Beyond Good & Evil (PC) $3.24 at GamersGate

gcorlett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
GamersGate is having "Ubisoft week" this week for their daily deals. (Link to Bonobos' GamersGate wiki thread here.)

I'd like to draw attention to one game in particular that is 25% off - Beyond Good & Evil.

DD-BGE.jpg

BG&E is one of those games that didn't get proper attention on release, but has gained in stature as time went on. Sort of like Ico, in that regard.

This is a great chance to play it for just a few bucks. Today is the last day of the sale; it's good through the rest of today and expires overnight.

if anyone is interested, here is my Steam "recommend" for this game:
This game is a winner. The story is good, the gameplay is great. It's a free-roam adventure, where you explore a small world and persue the story at your own pace. This game is unpretentiously fun.

Your character is a reporter investigating a grand conspiracy theme. Infiltrate government and industrial sites to capture clues and unravel the mystery. There are stealth elements, too, and occasional combat. And a sort of internal achievement system that rewards you for capturing photographs along the way of rare fauna.

Best sidekick characters since Grim Fandango, and a similar smart sense of humor.

It's a console port, but the controls are decent, despite this. I finished the game with mouse and keyboard with no difficulty. The graphics are PS2-era, but they have a distinct style of their own. Jade reminds me more than a little of HL2's Alyx.

I understand that there is a "Beyond Good & Evil 2" coming soon; catch up on the storyline first.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back