Big CAG - NCAA 12 OD - Conference Championships. Looking for Players.

Ultimate Matt X

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
This post is where major information from the thread for the Dynasty will be posted so everyone doesn't have to search throughout the thread. Here is some basic information with periodic updates below:

-We're primarily using the Big 10 and Big East conferences.

-The goal is to advance every four days. There is some room for adjusting, but I must know when something comes up or I'll advance and the game will be simulated. Doing this repeatedly will get a user dropped.

-We're sticking with actual conferences and realistic schedules so there will be a lot of CPU games. This may change after the first season if necessary.

-Some communication will be on here, but a lot of day to day stuff will be sent through XBL messages.

-We are playing 6 minute quarters on the All American difficulty. Recruiting is on Varsity difficulty.

-If your opponent is cheesing you get out of the game and come to me. I will work to resolve the issue.

*Updated 9/13*

We are now on the Conference Championships. The next advance will be in the next few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FrankySox']Let me guess Matt, you want Oklahoma?[/QUOTE]

If they're good sure. :)

I only took Alabama last year because I got fucked out of my team from the year before. I used a weaker team in my other dynasty.

Honestly, for a real conferences dynasty I wouldn't be against controlling teams from a smaller conference and trying to establish ourselves over a couple of years.

Okay so I see Frisky is thinking about the custom conferences dynasty. Is there enough interest to start a real conferences dynasty too? Do we want to focus on a specific conference if so?

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']If they're good sure. :)

I only took Alabama last year because I got fucked out of my team from the year before. I used a weaker team in my other dynasty.

Honestly, for a real conferences dynasty I wouldn't be against controlling teams from a smaller conference and trying to establish ourselves over a couple of years.[/QUOTE]

Haha, Mark Ingram was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too good last year. They should have just named him Jesus on the roster updates. I mean I was doing awesome in the dynasty with defense being my main tool. But that was all over when Ingram came to town. Stop him behind the line? No he'll carry you an additional five! Screw that guy, and this year he's on the cover.

Anyways, I won't be doing custom conferences this year but I'd be interested in a regular one. Of course I'd like Nebraska.

Hopefully there is some interest.

Hey, Id be 110% committed. College sports are more entertaining to me than professional, and Id be more than happy to do real conferences.

Of course... this all hinges on me getting to be the Badgers.... and apparently facing FrankySox in an epic 'welcome to the conference' Big Ten battle.

Well I'm thinking we're looking good for a Big Ten dynasty. Not everyone has to be in that conference, but that will be where a lot of the games will be played. Honestly, I'm not against being involved in a few if the game lets me create them.

If anyone is interested add me on XBL. I'll send a message out to my friends soon and see if there is any interest there.

If it ends up mainly being a CAG thing I'll post on here too, but I also find it works well enough to send most of the scheduling messages through Live.

Hey UltimateMattX, I am away from my Xbox for the next day or two... can you add me? Might already be on your list K1LLSBURY (its a number one)

Is this a pretty much definite? Can we make a list of everyones respective teams/gamertags so we can all add each other in anticipation of the Tuesday release?

I'll post an update on everything soon. I'm thinking custom conference seems more likely since Frisky doesn't seem to be doing that. I'm not sure though if I can run one of each or not. There isn't a big rush to decide either way because I figure I'll give it a week or so since I want to use some of the named and possibly stat corrected rosters.

Any spots left? If so I would love to be in on this. I should have the game by tomorrow.
(If there any spots left, I would like to be Louisville.)

There are still spots I believe and I think there may be a few dynasties anyway if the demand is there. I'd still like to do real conferences, but I"m not sure what everyone thinks. Do you guys mind playing against the CPU a lot if we have real conferences?

I'm thinking we can go one of three ways:

-Real conferences pick whatever team we want (more CPU games)
-We focus on one specific conference (more user games)
-Custom conferences

What do you guys prefer?

Okay just counted and factoring in a few people from my Friends List we're at 12 or 13 now, maybe 14.

SeanAmI, are you interested? I counted you, but wasn't sure.

I suppose I'll know more tomorrow. Also, I'm committed to at least 3 seasons, even if that means a lot of CPU games.

Forgive me for asking, but what is the difference between custom conferences and the other two?

Real Conferences and Specific Conferences I understand, just not custom.

