BestBuy sending out $10 coupons for store closings in your area YMMV

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Just received an email saying a store is closing near me. They sent me a $10 coupon off my next visit. The codes are unique and one-time use, no minimum amount required.

My guess is if you're close to a store that is closing near you that's on the official list, they'll probably send you an email as well.

Official List of stores that are closing:
http://pr.bby.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=244152&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1683036&highlight=

Codes expire on June 2nd, 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JaylisJayP']I got one...you don't have to use it at the closing store, do you?[/QUOTE]

Nope, you can use it at any BestBuy.

The codes do expire on June 2nd though (Not sure if everyone has the same expiration date as mine).

Woohoo! I got the free $10 too.

CODE MUST BE REDEEMED BY June 2, 2012. Present this Code to the cashier at the time of purchase and the available balance will be applied toward your purchase. To redeem at BestBuy.com® enter the 16-digit code and PIN located above at checkout. Redeemable in any U.S. Best Buy retail location or online at BestBuy.com where available for merchandise or services, including Magnolia Home Theater ® and Geek Squad®. Code carries no service or administrative fees. Not redeemable for cash except where applicable by law. Lost, stolen or damaged Codes cannot be replaced. Not a credit or debit card. Not valid as a payment on Best Buy credit card. Not reloadable. Call 1-888-716-7994 with questions. All terms enforced except where prohibited by law.

I dropped by a store on the day they found out. They only had a few staff at the door who looked really bummed and they were passing these out to people that came up. They contained a unique gift code (counted as a gift card) which could only be used on the same day at another local store or online.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I got one, with an expiration date of June 2nd as well. Hopefully I can combine this with a gaming coupon to get a real deal :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, that would be awesome. I already used the used game coupon from this month's magazine...here's hoping next month offers another great coupon.

The bestbuy around me opened up just last year, I dont think they going to be closing any time soon, and I dont think they should close, they are pretty nice with their prices on their website.

So has anyone seen any great deals on anything at a closing store. Nothing better than 20% off at my closing store so far.

Yay no stores closing in my area! Better than a coupon imho since we don't have Fry's here and Newegg charges a ton for shipping. The only electronics/computer b&m I have left is Best Buy and Costco.

I was at bestbuy yesterday and I was at the video game area and the dude said we having 10%-20% off games and stuff cause they are closing, so I saw they have the batman arkham city CE for the 360 mark down to $48 so I grab one, he wouldn't let me get a ps3 cuz he said they was shipping whatever they have left to another bestbuy...

I was JUST about to post this too lol. See, reading the threads BEFORE posting does work! :)

Too bad I can't use it on my closing store to further discount the items I want...or CAN I? Hmmm...HSG Vita for $21.XX

Ugh. Kind of wish I hadn't seen this thread. Not only did I not get a coupon (too many stores around I guess), but I found out my favorite store is closing. It was the only one I could usually get a store pickup from and had decent employees. A rarity for Best Buy's in my area.

Sweet, didn't know you could redeem this online. I got one but the store closing in my area is actually pretty far from me and I have a couple others that are closer. Still sucks for the employees though.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Ugh. Kind of wish I hadn't seen this thread. Not only did I not get a coupon (too many stores around I guess), but I found out my favorite store is closing. It was the only one I could usually get a store pickup from and had decent employees. A rarity for Best Buy's in my area.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm which store are you talking about?

I did get a coupon BTW (I was actually going to post a heads up and found the thread), but my family members did not get a coupon.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Sweet, didn't know you could redeem this online.[/QUOTE]I think I need to point this out to anyone who might have missed it. This code is basically a free $10 gift card, and you can use it on anything at Bestbuy.com--you don't have to go to any of the stores recommended in the email.

I was finally able to order the complete collection for Code Geass R2 for in-store pickup at my local BBY (not the one that's closing :razz:) and with this code plus a $5 RZ certificate and a GC from my trade-ins, I paid nothing out of pocket. :bouncy:

[quote name='sykotek']I dropped by a store on the day they found out. They only had a few staff at the door who looked really bummed and they were passing these out to people that came up. They contained a unique gift code (counted as a gift card) which could only be used on the same day at another local store or online.[/QUOTE]

Employees were not informed if their stores would be closing or not until the quarterly meeting that happened in each store a couple hours before they opened. Those who worked the first shift had to do so only an hour after being told they were losing their jobs. It wasn't pretty.

