BF2142: A Warning re: Best Buy Pre-orders

redgopher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The Best Buy pre-order contains a special, unique re-skinning of the SCAR-11, the standard Assault kit rifle. Technically, they are identical. The look and sound of the rifle is the only difference, but it's a huge one that un-balances the game. Once it is enabled via the EA Account, it cannot be disabled by the user. It is tied to the EA account, not the 2142 install or the soldier. Once you see these screenshots, you'll understand why I've emailed EA, begging them to remove the BB pre-order rifle skin from my game. Also, please click on the thumbnails to see the full-size versions, because the thumbnails just don't do justice to the real thing.

This is the normal SCAR-11. Pay close attention to it's size:

This is the pre-order version. Note the gratuitous increase in bulk:

The thing is so incredibly huge that it blocks nearly the entire right side of the screen. On the Minsk map, there is a flag point with a bunch of concrete-ish blocks set up in front of the flag for infantry to hide behind. If prone, using this rifle, and looking parallel down the blocks, you can't see between them, thus you are easily blindsided when with the normal kit you'd notice your enemy. To top it all off, the Pan-Asian faction's rifle is actually smaller than the normal SCAR-11 of the EU, throwing the balance of the game off.

Like I said, I've emailed EA and asked them to remove this from my account. The only way I could do it on my own is to create a new EA account. Then I'd lose my unlocks, veteran status and any other stuff I've accumulated while playing as PAC before seeing this travesty. I'll update this post with any new information. Until then, let these screenshots be a guide. If you like the big-ass version, pop the serial number into your EA account on the 2142 website and game on. If you hate it, I hope for your sake you haven't already done so. Otherwise you might find the game unplayable (at least on the EU faction) until it's removed.

I'm gonna go ahead and call this the worst pre-order bonus ever, as it actually breaks the game for me. I'm OK with in-game ads (it's not spyware, people), but this is just crap. It is in no way a "gift" from DICE and EA. It's an ass pounding with a sandpaper cock sleeve.

And EA tried to remove it for me and they didn't get it to go away. I fired off another angry email, and I'm getting up early tomorrow before work to call and talk to a supervisor. I'm not a stupid guy. Unless they totally fucked up their account management system, there's a fucking way to remove that shitty god damn gun. I'm not going to give up my online soldier name, so they'd better fucking fuck god damn shit ass fucking fix this bullshit.

I'm pissed. Can you tell?

Got off the phone with EA again. They told me again that they can't remove it at this time, HOWEVER, the developers are working on a patch that will fix the issue (by either toggling the gun or removing it, I'm not sure which). So this is good news, we'll just have to deal with it for a while.

[quote name='advancedgamer468']Are you loving your EA games spyware right now?[/QUOTE]

That was an utter load of bullshit CGW reported. It does not feature spyware. Simply put, the ingame ads are based upon your IP address so that you get ads relevant to your country/language. It doesn't track your browsers or anything of the sort.

[quote name='advancedgamer468']Are you loving your EA games spyware right now?[/QUOTE]

You're more of a troll than a gamer. Did you even bother to read any one of the thousand official articles posted on every god damn review site with statements from EA, DICE and IGA stating EXACTLY what the program does?

No. You didn't.

Back onto my OP, EA actually was wrong when they said there was a patch coming out. Apparently that guy was full of shit. So I've posted on the official suggestions board, asking for the option to turn it off, and responded in my final email to EA to please pass on to DICE that we'd like it to be an optional skin. Now we play the waiting game.

How the heck did no one notice this or think this would be a "cool" feature?
It seems like a punishment for pre-ordering or something.

bread's done
Back