assassins Creed: Revelations (360/PS3) $29.99

Don't forget that purchases made between November 13 - December 25 are available to be pricematched, exchanged, and returned until Jan. 25

Also, because you can't host scans on CAG here is a link to the scan. Link.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dieresis']I have those TRU coupons that were 50% off, so I want to use them mine as well, so I looked up their policy online.

The policy is to price-match the competitor's physical ad that has a defined item sale price (e.g., AC Revelations for $29.99 in BB ad).
The source I read also said, "Not all TRU stores are obligated to price match. Only stores who have direct competitors in the area will price match." So, it makes me think that any TRU [employees] can be douchey and deny a price-match if they felt like it.

Apparently, TRU doesn't have a direct link to their policy but someone who worked for TRU looked through the corporate intranet for information on their price-match policy (although this is a 2-year old link). You can read it all here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091114064049AAYK9u6[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much why I was asking. As I said I've never tried a PM at TRU before so I'm not sure what to expect. All I could find about their policy was that they MIGHT PM physical ads but they could just as well refuse you. It's worth a shot I guess since I have a 20$ gift card I haven't used yet. 10$ AC Revelations would make me a very happy CAG. :applause:

^That's interesting because everytime I"ve inquired TRU has told me it doesn't price match anything other then TRU.com and certain baby items

[quote name='Donutkid2222']hey guys what was date you can price match through? I bought MW 3 on 11/12/2011.[/QUOTE]

"Don't forget that purchases made between November 13 - December 25 are available to be pricematched, exchanged, and returned until Jan. 25"

Where are the Skyrim sales? I was hoping to trade in Batman and AC:R to pick it up cheap somewhere. Though the trade-in value on AC:R is dropping off faster than a prom dress.

[quote name='willynatedgreat']where are the skyrim sales? I was hoping to trade in batman and ac:r to pick it up cheap somewhere. Though the trade-in value on ac:r is dropping off faster than a prom dress.[/quote]

$40 tru.

[quote name='willynateDgreat']Where are the Skyrim sales? I was hoping to trade in Batman and AC:R to pick it up cheap somewhere. Though the trade-in value on AC:R is dropping off faster than a prom dress.[/QUOTE]

With the upcoming bonus at BB. You should get a trade in around $56 for the two. You could then get BB to PM the $40 TRU price.

Almost that time :)

After getting MW3 i think im done until March 13th (Naruto Generations!). In addition to what I got before (posted on pg 3) I picked up Mass Effect 2 and Enslaved. Not to mention some Blu-rays: Harry potter 7 part 1 and 2, hangover 2, lion king, puss in boots, and rise of the planet of the apes. On top of a jordan skull cap and scarf(matches the Jordan 14's!), t-shirt that has stewie with a gold chain and sunglasses saying "Business Man", a sweater, and A tupac with angel wings t-shirt.

Had to trade in BF3, got annoying as hell shooting people in the face with shotguns and they dont lose health but shoot me one time and i die lol plus im tired of the big ass maps. Only paid 28 though, and trading it in 33.75 :); just wish i didnt purchase the damn Back to Karkand expansion!

Anybody wanna buy Deus Ex for PS3 for 25 w/ free shipping?

[quote name='kerouac kid']With the upcoming bonus at BB. You should get a trade in around $56 for the two. You could then get BB to PM the $40 TRU price.[/QUOTE]

Sounds perfect - Off there next week . . . Thanks CAG'ers.

[quote name='Az986']True but I think he was just going by the thread title and its hard to read an OP before you enter it. ;)

I thought the same thing at first.

Anyway, I might get Zelda.[/QUOTE]
Actually if you put your mouse/pointer over the thread you get an abbreviated version of the OP to pop up in many cases. But actually reading the OP of a thread will usually clear everything up.:booty: However, there must be quite a few folks who don't even do that anymore cuz there sure are a lot of 'confused' people on here who just ask questions covered in said OP ad nauseam till people answer them for them.:bomb:

[quote name='Gkage']Had to trade in BF3, got annoying as hell shooting people in the face with shotguns and they dont lose health but shoot me one time and i die lol plus im tired of the big ass maps. Only paid 28 though, and trading it in 33.75 :); just wish i didnt purchase the damn Back to Karkand expansion.[/QUOTE]

Ah man, bad move...the game is great. Although your problem would be frustrating. My buddy actually complains about the same crap you are, most likely due to his very high ping. You might want to check your connection. I personally never have problems and i only have 3mb down and .7mb up (DSL), but i usually run around 30 ping, give or take.

