BF4 Razer Peripherals Over 50% off @ Thinkgeek [Dead 4/14]

Katsumi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Didn't see this posted yet, so hopefully it wasn't :D

Thinkgeek is having a clearance sale, and the BF4 Razer Peripherals are on sale.

BF4 Keyboard, Headset, Mouse, Mousepad

If you're an e-mail sub to Thinkgeek, you should have also gotten an e-mail with a 25% off sale items this morning, bringing them down even further :D I believe it's a unique code.

Keyboard: $50  - $37.49 with e-mail coupon  - Keyboard Out of Stock as of 12:40p Apr 8th

Headset: $50     - $37.49 with e-mail coupon - Headset Out of Stock as of Apr 9th Morning

Mouse: $40       - $30 with e-mail coupon

Mousepad: $20 -  $15 with e-mail coupon.

Edit: Looks like there's a 20% off coupon that will work with this also if you don't have the 25% - "FIFTHOFF" - Thanks Roguestriker :)

If you order over $50, apply code "RETAILMN10" for $10 off BEFORE applying the 20 / 25% coupon. (TY Weeman!)

Last edited by a moderator:
The headset costs 49.99 without any coupons, will the $10 off $50 coupon work on it? Then it should come out to about roughly $40 or so total with shipping including
You have to get over $50 pre-tax and percentage discount but then the two coupons will stack, tried it while trying to make a decision. Same difference basically if you're just using one coupon so you may as well find $10.01/$12.51 (depending if you have the 20% or 25% coupon) more and use both coupons.

I've used a lot of Razer products and the quality's always been good but durable is not a word I would ever associate with my experience with their products.

It's eating me up inside that i had to chance to get this.. And i didn't.. If anyone has one of these or is replacing their old Blackwidow let me know through PM. :/
lmao. I've been following your posts since you mentioned that "Shipping kills it. Seriously." Every post tinged with a deeper color of regret.

I took my time ordering the keyboard and mouse not even realizing they'd go OOS so quickly.

Yeah, unless shipping put it over $90 it was a good price.  Lowest I ever saw that keyboard was $100 and I regret not getting it at that price.

I just can't decide on the headset. Have the 25% off email so I could get up to $12.51 for free basically with the RMN $10 coupon. Will work with the PS4 and Xone which I'm looking for and the price is nice even with having to buy the chat adapter. I cannot find much in the way of quality reviews on the headset though (BF4 or regular) and don't know how bad it would be trying to return it if I don't like it. Still it would cover two systems plus some free stuff for roughly $70 with the Xbone adapter.
Same boat, after putting a .99 cent Maze Pen into the cart to crack $50 and use both the $10 off and the 25% off codes, it would be about $35 after shipping, but I would have to also buy the adapter for the Xbox One as well, making it a bit more. But I may also use this on my PC...hmmmmm decisions

You have to get over $50 pre-tax and percentage discount but then the two coupons will stack, tried it while trying to make a decision. Same difference basically if you're just using one coupon so you may as well find $10.01/$12.51 (depending if you have the 20% or 25% coupon) more and use both coupons.

I've used a lot of Razer products and the quality's always been good but durable is not a word I would ever associate with my experience with their products.
Thanks for the info.

Whatever you decide, I personally think they make good stuff (and good-looking stuff at that).

Do you (or anyone else) know when the sale ends?

Same boat, after putting a .99 cent Maze Pen into the cart to crack $50 and use both the $10 off and the 25% off codes, it would be about $35 after shipping, but I would have to also buy the adapter for the Xbox One as well, making it a bit more. But I may also use this on my PC...hmmmmm decisions
You can also add the Megaman air freshener.. It's .49¢. Id keep it even if it ran out of scent lol. :p

You can also add the Megaman air freshener.. It's .49¢. Id keep it even if it ran out of scent lol. :p
Well that seals the deal! I'm getting one! But now the site is undergoing maintenance so I have to wait for that to pass lol :(

EDIT: The air fresheners are out of stock! Oh well, I'll stick with the Maze Pen, I'm ordering it now!

