Bidder with 0 feedback won auction for a giftcard

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Hi,
I put up a giftcard for auction this week and it turns out that a guy with 0 feedback purchased it immediately. Now I'm not sure if I should sell it because I smell a scam. I even mentioned in the description that I'll check feedback before deciding to ship it out but still this guy bids on it. Any advice on what should I do? Should I contact ebay and ask them if he is legit. What if he uses my GC and then says it never worked? If I refund him money will I lose out on ebay fees? Too many questions right now. Anyone care to help?

The shipping address in the paypal receipt does say confirmed. How will a copy help? I mean should I scratch the back to reveal the pin and then make a copy? My only worry is what's stopping him from contacting ebay and saying the card never worked. Won't they refund him the money in that case?

I would definitly not sell it to a 0 feedback person...when it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Everyone had 0 feedback on ebay, if everyone worried about someone buying with 0 feedback all the time then ebay would be a ghost town.

If he has a legit address, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

[quote name='jr233270']Coming from a "CAG in Training" with only 1 feedback, this is really funny.[/QUOTE]

Hello this post from a "CAGiversary" is really funny and not to mention stupid. I think you ought to know better by now that CAG trading rules state that people with lower feedback send their stuff across first. So someone with higher feedback has nothing to worry about. Plus ebay is known for scammers. I mean you'll find plenty of accounts that are created only to scam. There is no harm in being a little cautious. Stupid sarcastic posts that add nothing to the thread is really not appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Supreme0ne']everybody has to start somewhere. you were a zero feedback user before too ya know[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jello44']Everyone had 0 feedback on ebay, if everyone worried about someone buying with 0 feedback all the time then ebay would be a ghost town.

If he has a legit address, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's just that I'm not too familiar with Ebay's buyer protection and am not sure how people can misuse that.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']He/She has been a registered member for over 5 months.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about it then. Like everyone else said, folks have to start somewhere. If the account had been created the day of, I would be cautious. In this case (the 5-month old account and the confirmed shipping address), I'd go ahead with the sale.

It's good to be cautious, but at some point you just have to accept that you will be the victim of a scam. I'm not seeing the flags on this one. You could always send the buyer a friendly message over ebay giving them an update to the purchase, thanking them, and asking them to confirm the purchase prior to your shipping.

[quote name='thelonepig']I wouldn't worry about it then. Like everyone else said, folks have to start somewhere. If the account had been created the day of, I would be cautious. In this case (the 5-month old account and the confirmed shipping address), I'd go ahead with the sale.

It's good to be cautious, but at some point you just have to accept that you will be the victim of a scam. I'm not seeing the flags on this one. You could always send the buyer a friendly message over ebay giving them an update to the purchase, thanking them, and asking them to confirm the purchase prior to your shipping.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I hope it works out fine.

Please post the outcome of this situation. As for me I would have relisted the item and send the individual a message sorry for the incident but I made notes on the auction stating the low feedback will be looked over.

Don't rely solely on feedback numbers. Many a scammer back in the day would work with friends to "sell" and "buy" on eBay, leave positive feedback, and build up their feedback. They still scammed people, because their high numbers made them "trustworthy".

[quote name='jessesixto']Please post the outcome of this situation. As for me I would have relisted the item and send the individual a message sorry for the incident but I made notes on the auction stating the low feedback will be looked over.[/QUOTE]

And get a deserved negative feedback. He bought and paid for the item. Ship to his confirmed address with delivery confirmation and if it is a high value item maybe insurance/signature confirmation to cover yourself.

Having zero feedback itself would be no reason to cancel an order. Someone with negative feedback I can see. Curious how much the gc is for.

bread's done
Back