BestBuy: Nintendogs and Cats 3DS $7.99 each Free ship

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I played with the french bulldog version from amazon lightning deal.

I think it'd be very hard to enjoy this if you're over the age of 12 or not a girl.

No offense, it's just not very adult-male friendly. I traded it in for profit at least. Found it fairly boring.

On the plus side, it's an easy way to get some club nintendo points!

Geez! I thought the Black Friday $10 sale was a score.
They're worth it for this price, but the lasting appeal isn't huge. I'm giving away a lot of 3DS gifts this year though... I guess everyone gets a copy of this too now.

golden retriever is a decent flip if you're in the market for a $40 game

8 x 3 = 24 + tx cost
11 x 3 x 1.5 = 49.5 credit

Seems to be double your money.

Hey, cool deal! I'm planning on getting my daughter a Metallic Rose 3DS whenever they're released at BestBuy. I mention this because there are actually two versions of the Metallic Rose 3DS being released in NA retail ($169.99):

One with a free copy of Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle & New Friends and another with Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog & New Friends. The Golden Retriever version isn't part of these bundles so I went ahead and snagged a copy of that (I like the dog mix in that version). If you want more info on which breeds are available in each version then check the official Featured Puppies & Kittens Nintendo page here.

Reading the Gamespot review, it seems like all versions have all breeds. It's just that each version has different breeds initially unlocked to start with. Eventually you'll unlock all of them.

[quote name='Romeo']Hey all, keep in mind best buy's B2G1 for gamers club members.[/QUOTE]
I thought that was for games $29.99 and over?

[quote name='neonglow']Reading the Gamespot review, it seems like all versions have all breeds. It's just that each version has different breeds initially unlocked to start with. Eventually you'll unlock all of them.[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of something....ah, yes: 2005! :) They did the same thing with the original Nintendogs. (kudos for Nintendo yet again not going the Pokemon route and requiring different versions to get 'em all)

Amazing price for these, online impressions sound like it's not the best use of 3-D and it's essentially the same thing as the previous incarnations, but still a great game to have for a portable system for those who enjoyed it the first time around.

I'm curious what you do with the cats, though. "Minka, come!"

[quote name='MechaGojira']I thought that was for games $29.99 and over?[/QUOTE]

I think he means the gamer zone club unlocked coupon that says games up to $39.99.

[quote name='MechaGojira']I thought that was for games $29.99 and over?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vashtheowner']I think he means the gamer zone club unlocked coupon that says games up to $39.99.[/QUOTE]

vash nailed it. If anyone wants to collect all three, they could be had for $16 total.

[quote name='neonglow']Reading the Gamespot review, it seems like all versions have all breeds. It's just that each version has different breeds initially unlocked to start with. Eventually you'll unlock all of them.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I forgot about that. Thanks! I looked it up and it's just a matter of playing the game for 31 days to unlock all the dogs in your copy or using Owner Points to unlock them.

Too bad there isn't more to having two copies of the game interact wirelessly. I guess for $8 it's still worth it to have my daughter have someone to get StreetPasses in Nintendogs with and trade items.

[quote name='jer7583']I played with the french bulldog version from amazon lightning deal.

I think it'd be very hard to enjoy this if you're over the age of 12 or not a girl.

No offense, it's just not very adult-male friendly. I traded it in for profit at least. Found it fairly boring.

On the plus side, it's an easy way to get some club nintendo points![/QUOTE]

was thinking of getting one of each version, but not sure if i want to anymore after reading that. Not sure if I will play it at all, since it just seems like a "virtual pet" simulator.

It doesn't matter which one you get because according to the game's FAQ at GameFAQs you can unlock all the breeds in each version of the game. Just play the game and you unlock a new breed every few days. Alternately you can use Owner Points in the game to unlock breeds.

$8 isn't a bad amount to gamble but definitely check out video reviews for it. I've seen a few and they're not far off in describing whether or not you'd dig these games or not.

Wow, at the rate BB and Target are going, we'll be finding 3DS games in the dumpsters behind the store soon enough.

[quote name='hellmutt']Forgive my ignorance, do 3DS games work in the regular non-3D Nintendo DS handheld?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

Don't bother trying the Disneyland Kinect glitch with this, doesn't work. They've wised up, damnit. Guess there'll be no unethical profiting for me.

Lol. Perhaps I didn't make that sound jokey enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BobbyTastic']Don't bother trying the Disneyland Kinect glitch with this, doesn't work. They've wised up, damnit. Guess there'll be no unethical profiting for me.[/QUOTE]

guess not:roll:

DEAD. Had a chance to purchase online last night but I decided to pick it up today during lunch. I shouldn't have waited because it's back up to $40. No thanks.

)-(

Damn was about to purchase this today, didn't pull the trigger last night as thought we were getting one of these as a pack in game. now I'm screwed on both fronts :(

bread's done
Back