Thanks I coped the headset and utilized my 25% thinkgeek code. Should be good for PS4/PC gaming!
Are there any games yet on PS4 that work with a keyboard?

Also I plan on spray painting my keyboard to look like this :)

OLTqynW.jpg

Looks like headset is now out of stock as well. I believe the sale is through April 13th at 11:59PM.

Glad some of you were able to get in on the deal :D

Looks like headset is now out of stock as well. I believe the sale is through April 13th at 11:59PM.

Glad some of you were able to get in on the deal :D
Looks like a made a bad gamble to wait 'til this morning, then.

Shit...

The keyboard's restocked a few times now, right? Maybe I'll get a lucky break and they'll do it again, at least for the headset...

Darn the mouse is a steal too...too bad I just bought the Roccat Optical -.-

Edit:  Nvm the mouse is Laser ew

Darn the mouse is a steal too...too bad I just bought the Roccat Optical -.-

Edit: Nvm the mouse is Laser ew
It uses both laser and optical. I like mine a lot; I've found it works pretty well. There's still some in stock, so if you're seriously considering getting it, then you should purchase it soon...or you might miss out.

Damn, I wanted that BlackShark. Keyboard looked cool too.

It uses both laser and optical. I like mine a lot; I've found it works pretty well. There's still some in stock, so if you're seriously considering getting it, then you should purchase it soon...or you might miss out.

Damn, I wanted that BlackShark. Keyboard looked cool too.
GAH I would love to but I just got my mouse -.- and that BF4 graphic is ugly. Although it is 19.99 normally wayyyy more expensive

GAH I would love to but I just got my mouse -.- and that BF4 graphic is ugly. Although it is 19.99 normally wayyyy more expensive
Do what you will. It isn't so bad in-use since your hand covers most of it, and what shows through your hand is kind of cool. It also has a nice non-obtrusive, dim orange LED scroll-wheel, so there's another plus if you want your desk to have a pieces of lighting to give it some 'flavor'. Can go from 100 dpi to 8200 dpi, slides well, etc.

If you already got your mouse and it works for you though, then don't bother. If the headset and/or keyboard come back up, though, I'd definitely suggest snagging them.

I hope they will, but it doesn't seem too likely...

Do what you will. It isn't so bad in-use since your hand covers most of it, and what shows through your hand is kind of cool. It also has a nice non-obtrusive, dim orange LED scroll-wheel, so there's another plus if you want your desk to have a pieces of lighting to give it some 'flavor'. Can go from 100 dpi to 8200 dpi, slides well, etc.

If you already got your mouse and it works for you though, then don't bother. If the headset and/or keyboard come back up, though, I'd definitely suggest snagging them.

I hope they will, but it doesn't seem too likely...
Yea definitely grabbing the other stuff if it comes up

Are there any games yet on PS4 that work with a keyboard?

Also I plan on spray painting my keyboard to look like this :)

OLTqynW.jpg
Where did you see this? My computer case is orange and if I could paint my keyboard the same color, it'd be super cool. Is it easy to take the keyboard apart?

Also, A Realm Reborn: Final Fantasy XIV on PS4 has full keyboard support nearly identical to the PC, but not entirely sure that counts or if that's what you were asking for...

Where did you see this? My computer case is orange and if I could paint my keyboard the same color, it'd be super cool. Is it easy to take the keyboard apart?

Also, A Realm Reborn: Final Fantasy XIV on PS4 has full keyboard support nearly identical to the PC, but not entirely sure that counts or if that's what you were asking for...
Most keyboard mods can been done easily...there's just a little bit of unscrewing and careful removal (and vice-versa) involved. If it has legs (like mine does), you'll want to detach those too.

