Bestbuy stores selling Street Fighter 4 fightpads (X360 Only - PS3 Available Online)

vash12881

CAG Veteran
I read in a gamefaqs forum last night that scertain bestbuy stores were carrying the madcatz fightpads for street fighter 4 (39.99). so i went to my local bestbuy (newark, de) and asked game department employee to check and sure enough they had 4 out of the 5. ken, ryu, chun-li and blanka. i bought all but ryu and came home and canclled fightpads from site i preordered from. call bestbuy and give them sku # 9176027 (xbox 360 version).

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Dude, you're gonna have to lower your price on your used/opened Blanka pad. There are 4 other Blanka Fightpads brand new with no bids and listed for less than your used pad. 54 bucks used?[/QUOTE]

Demand > Supply. It just sold :)

Fawk. Spoke too soon. Pretty sure my button-mashing roommate broke my Ryu pad. Can't do dragon punches from the 1st player position, always comes out as a fireball now. Lame. Well, he won't be playing with me anymore.

If the pad was messed up, you wouldn't be able to do either I would think.

Or is it just that the forward it sticking?

Maybe try a couple different methods of DP inputs, like F, d d/f punch, then F d F punch?

[quote name='heavyd853']If the pad was messed up, you wouldn't be able to do either I would think.

Or is it just that the forward it sticking?

Maybe try a couple different methods of DP inputs, like F, d d/f punch, then F d F punch?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure. It works from the 2-player position fine, I can jab dragon punch all the way across the screen without a pause. But from the 1-player position, as soon as I try I only throw fireballs.

EDIT: Hmm. I took it out of the packaging again to try it again. Seems to be working again. I can do the QCF motion no problem from either side again. I guess the thing just needed to be reset for whatever reason.

EDIT 2: I take that back. For whatever reason when I dragon punch with Ryu and ONLY Ryu from the 1-player position I'm hit and miss with the QCF motion for some reason. I tried it with Ken, Sagat, Cammy no problem. I can Dragon punch, Tiger Uppercut and Front kick my way across the screen from the 1-player position without a pause. But for whatever reason, I periodically throw a fireball with Ryu...wtf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just go back from BB and I was lucky enough to find a Blanka pad, I'm so happy now because when I went there 3 days ago they couldn't find any but claimed to have 4 in stock. Now if only my SFIV would get here I'd be good.

Went to the BB in Williamsburg and found one each of the four 360 pads in stock, but no sign of the PS3 pad, which is the one I need. I went ahead and bought the Ryu controller to trade for the PS3 version. (Unlikely event, I know...)

I just sold my extra Blanka one for $125, it's crazy... I didn't need two pads anywya, I have the SCIV stick, so my guests can have a choice...

Bought one, tried it, sold it back. Was decent but not worth $40.

I'm kicking myself now. Not because I want it, but because people are paying stupid money for the thing.

Wow these pads are going for crazy amounts on ebay. I still have the two I bought awhile ago sealed. Are these limited edition or something?

[quote name='Popnmusic']Wow these pads are going for crazy amounts on ebay. I still have the two I bought awhile ago sealed. Are these limited edition or something?[/QUOTE]

My advice is sell them before madcatz makes more!

A heads up in case anyone can't find the PS3 version - there are Sega Saturn USB controllers for sale from a number of vendors on eBay. They work on any system that is HID compatible, including the PS3. And whether they are official goods from Sega or bootlegs, they work just as well as the phenomenal official Saturn controllers. You can find an all black controller for around $30 shipped, with different colors going for more. And if they sell out (as they did earlier this week), they'll come back into stock fairly quickly. I just got a white with/multi-colored buttons controller for $29.95 shipped.

So, not a complete replacement, but a pretty darn good alternative if you can't find the Madcatz pad.

(Here's a thread on NeoGAF about them)

folks, check your gamestops.

2 stores here each got a shipment of ONE controller. yes, only ONE. one got it saturday, one got it yesterday.

call up your stores.

Called a bunch of GameStops and Best Buys here in Maryland today, none of them had any or had gotten a new shipment in recently =(

If anybody manages to find someone selling them in Maryland, let me know.

[quote name='jeebert']Looks like all the Best Buys in the Twin Cities area are cleaned out:([/quote]
yea and when I first saw them in the store 2 weeks or so ago I almost bought a set of 4.

