Beyond Good And Evil 2 release date?

An J0e

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I know that the developers said 2010, and because of that amazon listed it as Dec 31 2010. But i have seen 3 different sources that say April 30 2010. Does anyone know a reliable source that would confirm this release date or another?

Already know its 2010, developers said it would be after march (g4tv.com) so i mean a more specific date, or maybe a month.

The game doesn't exist. Ubisoft has denied all knowledge of its existence since the teaser trailer was released.

The game is still in development, according to statements as recent as two months ago. No way in hell is it coming out in April, though. That's just silly. You don't take a game that big, and somehow do all of the marketing in less than two months.

So, no, no date. I don't even think they've said anything about "2010" lately, much less a specific month. Just be thankful that it's still in development, for now, and hope for something at GDC or E3.

it's a really weird story if you ask me. they show a trailer then deny theres a game in development? i know it probably wasn't a best seller but it's still kind of baffling Ubisoft isn't giving a straight answer.

There have been so many different official statements, it just started getting confusing, then i saw like 3 different sources saying April 30. Haven't been following it, so when i got all the info at once i didn't have any chronology to the statements thanks for clearing it up guys.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']this game is sort of like the biggest joke.

when comparing the first to the second, the second is the biggest joke.

i hope you can see why.[/QUOTE]

can't say I'm following you here...some joke about the plot in the first one?

It has a pig with fart powered boots... and that fact doesn't distract you from the awesome gameplay/story/artdirection/music.... If they ruin that experience... i will find no humor in that joke.

when they first showed the trailer of beyond good 2, i was very puzzled. if you look at beyond good 1, it was and had nothing to do with the graphics. then there is this sudden emphasis on the graphics. what is going on? they don't have anything else other then graphics for beyond good 2? it's a joke.

sure they have this game in development, but in development to make the pig look as realistic as possible.

it didn't look realistic in BG&E 1 because it was a multi-platform title for last gen systems. Im assuming most developers don't just settle on "ok the last game was great on fundamentals, this time we are going to pool everything into graphics and forgo all effort on the games playability". i mean look at San Andreas then look at GTA4, ridiculous visual transformation, great core gameplay. Considering how long they took on the game, it would seem foolish to ignore graphical capabilities when your competing in a packed market.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']when they first showed the trailer of beyond good 2, i was very puzzled. if you look at beyond good 1, it was and had nothing to do with the graphics. then there is this sudden emphasis on the graphics. what is going on? they don't have anything else other then graphics for beyond good 2? it's a joke.

sure they have this game in development, but in development to make the pig look as realistic as possible.[/QUOTE]

wat

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']when they first showed the trailer of beyond good 2, i was very puzzled. if you look at beyond good 1, it was and had nothing to do with the graphics. then there is this sudden emphasis on the graphics. what is going on? they don't have anything else other then graphics for beyond good 2? it's a joke.[/QUOTE]

So, you're calling BG&E2 a "joke" because you thought the graphics in the first teaser trailer were too good? You're taking a single, mysterious, no-context cinematic teaser trailer, and using it to base a claim that they've scrapped everything other than flashy graphics?

Uh...what the fuck? You are aware that an entire hardware and graphical generation has passed since the first one, right? The teaser trailer looked about average for how you should expect from a cinematic teaser for a game to look, these days. And really, you're trying to argue BG&E had no emphasis on graphics? The game was distinctly focused on it's cinematic production. The game even underwent a massive visual make over at one point in development. If they didn't care about the graphics, then why did they more or less do the whole thing over?

You are really weird, paranoid, and excessively presumptuous.

[quote name='ninja dog']wat[/QUOTE]
Nevermind, this was the definitive response to pochaccoheaven's post.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']The next Duke Nukem Forever?[/QUOTE]

A year of media silence for a game that was never even officially announced, does not a Duke Nukem Forever make.

The game only went into actual full-time production sometime last year; as of March 2009, it was still just in pre-production design stages.

bread's done
Back