Beyond Two Souls $24.99 on Amazon.com

Game looks amazing and is supposed to have a great story/acting.  Not worth $60 if the gameplay isn't there, but for $25?  Yeah, I can get down with that.

I am extremely tempted to buy this, but not sure if this is the type of game that I would play more than once. Might just rent it, unless the game is that good, as I really got tired and frustrated with Heavy Rain's controls.

Playing it right now.  The story is interesting and the performances are great but the gameplay really is not that fun.  Even when you are not just doing a bunch of QTEs the character movement is not responsive and the camera is balls sometimes.  $25 is not a bad price though but only if you are going to play it right away and then sell it.  There is replayability and you have to do some work to get all the trophies.  Also the game would have been better if organized in chronological order in my opinion.  There is a lot of variability in chapter length also (10 min to 1 hour or longer). 

I played Heavy Rain recently and loved it, so went ahead and ordered this.  Will beat it and sell it off and probably at least break even.  So less hassle than renting from Redbox since I usually need at least 3 or 4 days (if not longer) to get through even a shorter game like this.

This really sounds like a game I would just watch the story on youtube. I hear the gameplay is garbage.
That is really a matter of opinion. I enjoyed the gameplay myself. I felt powerful when controlling Aiden and Jodie. The game really strikes on the connection between the two. The story is fantastic as is the acting and it is an experience I am about to go through again for the second time. Out of all of my years of gaming, it easily impacted me emotionally more than just about any other game out there. It is definitely worth the money if you love a good story. I also really enjoyed the way the game was setup and how it jumps around, but obviously not everyone here agrees with me on that.

if you liked heavy rain and this is a must buy

the story is very interesting and the endings are excellent 

gameplay is what it is but its not boring/dull or broken.  It works, i think its worth $25 easily

one thing i really hope for is that David cage to hire some good developers who understand the gameplay in games.  Yes QTE's could work but some sort of traditional gameplay could really help some of his games 

I've not had the chance to play this one yet. I'm still hopeful that Quantic Dream will put out a sequel to Omikron: The Nomad Soul. One of my all time favorite games. Think a futuristic world with demons that possess people, an undercurrent of Orwell's "1984", and David Bowie doing the soundtrack, as well as voicing the computer entity, Boz. Plus, the twist is that when you die, you reincarnate into the next person to touch your body. An odd game, but years ahead of its time in graphic detail and originality, (it came out in 1997, when games were still somewhat limited). The closest thing I've seen to it since is Deux Ex.

bread's done
Back