Big BB B&M Anime/ADV Sale

Grico

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
HI, Best Buy seems to have begun to mark down Anime that has been sitting on their shelves to significantly lower clearance prices. It hasn't been an isolated event as there have already been a few waves of new dvds going on clearance. As such I will keep track of the new mark downs here and continue to keep a running list. As far as the clearance items it seems that Best Buys do sometimes get them restocked as I have seen various clearance dvds out of stock one week and more copies the next. Below is what I can confirm i saw while at Best Buy and what has been reported with credit given to anyone who posted it first here. Online prices seem to be discounted on most of these items but less than brick and morter.

Andromeda Season 2 set 14.99 (CREDIT: Leggo)
Ai Yori Aoshi : Enishi Vol 3 9.99 (CREDt: KING NES)
Azumanga Daioh 2, 5 6.99, 4 either 6.99 or 9.99 3 and 6 11.99 (CREDIT: Phantomer)
Big O II complete series is 19.99
Case Closed original box (2 dvds) 16.99, various other volumes 6.99-7.99.
Cowboy Bebop vol. 3 11.99
Dai-guard completely collection 9.99 (CREDIT: Sway)
Dragon Drive some volumes are 9.99
E's Otherwise some volumes are 9.99
Farscape Season 1: 28.99 (CREDIT: Leggo)
Divergent Eve vol 1 10.99, vol 2 11.99 (Credit: Alonzomourning23)
Fruits Basket vol. 1,2,3,4 11.99 (Credit: KirkinLemon)
Get Backers 2,3,4 11.99
Giant Robo Vol. 1 9.99
Gravion Zwei 1+box 15.99 (Credit: Alonzomourning23)
Gravitation 2,4 6.99
Gundam Seed Vol. 1 11.99
Gun Parade March 22.99 (Quite a few sources depended on thread)
Human Crossing 14.99 (Credit: ALONZOMORNING23)
Kiddy Grade various but not all volumes 9.99
Last Exile Bundle (Volumes 1-3) $19.99 (Philamark)
Last Exile 2-6, 14.99, (Credit: Dream Symphony, Grico)
Magical Meow Meow Taruto dvd 2 11.99
Mirage of Blaze 28.99 (Credit: old sale price, but still good)
Moeyo ken is 6.99 (CREDIT: Animeguy)
Martian Successor Nadeisco Essential anime 1-2,7.99 each, vol. 3 6.99
Mezzo 0 volume 1 6.99
Mezzo 0 vol. 2-4 11.99
Mutant X Season 1 9.99 (CREDIT: Guessed)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Remastered vol. 1 11.99
Peacemaker DVD 1+Box (comes with manga 1 as well) 6.99 (CREDIT: Robzilla)
Please Twins dvd 1 is 11.99
Popotin vol. 2 11.99 (Credit: KINGNES)
Robotech Remastered 2 11.99
Robotech Remastered 3 (both the toy and without toy versions) : 6.99
Robotech Remastered 6 9.99
Sister Princess 3 6.99
Sorceror Hunters Essential Anime 2,3 7.99
Sorceror Hunters Complete Collection 29.99 (CREDIT: Drahken)
Spiral Vol. 1-3 $10.99 - $11.99 Each (Credt; MasterKYO)
Steel Angel Kurumi Complete Collection 22.99
Tenchi GXP 7,8 9.99
Wolf's Rain 1-4 11.99
I saw all of the above at this price marked in store. Good luck.

The last Nadesico (vol 3) only 6.99 I know its 1$ but hey its nice. I was going to do this as BB anime deals have been really nice. O yeah Sorcereror Hunters set is also 30$ (found it in store and was posted in the other place). and on the scan that Phantomer posted Azumanga vol 4 is 9.99. Dai-guard box set is also 9.99 as I picked that up today. Moeyo ken is 6.99.

Cool, I haven't watched much anime in awhile so this will be great to check out a couple series for cheap. I might pick up that Mutant X too cause its so cheap, the show was pretty bad but I liked what I saw of it sometimes.

