Bestbuy selling used game....

racthamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Stopped by at Bestbuy in West Covina, CA. they had a bunch of used videogames for sale... never seen it before... the prices are not bad.. but i didnt' look through them all.. but kinda surprise to see 'em there.

Yes, they are trying this out. They have been selling used games at the Riverside store for a few months.

This is part of what BB is calling customer centricity. Right now, some locations have switched to this set-up with all BB's being this way by 2008. The stores that accept and sell used games are called "Ray" stores. These stores are supposed to cater more towarads blue collar, middle class customers. They accept trades on alot of electronics because "Ray" spends his money on quite a few electronics for his family, but hates to see newer, better things coming out so fast and wants to get some return value for his current stuff.

BB also has "Buzz" stores (the 20-35 guy crowd that has to have the newest and best),"Barry" (The middle aged version of Buzz with much more $$ to spend), and then there's "Jill" (the soccer mom who hates shopping for electronics, but her family likes them and she controls the checkbook). A BB that has been given its segment will still carry the same DVDs, VGs, iPods, but will have different stuff depending on the customer they are supposed to have more of and making each BB a little bit different.

My Best Buy must be considered "Gramps" because the only people that shop there are old and don't know jack shit about electronics.

[quote name='mtxbass1']My Best Buy must be considered "Gramps" because the only people that shop there are old and don't know jack shit about electronics.[/QUOTE]

::ROFL::

[quote name='pistonfan']This is part of what BB is calling customer centricity. [/QUOTE]

I've spotted a few types of employees:

Dick - Pesters you with the Extended Warentee BS.
Jane - Girl too bust talking with others to help you.
Alfred - When you ask if they have a game in stock, they replay, "I don't know, did you check the game section?"
Mr. X - The guy working the phones, who never answers.

[quote name='rallen']I've spotted a few types of employees:

Alfred - When you ask if they have a game in stock, they replay, "I don't know, did you check the game section?"
Mr. X - The guy working the phones, who never answers.[/QUOTE]
ROFLMAO

the west covina, ca store started last on the 14th. i was told that they take trade in on all used electronics, not just games. They will give you the value for the trade in at the customer service desk.

[quote name='rallen']I've spotted a few types of employees:

Mr. X - The guy working the phones, who never answers.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget:

Spot - Like a dog at your feet, won't leave you the fuck alone while you are perusing the inventory.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Don't forget:

Spot - Like a dog at your feet, won't leave you the fuck alone while you are perusing the inventory.[/QUOTE]

Or A-hole-thinks he knows it all, but doesn't know crap. Looks down at your purchases.

[quote name='vrs1650']Or A-hole-thinks he knows it all, but doesn't know crap. Looks down at your purchases.[/QUOTE]

this is fun.

How about:

Johnny- the guy with ice tips who is too busy bragging about his pimped out ride to other employees to help anyone.

Jimmy the Rat-- the guy who gets the manager whenever you try to use a printed coupon or try to buy a 1 cent guide

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']You forgot the "Cheap Ass" stores. :)[/QUOTE]

That's at every BBY... all they do is just throw out the ones they find to be "Cheap Asses" aka "Devils."

Or Ken - The guy you hear in the next aisle over trying to make a sale to the Grandparents -- "You bet it ken, it ken do anything you need it to"

Hippy Johnny-- it's probably his first day and probably his last day. He tries to help but is too burnt out to find anything in a timely matter.

Is it just me or is this turning into one of those jokes that people keep beating like a dead horse? Kind of like in Austin Powers when the guy gets his head taken off and Austin keeps going on about it?

bread's done
Back