Bestbuy stores selling Street Fighter 4 fightpads (X360 Only - PS3 Available Online)

vash12881

CAG Veteran
I read in a gamefaqs forum last night that scertain bestbuy stores were carrying the madcatz fightpads for street fighter 4 (39.99). so i went to my local bestbuy (newark, de) and asked game department employee to check and sure enough they had 4 out of the 5. ken, ryu, chun-li and blanka. i bought all but ryu and came home and canclled fightpads from site i preordered from. call bestbuy and give them sku # 9176027 (xbox 360 version).

Thanks OP, I'll check with my Best Buy tomorrow. I really want to play my copy of MK v DCU, especially as the Joker, but I can't stand it on the regular controllers.

Thanks for the heads-up. Went to Best Buy and they had these right on the shelf for sale. I picked up the Ryu one, which I can also use for PC emulator games. That's one reason I'm actually glad the 360 version is wired.

edit: I haven't read this whole thread, but thought I would mention that there is a toggle switch on this controller to have the d-pad function as either left analog stick, right analog stick or, of course, d-pad.

[quote name='depascal22']Oasisboy, stop being a retard.

You can use this for HDRemix, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, Guilty Gear, KOF 02, KOF Neowave, etc.....
[/quote]

The first thing I will say is that I never call people names, I have high standards. Are you sure that this pad works for all those games that you mention? Source?

[quote name='blk00civicsi'] No need to share your opinion with the rest of us who are interested in the deal.[/quote]

MSRP + tax = not a deal, enough said.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']wow, you are a giant douchebag.[/quote]

Another meaningful post. And I am accused of trolling :roll:

[quote name='ninja dog']why does Oasisboy thread crap in every deal thread? [/quote]

Giving points of view and ideas is not "thread crap". You might disagree with me and vice versa but everyone is entitled to their point of view.

[quote name='joshnorm']Wasn't it a great deal when people could go get GoW2 and CoD: WaW before street date at 7-11?

Samething. I will be on the look out for these.[/quote]

In my opinion a street date being broken is not a deal and will never be.

[quote name='B:L']1. Maybe he got burned posting a shitty thread and this is some passive-aggressive bullshit? Who knows, but the mods should take care of it.

2. Thanks for the heads up, OP. I went to my local Best Buys though and had no luck. Well, the first one I asked at the games dept and they gave me an outright "NO" and walked away...

3. even though the douchebag didn't even look.

4. even though checking the employee store inventory shows 4 in stock. :roll:

[/quote]

1. Another meaningful comment.

2. You sir just wasted $$$ on gas thanks to the OP :lol:

3.Douchebag? Show some respect for the employee.

4. Maybe the inventory shows 4 in stock and you didn't get one because they don't want to break the street date? :lol:

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Thx op.. but oasis is right. This is retail price. It belongs more in the STREET FIGHTER 360/PS3 thread rather than a video game deal. Its not really a "deal..."[/quote]

Finally someone with common sense like me.

[quote name='akashhhhh']You like Portishead and your name is "Oasisboy," your opinion about everything is irrelevant.[/quote]

And more meaningful comments...

[quote name='CocheseUGA']1. Getting something before 'street date' may be a better deal to some people than getting $5 off...which is a lot of the pre-order threads have been about lately.

2. Should we post that Target has Halo Wars for MSRP? No. But this is different.[/quote]

1. Unfortunately the odds of getting something before street date are almost slim to none.

2. Why wouldn't you post Halo Wars at MSRP, maybe someone wants the game before the official release date, why is this different? I still disagree with broken street dates as deals.

If a moderator thinks I am trolling then delete this along with the other comments about my character. I just have to defend my points of view from those that just replied with the "you are stupid" comments.

[quote name='oasisboy']and what are you going to do with the pad if the game is not out yet? :lol:

Since when a street date being broken is a deal?[/quote]Hey, how about you stop being a dick?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Getting something before 'street date' may be a better deal to some people than getting $5 off...which is a lot of the pre-order threads have been about lately.