I ordered getbackers vol. 2 & 3 yesterday for $11.99 and today they already changed the prices back to $19.99 I really hope they ship my dvds

[quote name='robzilla']i thought i had posted peacemaker first, but no credit for me. Thanks for the list though OP.[/QUOTE]

Hmm didn't see it. My bad i'll credit you then.

From Phantomer post "volume 2, 4, 5 are $6.99, 3 is $9.99, and 6 is $11.99 in-store. online prices are $10-20. since it's BB, i believe it's nationwide prices"

I was reading the Receipt wrong (dumb bb) anyways I think it was vol 3 that was 10$ sorry my fault

no one has mentioned divergence ever, that's 10.99 and 11.99 (vol 2 has been out about 10 days and is already marked down from $20, vol 3 isn't released yet).

Checked out my BB today. The only discs they had that I were interested in were the Nadesico and the Gunparade March. None of these were actually marked down. I had to have them price checked to make sure. Two whole anime series for under $50 kicks butt. I just wished they had Dai-Guard and some of the others.

schnuth

Was able to grab Azumanga vol 2-6 with the discounted prices marked. Even 3 of them came with the lapel pins. Was trying to decide on Divergence Eve but decided it can wait. The Martian Successor Nadeisco Essential anime weren't marked at discount so I didn't even try to get a price c heck, but maybe next time I will.

I picked up the last three Azumanga discs tonight, so I'm pretty happy about that. I might go back tomorrow to get Dai-Guard, which I haven't heard much about. But still, ten dollars...

Picked up the Robotech volume 3 for $6.99. The prices on the rest of the remastered sets are pretty good also, Some were $9.99 and $11.99. Only Volume 1 was $19.99. I might pick it up, even though I have the first set. Its a great price!

Sorceror Hunters is definitely worth it. Every description I'd heard of that show made it sound like the most generic thing out there (and arguably, it is a little, but fantasy isn't exactly a genre that hasn't been explored before) with a detestable generic lady-obsessed male lead, but Carrot is actually a much more interesting character than that. He functions on a sort of honor system, and while he just seems to be a target most of the time, there's a reason for that pointed out in the series, and he still tries as hard as he can. It's not the best anime ever (the last episode wastes a huge amount of time needed for other things on panned still shots, I'm betting their budget ran out), but it's definitely worth giving a chance if you even remotely like the comedic fantasy genre. (The bios by ADV on the DVDs seem kind of jaded and make too many unreasonable assumptions IMO, though.)

The new gravion zwei box is only 16 bucks. I don't think this is a sale, I think it may be a new clearance strategy. Everytime I go it seems stuff that wasn't previously on sale is on sale (gravion wasn't on sale a few days ago, I know that for certain). And with things such as divergence eve being on sale in about a week of release, and with constant updates to the sale list, I think they are just clearancing anything that isn't selling well. I really hope this is a new strategy to move unmoveable stock, though it's becoming a nuisance to check through all the dvd's I have even the slightest interest in when I go to best buy.

Does anyone have any idea if best buy markdowns happen a certain day of the week? It would really make things easier, as anytime i am in the area I end up examining like every anime dvd now...

Picked up the Andromeda set and I was actually able to find Azumanga 5 this time (it was sold out before). I still need 6 but it was still stickered $19.99 so I didn't bother to ask. Cool stuff. My dad picked up Mutant X the other day too.

Heart ADV

If anyone can find Farscape Season 2 check the price please. I think that's also dropped to 30ish. If you cna find two but not season one, I think my BB's still have a couple season 1's left and we can swap.

Thanks again OP and to all those that contributed to the list and reports of finds. Picked up yesterday Dia-Guard Complete Collection for 9.99 at BB. Was shocked to find that they still had it left. It was the last one at the store. Can't wait to watch it.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']If anyone can find Farscape Season 2 check the price please. I think that's also dropped to 30ish. If you cna find two but not season one, I think my BB's still have a couple season 1's left and we can swap.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that Farscape Season 2 is also $30ish? I think I saw one at my BB, but I don't really plan on going there any time soon. Are you just going on a hunch?