My bro got the Ryu 360 Fightpad but wants to return it because he was able to get a SE Fightstick last night. Everything works fine and is in good condition.

PM me if anyone wants it at cost + shipping + paypal fees. I'll include the Best Buy receipt too.

I also have an extra x360 Madcatz fightpad (sealed). First CAG to pm me will get it for $55.00 shipped (my cost, since I paid shipping for it). Only one catch is that you must have an itrader rating of at least 10.

[quote name='KingBroly']After about a week of play everyday (1-2 hours a day) the d-pad doesn't recognize actions about 20-30% of the time when doing moves involving diagonals. In the clutch, it gets much worse I'm afraid.[/quote]

Broly you need to register your pad on madcatz.com and call them for a warranty replacement man. That is just screwed up. You must have gotten the worst pad in that batch.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Broly you need to register your pad on madcatz.com and call them for a warranty replacement man. That is just screwed up. You must have gotten the worst pad in that batch.[/quote]

Agreed. People are acting like this is normal and just returning it. We've seen that Madcatz quality control is crap with this run... that's not how it was designed. They're simply faulty units.

Mine has been working flawlessly for over a week now and I've put in at least 15 hours on the thing thus far.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Broly you need to register your pad on madcatz.com and call them for a warranty replacement man. That is just screwed up. You must have gotten the worst pad in that batch.[/quote]

Well...I called yesterday and they didn't quiz me about registering it and they're going to replace/fix it. That is...if they send me the shipping label. They said I'd have it by noon tomorrow because they're behind because of the amount of calls they've gotten.

I have no idea why :roll:

People who are buying this off of Ebay for $200 are retarded. Mad Catz already stated that they are going to be putting out more sticks and pads in March.

MSRP drops except some tv's and DVDs

:ps2:
All Star Cheer Squad - 29.99
Are You Smater than 5th Grader - 14.99
Mark of Kri - 21.00 (dumb ass edition)
MLB 08 - 19.99
Spongebob Globs - 19.99

:ps3:
MLB 08 - 39.99
Saints Row 2 CE - 59.99

:ds:
All Star Cheer Squad - 19.99
Little League WS - 19.99
WWE SD VS RAW 09 - 19.99

:wii:
5th Graded make the grade - 19.99
Deblob - 39.99
Spongebob Globs - 29.99
WWE SD VS RAW 09 - 39.99

:360:
Scene it 2 Bundle - 39.99
Scene it 2 -29.99
Saints Row 2 CE - 59.99
TNT Impact - 19.99

SYLVANIA 15" LCD DVD Combo - 82.00 upc 053818680421(Down from 329.99)
Sharp 20 " LCD - 200.00 upc 074000363809 (Down from 399.99)

I have a friend in NH who just picked up a Blanka pad for me at the Manchester Best Buy and said they still had a few pads left (don't know if they were all Blanka or what). If anyone's in the area they might want to check it out.

Just got my Akuma pad I ordered last month. The only game I've tested it in is MK v DCU on the 360, and it doesn't seem to want to recognize my diagonals in any direction. Should I contact MadCatz or something?

[quote name='chrisflyer']I found a PS3 Blanka today at Gamestop. It was the only one for either system.[/QUOTE]

Found a PS3 blanka too. If anyone wants to trade for different PS3 one, let me know.

[quote name='Flak']Just got my Akuma pad I ordered last month. The only game I've tested it in is MK v DCU on the 360, and it doesn't seem to want to recognize my diagonals in any direction. Should I contact MadCatz or something?[/quote]

Hmm, I'd say try it with the demo of Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. And with any of the Contra games. If it won't recognize it in the games they were intended for use with (mainly 2D fighting or classic arcade), then I think there's something wrong with your fightpad.

I just noticed the other day that the 10.00 off 75.00 coupon floating around in this thread is for Feb. 2008. Now I know why the two times I used it they couldn't get it to scan and had to manually take off the 10. The last time the chick even had a manager come over and check it out, but neither could figure it out.

[quote name='typeRJ']Hmm, I'd say try it with the demo of Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. And with any of the Contra games. If it won't recognize it in the games they were intended for use with (mainly 2D fighting or classic arcade), then I think there's something wrong with your fightpad.[/quote]

Also the pads have a button on the back which allows you to select if you wish for the D-Pad to act as the traditional D-Pad or either analog stick. Messing with that may be wort your time.

bread's done
Back