Beta program to Onlive

chivista

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Didnt know where else to put it :D

Onlive is opening their beta program sign up now.
They will send you an email if you are accepted

http://www.onlive.com/special1

for those who dont know what onlive is here is a short description

• Connect to OnLive with your TV, PC or Mac and start a game
  • Your game runs in a state-of-the-art OnLive game server center
  • OnLive connects you to game servers through the Internet, instantly sending your controller actions upstream and the results back downstream at blinding fast speeds
  • Enjoy ultra high-performance gameplay on your TV or entry-level PC or Mac
go to http://www.gamespot.com/news/6206620.html for more info

Last edited by a moderator:
Played GRID at GDC. Video quality was great, and lag minimal but mostly unnoticeable, especially for those less sensitive to it. Of course, I hear the data center was only 50mi away.

Signed up, i'd definitely like to check this out. I have a hard time seeing it work, but i'd love to see how it works and be proven wrong.

I signed up too, might be kinda cool. Hope they let us try all the games for free. Be even better if we keep the thing after the Beta Test is over :)

Thanks. Signed up, hope I dont get accepted.

Just read about this in GI, should be interesting to see how it works in reality.

I signed up for this a while ago, when onlive was first announced. Haven't heard anything from them yet. I have a Mac, so I hope that increases my chances.

I put mine in as 3MB because I should be geting 5 last I knew but just ran that speedtest.net and was given this

When they ask about the speed I never know if they are asking for download or upload. Would be better I think if instead of asking people what it is if the site just ran a test to see what it is. Maybe run 3 test and take the average.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']QFT. And looks like you have more then enough to even run the HD version of OnLive. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Guess I should have put the 10 instead of the 3. Sucks I can't change it. I may be able to run the HD now but in a few months or weeks I wont be able to. With charter I never know what I will have. One day the 10 is cheap then the next few months it is really high and the 3mb costs as much as I pay for the 10. Since I have had my internet with them they have changed it about 6-8 times. Almost 1 to 2 times a year. They started with 3 different packs then went to 2 then down to 1 then back to 3 then to 4 now I think they are back to 2 packs.

[quote name='chivista']yea my speed is 1.5 mbps so hopefully it workss. also good look to everyone i think for sure one of us will get in[/QUOTE]

Yep, same here. My ISP provider is a company called INFO AVENUE so hopefully they will need/want someone in the 1.5 mbps range under the "other" category LOL. I'd like to atleast try to play singleplayer games that I can't play on my PC such as Crysis.

I signed up for the beta & newsletter back on March 25th so there are probably alot of people who already signed up for this. Good luck to everyone getting in, and if someone does get in please come back and give us some details &/or impressions of the service.

i have already signed up for this awhile ago lol. Good luck to everyone here including me to get a spot in this beta. I rather be a MAG beta tester than this though honestly lol.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']They've been accepting beta applications for months. Y'all are waaaaaaaaaay back at the end of the line...[/QUOTE]

yea. they been taking it since it was announced. signed up when they announced it. just did it again though incase.

[quote name='luan87us']i have already signed up for this awhile ago lol. Good luck to everyone here including me to get a spot in this beta. I rather be a MAG beta tester than this though honestly lol.[/QUOTE]

What is MAG?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']They've been accepting beta applications for months. Y'all are waaaaaaaaaay back at the end of the line...[/QUOTE]

It has been barely 2 months. Why are you always such a schmuck about pointing out how long something has been on the internet?

signed up when they first announced it, hoping to be accepted, going in hoping i will enjoy it but still buying but not owning any hard copies at all kind of worries me, ps3/wii/360 dlc doesnt bother me as much as full games over $20. still hoping it will get rid of my doubts by actually trying it out. luckily with my router i get 15-20, without i get 25-30. thank god for twc not caring about capping the max speed in my area

[quote name='Malik112099']It has been barely 2 months. Why are you always such a schmuck about pointing out how long something has been on the internet?[/QUOTE]

Jesus, dude, I'm just pointing out that people who sign up now are getting in late, so don't be surprised if you don't get in for a long while.

i just got an email stating:

Thank you for registering for the OnLive® Beta program! We’re continuing to increase the number of new participants in the program, and we'd like to consider you for one of these slots.

they want me to run performance tests [ network ].

anyone else get this email?

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']i just got an email stating:

Thank you for registering for the OnLive® Beta program! We’re continuing to increase the number of new participants in the program, and we'd like to consider you for one of these slots.

anyone else get this email?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did this and passed (Emailed me back within 10 hours). Had to agree to an NDA type thing after it though.. so that's all I can say. :p

Just got that myself. Guess I'll do the test.

Got it, did tests, failed.

I guess they don't like that I have a relatively high end computer + FiOS?

bread's done
Back