Should we post that Target has Halo Wars for MSRP? No. But this is different.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. I'm waaaay more interested in just getting this controller than saving a few dollars... The sooner I can actually enjoy playing 2D games on the 360 the better.

Wow, thanks a bunch. These look just like what I need. I really don't need a big arcade fighting pad.

Edit: Wow, Oasis is a douche who should be banned a week for trolling. The sooner you grow up, the better for the rest of us.

If you all feel like wasting money on gas by going to Best Buy then feel free. Seriously, how many of you have found this "deal" thread useful? How many of you have found this fight pad at your local Best Buy? 4 people (including OP) for 3 pages of posts?

I rest my case and if you think I am trolling please stop calling me names.

[quote name='oasisboy']If you all feel like wasting money on gas by going to Best Buy then feel free. Seriously, how many of you have found this "deal" thread useful? How many of you have found this fight pad at your local Best Buy? 4 people (including OP) for 3 pages of posts?

I rest my case and if you think I am trolling please stop calling me names.[/QUOTE]

Whoa no! It's gonna cost me 50 cents to drive to Best Buy :roll:

[quote name='oasisboy']If you all feel like wasting money on gas by going to Best Buy then feel free. Seriously, how many of you have found this "deal" thread useful? How many of you have found this fight pad at your local Best Buy? 4 people (including OP) for 3 pages of posts?

I rest my case and if you think I am trolling please stop calling me names.[/QUOTE]

Congrats, you are now the king of whatever room you are currently sitting in.

I tried the controller on Castle Crashers and it works well. The d-pad feels a little loose, but it's much better than the standard controller d-pad. As I mentioned earlier, the d-pad can also serve as the left or right analog stick, so any games where you say use the left analog stick to control and don't use the d-pad, this controller would work.

Last edited by a moderator:
True.

Yeah, lets get some impressions! I'm gonna try and get one tomorrow. exciting.

In some ways, I'm looking forward to working DPads just as much as SFIV. Right on time for Sonic Genesis Collection too :)

Question... how is this a deal, is it 10% off? You'll see these controllers on clearance somewhere 3 months from now.

yeah when i got to bestbuy this morning i had the clerk look up the sku# and she went into the back to get the four. the sku is the sku for all four controllers and each controller is just listed under that same sku. oooh and oasisboy i know it not a deal cuz its the same price as amazon you moron i was just letting my fellow cag's that bestbuy was selling the sticks in advance.

so 360 gets the inferior version wired? that blows, I still have the original one's back when SF:AC launched the pads are ok not as good as old school saturn pads

The chun li and akuma ones looks great, sure these will have some value down the road

[quote name='CaoPi']so 360 gets the inferior version wired? that blows, I still have the original one's back when SF:AC launched the pads are ok not as good as old school saturn pads

The chun li and akuma ones looks great, sure these will have some value down the road[/QUOTE]

Those PS2 pads were made by Nyko and were so-so. These are by madcatz and are supposed to be the best D-pad for the system.

I still have my Akuma PS2 pad somewhere....

Well, I found the heads-up useful, and I appreciate the OP sharing. I'm gonna drop by Best Buy later and check it out.

Sure, it's a YMMV deal, but aren't there many others like that in here? Geez, some people need to grow up.

I preordered this 360 fightpad from gamestop and just received it today. The website shows Akuma, but they sent me Ken. Oh well. I just tried it on SSF2T HD and it works as it should. The D-pad, although big, is much more accurate than the stock 360 pad. However, there is one weird thing about this pad; the LT and RT buttons don't work in the dashboard. So if your profile password includes any of these buttons, prepare to change it to LB or RB. The RT and LT button works during the game though. Very weird. Overall, it's pretty good. Still wish it's wireless however. Damn you MS!

[quote name='robot']Got one at Bestbuy in Staten Island, thanks OP.

