Bestbuy stores selling Street Fighter 4 fightpads (X360 Only - PS3 Available Online)

vash12881

CAG Veteran
I read in a gamefaqs forum last night that scertain bestbuy stores were carrying the madcatz fightpads for street fighter 4 (39.99). so i went to my local bestbuy (newark, de) and asked game department employee to check and sure enough they had 4 out of the 5. ken, ryu, chun-li and blanka. i bought all but ryu and came home and canclled fightpads from site i preordered from. call bestbuy and give them sku # 9176027 (xbox 360 version).

Any word on how these perform with other XBLA games, like Pac-Man and Mega Man 9? I want better directional control, and I don't necessarily want to invest in an expensive joystick.

[quote name='zsciaeount']Any word on how these perform with other XBLA games, like Pac-Man and Mega Man 9? I want better directional control, and I don't necessarily want to invest in an expensive joystick.[/QUOTE]

I tried it on Lumines and it felt great. I'd imagine it'd work great for any other XBLA game that could benefit from a better D-pad.

Well I checked the system at work today and I could not find a single store in my District *Michigan* that was going to have any SF4 Tournament Edition Sticks IN STORE. All stores stated Not Carried By Location. The sticks are online only and they will not be sold in the stores from what it appears. The only thing that may be possible would be once the sticks have shipped, you may be able to do Customer Fulfillment or a Sold Order at the store for any extra sticks remaining in the local warehouse. Even if you do this... it is NOT A GUARANTEE that you will be getting a stick until the warehouse has physically shipped the item to the store for you. They can no pick the item if they do not physically have any of them available even though the system said that they did. I also have not seen any PS3 controllers come into any of the stores company-wide. Hopefully that keeps everyone updated.

Any indicators has how rare these controllers will be?

Should I rush and buy them now, or can I wait for a price drop to $25 or below?

As of 8PM there was a Chun Li gamepad at the Lake Forest, CA Best Buy. Looked like the last one they had. Didn't buy it since I think I'm gonna get the low end stick.

Based on what I have seen. This appears that their will be only 1 shipment. If they re-release them, they may get one more but even MarkMan said buy them now. I don't forsee anyone discounting these controllers. Demand is far too high for them to be discounted. I mean think about it this way. If each Best Buy store only got 4 controllers and they have around 1,000 stores. That means 4,000 controllers total for Best Buy's allotment. 1,000 per specific character. Then take into account gamestop, amazon, and whoever else. I would say... 10-15,000 controllers per character total estimated. Could be more or less than that I don't know.

[quote name='zsciaeount']Any word on how these perform with other XBLA games, like Pac-Man and Mega Man 9? I want better directional control, and I don't necessarily want to invest in an expensive joystick.[/quote]

Bingo. When I heard about these the first thing that came to my mind was Pac-Man Championship XBLA. And Bomberman Live. And Frogger. And Galaga, Joust, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, and Soul Calibur IV, and I'm going to get one tomorrow.

Stupid BB said they had zippy.

Of course I will check tomorrow to be sure since I am sure they checked the website.

Might have to pick up two tomorrow if they have them.

[quote name='GuardianE']Amazon says otherwise:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Stre..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1234277897&sr=8-3

And strangely enough, they list Blanka separately from the others (you can't select him from the product description instantly). But in any case, it seems like all of them are available for both systems.[/quote]

Well it must be an Amazon/Gamestop exclusive then because all I can tell you is Akuma is not shown on the back of the box of the pad I bought at BB for joe2187.

If the store has them, but not yet put out, will they show up as being in inventory on the in store kiosk? I was at my BB yesterday, but I was checking for the PS3 versions, of which I hear they may not get now. I didn't think to check for the 360 versions. I would really like to get it at BB if possible, since I have a $10 certificate coming from the gamer's club.

[quote name='Mindzeye82']I wonder why BB and gamestop seem to be the only one's selling them (why not walmart and targets)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm also surprised by this.

[quote name='bluehat9']Has anyone been able to find a PS3 version in a store and not online?[/quote]

i would also like to know the answer to this question.

[quote name='Hellacious']Based on what I have seen. This appears that their will be only 1 shipment. If they re-release them, they may get one more but even MarkMan said buy them now. [/quote]

I thought the same thing - but my store has already got another shipment of them and they are on the planogram - so that means they plan on having them, and getting shipments for some time now.

edit - we got 2 shipments of 4 for the 360. The PS3 version does not appear active in the system yet. No idea why, but thats whats going on.

[quote name='fuss']I thought the same thing - but my store has already got another shipment of them and they are on the planogram - so that means they plan on having them, and getting shipments for some time now.

edit - we got 2 shipments of 4 for the 360. The PS3 version does not appear active in the system yet. No idea why, but thats whats going on.[/quote]

Its because their D-Pad doesn't suck

Oddly enough, Amazon seems to be out of stock for some of their 360 fightpads (PS3 ones are all in stock).
Kinda glad that I pre-ordered 'em all from them a few weeks back...even if they are going to eventually restock.

i got a ken fightpad at mansfield yesterday..thanks op.. theres ryu and chun li left... why dont you guys just call and ask if they have them.. a simple phone call saves so much time.. well.. i guess there are sometimes employees that dont know what you're talking about

[quote name='elitetran07']i got a ken fightpad at mansfield yesterday..thanks op.. theres ryu and chun li left... why dont you guys just call and ask if they have them.. a simple phone call saves so much time.. well.. i guess there are sometimes employees that dont know what you're talking about[/QUOTE]

Look at the OP and look for the SKU and tell whatever dumbass employee you get on the phone to punch it into the computer. Makes things even easier.