BTW - Someone mentioned SKYRIM being $30 this upcoming week...im guessing hes mistaken. I was thinking about using my $25 GC (got for x-mas) on MGS HD to make it $10, but i rather get SKYRIM if its on sale. Im a bit hesitant though cuz of the bugs im hearing about and a eventual GOTY edition.

Speaking of BF3, I wonder if anyone would want the online pass/Back To Karkand expansion pass that I have from my LE for like $10, since I never plan on playing the game online.

Mind ya, I still haven't tried to see if my old EA account(from Mercs 2;)) will let me get a pass to play BF1943 w/o needing the OL pass from BF3 to do so. I know some said there was a glitch that was allowing people access to it to DL it w/o needing the BF3 pass.

EDIT: Cool. I just redeemed the BF1943 voucher by entering my EA account info. Sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lude21']Ah man, bad move...the game is great. Although your problem would be frustrating. My buddy actually complains about the same crap you are, most likely due to his very high ping. You might want to check your connection. I personally never have problems and i only have 3mb down and .7mb up (DSL), but i usually run around 30 ping, give or take.

BTW - Someone mentioned SKYRIM being $30 this upcoming week...im guessing hes mistaken. I was thinking about using my $25 GC (got for x-mas) on MGS HD to make it $10, but i rather get SKYRIM if its on sale. Im a bit hesitant though cuz of the bugs im hearing about and a eventual GOTY edition.[/QUOTE]

Yea I think my ping is pretty horrible. I just checked it and it varies from 64-75. My download is 5.5 MB and upload is .64-.67 mb DSL. I wish I had 30 ping! lol I may switch to cable and get 15mb down 3mb up for 20 a month.

I'm holding out on Skyrim. I know it's tight, but Id rather have a relatively smooth experience with DLC included. I hate buying Add-on DLC; bought Back to Karkand and within 30 minutes of playing it had buyer's remorse.

Sale seems to be LIVE. Assassin's Creed Revelations shows up at $60 in the search listing but if you click it, it shows $30. Same for Zelda and MW3.

[quote name='electrichoney']Hmm.. Assassin's Creed Revelations is $30 for 360, but still $60 for PS3[/QUOTE]

Yeah the same thing is happening for MW3 for PS3, I'm sure it'll be fixed in a couple hours, at least I hope so...

[quote name='BamNanas']What time might this go live?[/QUOTE]

It's live right now, but MW3 and AC: R (PS3) are still at their regular prices. damn sony :twoguns:

Showing up as 30 for me (AC: R). Just hoping TRU will go along with that PM. I'll probably try it on Monday, doubt anyone working on Christmas is gonna be in the mood to PM anything LOL that is if the store is even open.

In regards to my earlier statement, I don't think Bestbuy is having a sale at all on the PS3 versions of AC:R and MW3, can anyone else confirm this?

Anyone who wants a sealed copy of MW3 for $38 shipped PM me.

I have about 4 in stock at the moment for the 360, and I think 3 for the PS3. :)

I ship first class USPS w/tracking number as well for anyone interested.

~
J Rokk

[quote name='J Rokk']Anyone who wants a sealed copy of MW3 for $38 shipped PM me.

I have about 4 in stock at the moment for the 360, and I think 3 for the PS3. :)

I ship first class USPS w/tracking number as well for anyone interested.

~
J Rokk[/QUOTE]

Oh so you are 1 of the suspects from the MW3 heist in Europe.
Interesting.... Lol j/k

I heard the first batch of AC:R for the PS3 gave vouchers for the first Assassin's Creed, does anyone know if they have run out? Or is it like the situation with BF3 LD and Rage's Anarchy Edition where there are still a bunch of copies.

