BF2 vs BF2142?

Full_Throttle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Again, a question about the shooting games which still involve strategy.

I've never played either of these games, and have only heard mixed reviews from some friends about them. I've been at a LAN party where they played BF2 and it looked pretty fun.

Can someone list out the Pros/Cons for BF2 and BF2142, or state which is better and why?

Reason I'm asking for all these reviews is that 1) I'm building an HD projector right now, and I need something to look good on it and 2) I'm purchasing a kickass HP notebook over summer break.

Thanks in advance.

I have BF2142 but I don't have BF2 yet (waiting for the DVD pack to come out at the end of the month)

I have played BF2 at microcenter. They both seem to play the same. So whatever you pick up first, the other should be easy to get a hang of. It would seem that reload times/ammo is longer and smaller clips then other FPS I have played. It's like after 3 seconds of firing your out of ammo and have to wait like 3-5 seconds for reload. Too many times I have caught with my pants down while reloading. Sniping is always fun :)

i have BF2 and tried 2142 demo so far i have to said i like BF2 a lot batter, i feel 2142 is kind of off in some way. most of my firned stayed in BF2 when 2142 came out, you should try both to see which style you like batter

BF 2142 is more balanced, but the setting isn't as fun for me personally. I dig 2 a lot and thought it was one of the best online shooters ever.

2142 is also a lot more optimized.

What about the weapons system? That's what I liked most about BF1942 vs BF2, that you can upgrade weapons. I've heard that BF2142 has a buggy system of upgrading? Also, how many are in each: only like 3/class in BF2, or is it more?

[quote name='Full_Throttle']What about the weapons system? That's what I liked most about BF1942 vs BF2, that you can upgrade weapons. I've heard that BF2142 has a buggy system of upgrading? Also, how many are in each: only like 3/class in BF2, or is it more?[/QUOTE]

Well unlike other FPS I have played, you don't get all your weapons from the start in BF 2142 (I don't know if it's like this in BF2) and your performance is tracked through the server. When you respawn on certain maps, you will respawn near a sign which is advertising the Intel Core Dual. (Seem that Intel can't get past the CD by 2142) :p Odd, but amusing at times. In other words in game ads :(

I don't like the idea that you don't have all weapons from the start, and other players who have committed themselves to playing 8 hrs a day have all the guns. Fortunitly they made it so it's fair and balanced even if your a new player.

Graphics are pretty good, but nothing to write home about. Squad commands are limited.

Right. That's what I meant by the upgrade from 1942 to 2, is that there is a different weapons system. I was wondering which of the two had a better weapons system.

The in-game ads really turns me off. It seriously ruins the game, in my opinion.

The people who play 8 hours per day also piss me off.

Graphics are based off of the BF2 engine, correct? No improvement from the two?

i think in 2142 u have to pick and choose each and every single up grades such as batter gun, tool, and armor, but in BF2 u jsut pick a weapon, and u will automaticly get the tool and packs that u need for that class. also in BF2 weapons ARE unblance, but! each have it's own advantage so if u use it well it's actually not bad. in other word is u need partice on some of the more advance (hard to use) weapon to get batter,

bread's done
Back