Last time i was in store i saw it for like 58.00. Next time I am in store I will get it price checked and see what it comes up as.

Picked up Andromeda Season 2 for 14.99 today thanks Leggo for the find. They will probably realese Andromeda: Slipstream editions now that I've bought it the way my luck goes but still not bad for 14.99. Farscape Season 2 is 57.99 or so I'm holding out for the Starburst Editions so I passed.

I thought the drop was for both season 1 and 2, and the clerk I talked to didn't look it up in the system but he recalled it dropping to thirty too.

But Drahken checked and I guess it's $60. Oh well.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']If anyone can find Farscape Season 2 check the price please. I think that's also dropped to 30ish. If you cna find two but not season one, I think my BB's still have a couple season 1's left and we can swap.[/QUOTE]

can you find a Season 1?? I am interested if you can, thanx!!

anyone know of an updated list? Neither this list, nor the one linked to in the thread, has some of the more recent reductions (popotan vol 1 for example).

Any chance someone could pick up Farscape Season 1 and 2 (if it is on sale) for me. My local Best Buy is out. I would be happy to Paypal you the rough estimate first then square up on the specifics after (shipping + tax etc) Thanx

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']There were two left at one of my Local BB's on Thursday. I can check again tomorrow since I'm heading up there.[/QUOTE]

I got lucky today and found one at a BB I had checked before. But thank you for the help. I also checked the S2 set of Farscape and it was $96.

Bestbuy is alot like Circuit City sometimes when it comes to keeping there prices marked right. The Andromeda I got was marked 34.99 and rung up 14.99, even checked a copy of The X-Files season 1 it was marked 96 and scanned at 50. But some places are better then others at keeping things up to date. Unless they went to a new pricing computer system more like Targets or Wally worlds. All the prices should be the same everywhere.

Hi i got farscape season 2 price checked and it came up for 58.00. Less than suggested retail but much higher than season 1 sadly.

What about the other seasons? Has anyone tried any of those? Maybe it's not in sequential order for the low price since Season two seems to be coming up for $58 by various reports..

Wow, and I was just checking out the racks on the Gravion chicks - didn't realize it was on sale and not marked. Got an unmarked Gunparade and peacemaker though

Dave

[quote name='Liontamer']Does anyone know if Mutant X season one is any good?[/QUOTE]

Mutant X as a whole was worth a watch if there was nothing else on but I never really went out of my way to watch it.

Thanks for pointing out this great deal.
I was able to pick up the Last Exile Bundle (Volumes 1-3) for $19.99!
I also got Azumanga Daioh 4 and 5 for $6.99 and 6 for $11.99.
That's great since Animenetwork on demand is taking forever to show the last 6 episodes of Azumanga Daioh.

Thanks again OP for compiling the list. Went to BB today to see if they had finally markdown Burnout 3, but it was still at 39.99, but it seems that my BB has stocked up again on a lot of the titles that had sold out earlier like Gun Parade March, which I picked up today for $23 or so. It came in the premium edition metal box, but am I right that this is the complete series? If so than wahoo! Also, I don't think I saw this listed in the OP, but Mirage of Blaze is $26 instead of the $55 that it was marked at my BB. Still some new titles to find out from this sale.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Thanks again OP for compiling the list. Went to BB today to see if they had finally markdown Burnout 3, but it was still at 39.99, but it seems that my BB has stocked up again on a lot of the titles that had sold out earlier like Gun Parade March, which I picked up today for $23 or so. It came in the premium edition metal box, but am I right that this is the complete series? If so than wahoo! Also, I don't think I saw this listed in the OP, but Mirage of Blaze is $26 instead of the $55 that it was marked at my BB. Still some new titles to find out from this sale.[/QUOTE]

Yes that is the entire GunParade March series, It's only 13 eps. I'm thinking of picking up Mirage of Blaze myself still havn't decided.

bread's done
Back