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']saints row 3 for $34.99 is amazing.[/QUOTE]

Just FYI, BBY was selling it at $30 as the Deal of the Day promotion.

Also on the Buy 2 Get 1 free week, Saint's Row 3 was $40. If you buy 3 of them you can get it below $30.

Not sure how you describe "Amazing".

[quote name='foreinter']Just FYI, BBY was selling it at $30 as the Deal of the Day promotion.

Also on the Buy 2 Get 1 free week, Saint's Row 3 was $40. If you buy 3 of them you can get it below $30.

Not sure how you describe "Amazing".[/QUOTE]

Maybe he wasn't able to get in on any of those deals so seeing $35 compared to $60 is pretty amazing for a recent release. I bought the game at launch and after flipping it for a bf deal I've been itching to get it back at a decent price.

Massive backlog (which was added to thanks to gifts yesterday...not that I'm complaining) means I have to do some serious gaming before considering anything. Man, is $30 AC:Revelations is tempting...

[quote name='ck76']Massive backlog (which was added to thanks to gifts yesterday...not that I'm complaining) means I have to do some serious gaming before considering anything. Man, is $30 AC:Revelations is tempting...[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version of AC Revelations includes a free download of Assassin's Creed 1. So it's a better deal in my opinion.

[quote name='foreinter']The PS3 version of AC Revelations includes a free download of Assassin's Creed 1. So it's a better deal in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Be careful with that. Second print copies shipped to stores a month ago. Those do not include AC1.

[quote name='foreinter']Just FYI, BBY was selling it at $30 as the Deal of the Day promotion.

Not sure how you describe "Amazing".[/QUOTE]

I did the Buy2Get1 for 40, and then pMed them to 30 each :)

Not to threadjack but Target has MW3 for $39.99 as well plus they have a $10 off $50 coupon that is only valid through target.com. I had some other items that I needed to buy so it made MW3 $29.99 depending on how you look at it.

FYI, the 12 month XBL memberships are still stackable with AC:Rev for the $20 off. About an hour ago I purchased both for $72 including tax. Great deal.

[quote name='Master Troll']FYI, the 12 month XBL memberships are still stackable with AC:Rev for the $20 off. About an hour ago I purchased both for $72 including tax. Great deal.[/QUOTE]

Aren't the 12-month cards on sale for $40? $40 + $30 would be $70, or is the $40 sale not in-store? I was considering MW3 but I'd probably switch for AC:R if it included $20 off 12-month XBL.

[quote name='Foladar']Aren't the 12-month cards on sale for $40? $40 + $30 would be $70, or is the $40 sale not in-store? I was considering MW3 but I'd probably switch for AC:R if it included $20 off 12-month XBL.[/QUOTE]
The deal is $20 off a 12 month card with the purchase of a select game. AC:R is one of the games on the list.

EDIT: The 12 month cards are on sale for $40. My bad, though last week's sale was what I previously stated.

[quote name='Master Troll']The deal is $20 off a 12 month card with the purchase of a select game. AC:R is one of the games on the list.[/QUOTE]

Right, but with an extra $20 off, wouldn't it be $50 total? AC:R is $30, and the 12-month card is currently $40.

edit: nevermind, I see the edit now. MW3 it is.

[quote name='Namerson']I heard the first batch of AC:R for the PS3 gave vouchers for the first Assassin's Creed, does anyone know if they have run out? Or is it like the situation with BF3 LD and Rage's Anarchy Edition where there are still a bunch of copies.[/QUOTE]
If it's a first run copy it'll have a lil box on the front of the package saying that AC1 is a bonus.

Be warned though, as I believe my buddy who I bought AC:R for during the BF sales said that you still need the AC:R disc in the drive to run AC1. So if you plan on keeping AC1 on your HDD, then you'll have to keep AC:R as well.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If it's a first run copy it'll have a lil box on the front of the package saying that AC1 is a bonus.

Be warned though, as I believe my buddy who I bought AC:R for during the BF sales said that you still need the AC:R disc in the drive to run AC1. So if you plan on keeping AC1 on your HDD, then you'll have to keep AC:R as well.[/QUOTE]

Anybody know if the version with AC1 included has a different UPC barcode #?

bread's done
Back