In my case, no one picked up the phone (not surprised) so I just went anyways and picked up both Ken and Ryu.

Woot, I got the Ken fightpad today.

I go to my BB and asked the guy to go look in the back. He checks his computer and shows me the fightpad page and says they are not in stock. I say they won't show up in the computer but you have a box of 4 pads in the back. He says he knows every box in the back, he doesn't need to look. He checks the other local stores and says they don't have any in stock either. I snort and walk out. Drove to the other BB and there they are hanging on the rack with a label "New SFIV Fightpads". They only had two left and I only wanted the Ken, woo-hoo, he was hiding behind the Chun-Li. Just for giggles I had a guy look them up on his computer with the sku and they didn't show up in stock. I was this close to driving back to the first BB and showing that employee the fightpad and BB receipt and tell him to humor the customer next time.

You are going to have to force a BB employee to go in the back and look for the case. The packaging is sweet. The floating Dpad is really nice, I've never seen one so big and well floaty. I gotta go play SSFIITHDR.

Just picked up the last Ken FightPad left at my BB! It's nice... reminds me of the old ASCII FightPads. But it's for player 2... I've got my TE stick for numero uno ;)

some great news, folks. after ONE day of use my pad does not get recognized by ANY of the usb ports on my 360, my friend's 360, or my PC.

dead. after one day.

welcome back, mad catz! i've missed you so.

[quote name='TypeSH']some great news, folks. after ONE day of use my pad does not get recognized by ANY of the usb ports on my 360, my friend's 360, or my PC.

dead. after one day.

welcome back, mad catz! i've missed you so.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I kinda wanted Mad Catz to prove all the haters wrong, myself included, I've NEVER bought a Mad Catz product before the Fight Pad, but it seems like a few (not a lot mind you, some people like exaggerating) are having problems which is unfortunate for a company with already a bad image. This only exacerbates that image.

I've had mine for 2 days and have already put in about 8-10 hours of play into HD Remix after spending the $15 to DL it right after I came home from BB with the pad with absolutely no problems.

I guess go return it?

Mine's working fine after a few days. A few products will always be faulty no matter what. TypeSH's smack-talking is really unnecessary.

[quote name='TypeSH']some great news, folks. after ONE day of use my pad does not get recognized by ANY of the usb ports on my 360, my friend's 360, or my PC.[/quote]

I read the instructions and they were adamant that if the controller doesn't work, make sure the break-away is very snug. Just a suggestion. You can take it back but I guess they won't have a replacement. :-({|=

[quote name='eastx']Mine's working fine after a few days. A few products will always be faulty no matter what. TypeSH's smack-talking is really unnecessary.[/QUOTE]

smack-talking? these and the sticks are what had people hoping madcatz had a change of heart. just telling people not to get their hopes up. this is madcatz we're talking about here.

[quote name='TypeSH']smack-talking? these and the sticks are what had people hoping madcatz had a change of heart. just telling people not to get their hopes up. this is madcatz we're talking about here.[/QUOTE]

That's not a warning, you're being a drama queen.

They had 2 in stock at the Fargo, ND best buy. I picked up the Blanka pad so there may still be a Ryu pad available.

they had Ryu and Blanka at the Colonial Heights, VA Best Buy but they're now a Ryu short. I wish they had Ken though but we have to settle sometimes.

[quote name='zuldane']anyone know when Gamestop/EB will have these in stock? Never found any at BB[/quote]

I've gone and asked at a few local stores. One manager told me to just keep checking everyday:roll::roll:. Other employees were simply clueless...

Went to the BB out in Wellington, Fl. Had Chun-li, Blanka, Ryu and Ken. I hastily picked up both Ryu and Ken. Woot! No Akuma though, I guess he hasn't been unlocked yet ;)

[quote name='h3ro']The 360 version is wired, the PS3 is wireless via a USB dongle.[/quote]
Been googling for an answer for the last couple of days & I've found it. Unfortunately, its something I didn't want to hear...

yea it stinks. why not make a USB dongle wireless one for 360 as well? MS won't license out it's own wireless tech, do they not allow any type of wireless tech?

Went to the Antioch, TN location and had 1 each of Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, and Blanka.

Picked up a Ken one for now...no $ to buy 2..lol

Thanks OP!

[quote name='UjnHunter']yea it stinks. why not make a USB dongle wireless one for 360 as well? MS won't license out it's own wireless tech, do they not allow any type of wireless tech?[/quote]

The only wireless third-party controllers Microsoft allows to be licensed are music instrument controllers.

just exchanged my dead ken pad for a blanka, still had the other 3 at my BB.

hopefully this one will last. it's a good controller for fighting games and XBLA games alike.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The only wireless third-party controllers Microsoft allows to be licensed are music instrument controllers.[/quote]

Microsoft needs to fix their priorities...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Picked up Blanka last night at Westminster Mall...the pad is sick...it definitely improved my gaming experience.[/QUOTE]

PS3 or Xbox?

Helpful info from the BB website:

Fight Pad SKU #'s:
Ken (360): 9220363
Ken (PS3): 9220416
Ryu (360): 9220336
Ryu (PS3): 9220407
Chun Li (360): 9220354
Chun Li (PS3): 9220372

Tournament Stick SKU #'s:
Xbox 360: 9203328
PS3: 9203364

Employees can check in RSS in-store with the SKU #'s and see if other stores in the area have them in-stock. They can also get the SKU # by looking up the product by name, though the SKU # up-front makes it quicker.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back