Got the coupon while I was in my local closing store, employees of course had NO CLUE and they couldn't scan my phone, nor type in the codes.. finally had to have me log in and print out the coupon, which of course scanned just perfectly. (at first they tried to tell me "it only works at the other nearby stores, not here"-- amazing how they go from never having seen it to experts on the fine print!)

But it worked out ok, after about 15-20 minutes of going around in circles.

That said, the store is already pretty bare and anything good is LONG gone (most likely to other stores; this store never had a ton of traffic so I seriously doubt they've sold everything). I am hoping maybe for some gaming accessory clearances in the last week, if they even survive that long, but most of the games that they kept were the horribly overstocked ones.

[quote name='Justin42']Got the coupon while I was in my local closing store, employees of course had NO CLUE and they couldn't scan my phone, nor type in the codes.. finally had to have me log in and print out the coupon, which of course scanned just perfectly. (at first they tried to tell me "it only works at the other nearby stores, not here"-- amazing how they go from never having seen it to experts on the fine print!)

But it worked out ok, after about 15-20 minutes of going around in circles.

That said, the store is already pretty bare and anything good is LONG gone (most likely to other stores; this store never had a ton of traffic so I seriously doubt they've sold everything). I am hoping maybe for some gaming accessory clearances in the last week, if they even survive that long, but most of the games that they kept were the horribly overstocked ones.[/QUOTE]

Man, I can't believe the people who were about to lose their jobs weren't of the utmost help to an asshole with a coupon.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Man, I can't believe the people who were about to lose their jobs weren't of the utmost help to an asshole with a coupon.[/QUOTE]

I was actually incredibly polite and patient with them, but thanks for making wild assumptions. (my snarky comments were in my head) It works as much as a warning as anything to make sure to actually print it out since they can't type it in like almost every other BB coupon/RZ cert can be done.

I ended up getting the coupon email, but I really think I got it because I purchased from the closing store just last month & scanned my Reward Zone card. It's out of the way from where I usually shop.

Got my email yesterday. I live in Springfield, MO but a store I visited once in Kansas City closed so maybe that triggered it.

I bought a $15 GC (smallest available on BB.com) and paid for $10 of it with this promo code. There is nothing I currently want so at least the GC won't expire.

I don't live anywhere near the store that the online site classifies as my local store, but apparently it's closing and I got the $10 coupon :).

Got one of these. The hilarious thing is theyre closing the one across town and provided directions to an alternative 2 miles down the road from my house.

could we use it on pre orders...what should be better pre order halo 4 or borderlands 2 ...mmmmmm is any one informed of the bonuses yet :)

Best Buy's are closing????????????????????????

Now where will I have to show my DL to return something with a receipt, not get preorder DLC codes despite preordering well in advance and test all the new gadgets that I buy off of Amazon????????????????????????

I just looked at the list. It's kind of sad the Hickory Hollow store is closing because it was the first BB that I know of anywhere near this area. Not surprising though, the entire HH area has gone straight to hell over the years. It actually had come back up a little over the last few, but I guess not enough. It also didn't help that they had the brilliant idea to move from a great, highly visible location to a crappy, hidden, back in the corner and down the hill one. And why did they make this move, you ask? To... wait for it... compete with Circuit City. I kid you not.

got one, my store (Moreno Valley, Ca) closes on May 12. Sad that it was a perfect location for Black Friday :( oh well at least my city has another Best Buy

What was the subject line for the email?

BB has no problems sending plenty of emails to fill out surveys, but it's apparently impossible with gifts. This just follows suit with leaving me off their free holiday RZ certs. Oh well. Still hope they stick around for some sort of retail competition.

Got an email about a best buy $10 gift card. Turned out to be an offer for $10 GC with Max Payne 3 preorder. Damn you BB.

[quote name='Hibiwa']What was the subject line for the email?

BB has no problems sending plenty of emails to fill out surveys, but it's apparently impossible with gifts. This just follows suit with leaving me off their free holiday RZ certs. Oh well. Still hope they stick around for some sort of retail competition.[/QUOTE]

Subject line reads: "$10 off your next purchase"

bread's done
Back