Just ask someone to check in the back, they had Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li according to a friend of mine.[/quote]

Nice thanks...I will have to head out there and grab 2 tom.

saw a 3 controllers at pasadena BB, Ryu, Chun-li, and Blanka, would have bought them but did'nt have any money

[quote name='ZForce']Has anyone found these in Southeast WI yet? I checked the Best Buy in Brookfield, didn't find any, although I didn't know the SKU number at the time.[/QUOTE]

the Best Buy in Kenosha had them out on Saturday. They look good but I already have too many 360 controllers as it is so I passed on them

[quote name='PikaPichu']Has anyone tested these on the PC yet? I'm looking forward to getting one myself.[/quote]

Don't quote me on this, but from what I've read so far, the 360 ones should work fine on PCs, but not the PS3 ones. Yep, just like the respective original controllers.

Thanks OP...got my Chun-Li pad at the Rockville, MD BB :D. They still had the Ryu and Blanka ones left when I was there.

Thx OP i found this tread very useful... picked up a controller last night.

The pro to this info is.. being able to get the color and style of the pad you want, beside not waiting for release and being sold out or being left w/ something you don't want.. yea go ahead and order online to save $2 and then get the controller a week after you picked up the game.

I am using this w/ SSFIITHDR.. and it works great.

Last edited by a moderator:
A best buy in Chicago had the 360 ones listed but I personally didn't see them. They didn't have anything on the Ps3 ones at all.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I preordered this 360 fightpad from gamestop and just received it today. The website shows Akuma, but they sent me Ken. Oh well. I just tried it on SSF2T HD and it works as it should. The D-pad, although big, is much more accurate than the stock 360 pad. However, there is one weird thing about this pad; the LT and RT buttons don't work in the dashboard. So if your profile password includes any of these buttons, prepare to change it to LB or RB. The RT and LT button works during the game though. Very weird. Overall, it's pretty good. Still wish it's wireless however. Damn you MS![/quote]

hey im the OP and i have no problem with the buttons on dashboard. all i had to do is when i play sf2hdr is go into controller setttings and change the the face buttons to fierce punch and fierce kick. after i left game i exited to dashboard and tested all buttons again. it works.

Thanks OP. I'm planning on swinging by BB while I'm out today. I'll cancel my preorder if I can score the controller ~2 weeks early.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I preordered this 360 fightpad from gamestop and just received it today. The website shows Akuma, but they sent me Ken. [/quote]

The GS website clearly states that you will get a random character instead of just Akuma. Going into a store is the only way to get the character you really want.

Anyone found a Fightpad in North Carolina? I have one on pre-order from Amazon, but I expect to get it in March :(

A friend of mine got one yesterday. They are fantastic!

Edit: The Best Buy in Castleton, IN had one of each for 360. Not sure about PS3.

[quote name='CheapyD']Give it a rest, oasisboy. That is all.[/quote]

One thing that I would suggest Cheapy is that people need to stop using disrespectful names whenever there is a disagreement. I notice this quite a lot in this board. Have you seen how many name calling has been thrown around me? If you hate my comments fine, we can all agree to disagree, but what is the deal with the name calling?

[quote name='Chacrana']Because you're a douche and nobody likes you.[/QUOTE]

And you got this way because you do this in EVERY SINGLE THREAD you don't consider to be a deal. If you don't think it belongs here, PM a mod and be done with it. Instead of acting like a child.

[quote name='oasisboy']One thing that I would suggest Cheapy is that people need to stop using disrespectful names whenever there is a disagreement. I notice this quite a lot in this board. Have you seen how many name calling has been thrown around me? If you hate my comments fine, we can all agree to disagree, but what is the deal with the name calling?[/quote]
Then stop acting like an idiot. For more information, please refer to:
[quote name='CheapyD']Give it a rest, oasisboy. That is all.[/quote]

just stopped by the one in bailleys crossroads (outside DC) - they said they will not sell it until the game comes out. what a ass****.

Picked up mine, they had them in the back (only received 4 total) employee bought the Ken, I bought the Ryu

I notice it has a switch to turn the Directional pad into a left/right analog stick, and it has turbo buttons, can this actually be used in COD:WaW, to turbo shoot, like u have a moded controler?

If anyone finds them in Northern Virginia - let me know. I checked the BB website but they are not listed so I can't see what's in stock.

bread's done
Back