Make sure to get a green scrubber and rough it up after you take it apart, and give it more than one coat if you have enough paint for it. Don't forget an overcoat either, since most paints will rub off if you touch/hold the base object too much (as evidenced by my old custom-paint mouse, PS3 controller, and other such items).

I wonder if I'll be able to find another good deal like this in the near future. I'm still a bit bummed out that I didn't get a chance to snag a keyboard and/or headset. Have there been any other similar PC peripheral sales recently? This is probably one of the best I've seen.

Most keyboard mods can been done easily...there's just a little bit of unscrewing and careful removal (and vice-versa) involved. If it has legs (like mine does), you'll want to detach those too.

Make sure to get a green scrubber and rough it up after you take it apart, and give it more than one coat if you have enough paint for it. Don't forget an overcoat either, since most paints will rub off if you touch/hold the base object too much (as evidenced by my old custom-paint mouse, PS3 controller, and other such items).

I wonder if I'll be able to find another good deal like this in the near future. I'm still a bit bummed out that I didn't get a chance to snag a keyboard and/or headset. Have there been any other similar PC peripheral sales recently? This is probably one of the best I've seen.
I have not seen a deal like this for such a good mechanical keyboard recently. Maybe if there are other game specific models that get clearanced somewhere?

Also I may have to try out repainting this... I honestly don't really care what it looks like although I've already been asked about what happens when I don't like BF4 anymore when I don't actually even have the game.

I have not seen a deal like this for such a good mechanical keyboard recently. Maybe if there are other game specific models that get clearanced somewhere?

Also I may have to try out repainting this... I honestly don't really care what it looks like although I've already been asked about what happens when I don't like BF4 anymore when I don't actually even have the game.

I don't think it really matters all that much if you like the look of your peripherals in their stock form. I think that most people should keep it in the default paint scheme unless they want to create a very clean, orderly look, but if you get the whole set of the BF4 Razer peripherals, it could still have a nice uniform look.

I'm sure there could be another clearance sale for another keyboard/headset, but I doubt there'd be such great stuff and prices as with this sale.

My keyboard still hasn't shipped, and I have a feeling it won't but my mega man air freshener shipped :(
Give it a day. My filler item shipped a day before my headset, but then I received my headset today and the other item is scheduled for tomorrow.

Here's the video I used to take apart the keyboard faceplate

The results!
Neat, that looks super easy! Also, yours looks pretty nice. I may end up not actually painting mine now that I let my hype die down and I still have to wait til Wednesday for mine to arrive. lol

Patience young one.. Megaman is Obviously faster.. :roll:
Lol. It still says "new" so I am hoping, but I talked to customer service and he said my order is most likely going to get canceled. He said that they had no more, and that it was discontinued. He offered to cancel it for me, but I said I'd rather wait for them in hopes of them finding one underneath a box, hopefully.

Also that paint job looks awesome.

My mouse shipped but not the keyboard. I got in at the very end so I'm not holding my breath. Kind of lame if they can't fulfill "in stock" orders. Only one company has ever done that to me (it rhymes with Digital River).

Not sure if this is still relevant, but I noticed the banner at the top of the Thinkgeek site saying:

"Sitewide Spectaclunar Savings [20% OFF $50+] [25% OFF $100+] [30% OFF $150+] Use code PENUMBRA | Ends 11:59PM ET 4/16"

My mouse shipped but not the keyboard. I got in at the very end so I'm not holding my breath. Kind of lame if they can't fulfill "in stock" orders. Only one company has ever done that to me (it rhymes with Digital River).
Also, lmao. And yet they're every NA branch's logistics go-to.

Partial refund here too. Charged $8.74 for a $0.74 pen.... sent them an e-mail. we'll see how this goes. CS has been very reasonable in the past.

UPDATE:  Heard back from TG. They're offering to cut the shipping charge in half. So $4.37 shipping for the sh*ty plastic pen filler that I ordered.  No f*ing way TG.... try again.....

bread's done
Back