[quote name='dabamus']Forgive me for asking, but what is the difference between custom conferences and the other two?

Real Conferences and Specific Conferences I understand, just not custom.[/QUOTE]

Custom conferences is where you can add any teams you want to make a conference. For example you could make a conference with Virginia Tech, USC, Notre Dame, Auburn, Texas, Miami, etc... So basically everyone could be the team they wanted to and then still play most of their games against human players because they are in the same conference.

I'm up for multiple leagues too and I won't be able to get the game until the 14th due to shipping issues with Amazon

IMO Id much rather do real conferences. Not sure how custom actually works... but would you pick a real conference and we add our teams to it? IE Big Ten conference and we vie for a Big Ten Trophy. Or is it more like a made up conference, and we vie for a generic conference champs trophy?

Im really excited to see the 3 year commitment by the OP. I was in last years offshoot dynasty and it died too quickly.

Real conferences please. Im fine with CPU games... just decide on difficulty level.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Custom conferences is where you can add any teams you want to make a conference. For example you could make a conference with Virginia Tech, USC, Notre Dame, Auburn, Texas, Miami, etc... So basically everyone could be the team they wanted to and then still play most of their games against human players because they are in the same conference.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. Thanks!

I'm only in for real conferences. Not interested in doing a custom conference this year. So I guess my vote is for real conferences. We can always schedule some users in our non conference schedule if we want.

I replied on XBLA to you but I'm in with the Spartans. I think this is the year Michigan State is actually good in the game so I might have a fighting chance to have a winning record in the first season for once.

Okay so the vote seems to be towards real conferences now and without a specific conference so we'll be playing the CPU more. That is fine with me. I would like to do both though if possible.

ruffinra, a few days is fine. I think last year I started after a few weeks because I was waiting for a custom roster. This year I think I'll start the first dynasty soon and then start another one with more updated rosters.

Here are the interested players so far:

Ultimate Matt X
pitfallharry219
FrankySox – Nebraska (R)
Steggy – Wisconsin Badgers (R)
BigAT – Rutgers
dabamus – Buckeyes
moonknight25 – USF/Northwestern
ruffinra (C)
WordLife565
gbpackers94 – Louisville (C)
XXXplosive1 – Michigan State
SeanAmI ???
lIMr NastylI (from Friends List)

C and R's are for noting conference type preference, custom and real.

I'm thinking we should do a real Big Ten and then a custom conference. We have a good player amount I think with some people not wanting to be in both types and should have a few open spots once things are a bit clearer.

I'll update the first post on here too, but I'll mainly communicate through XBL once we get started.

Also, if you know anyone that has been trouble playing online games before let me know. I don't care about little things, but if the person tries to cheat or something let me know. I want this to be fun, but also kind of realistic so if you option 99% of the time maybe this isn't for you. 80% I don't mind, but not doing one thing all the time whether it is running, passing, or whatever.

If anyone has any sliders or roster info you'd like to share/recommend let me know. Right now I'm looking at Fairdale King's rosters at Operation Sports as the first set of rosters to use. I think they edit everything except coach names.

I don't have any specific sliders I'm looking at, but I'm open to suggestions. I may just keep it to All American and 6 minutes for the first dynasty to go up and then take it from there.

EA doing another facebook promo http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/ncaa-squads

I strongly encourage anyone that has NCAA 12 to enter. Last year in the Madden Squad contest I won once as the leader of my squad (got 4 tickets to a Packer game) and won AGAIN as a member of another person's squad (he got 4 tickets to a different game). Just make sure you get FOUR people in a squad so your entry is complete.

Okay just wanted to pop in as I noticed a couple of things we now have to think about.

Do we want to create coaches or use existing for the dynasties? And we'd want no restrictions on the teams we pick right?

Also, the game only allows me to create one dynasty without paying, how should we handle this? Anyone interested in doing one type of dynasty if I handle the other?

Did anyone that preordered at Best Buy get their preorder bonus?

Hello i would like to get in it.....I was in the CAG Madden league for madden 11
If I am allowed in I would like to take West Virginia

Okay well Frisky has made a thread for a custom conference dynasty so I think I'm going to let him handle that.

So who is still down for a Big Ten and another conference dynasty? I know there was some Big East interest on here. Do we just want to open it up to any teams we want and have more CPU games? I think two conferences would be good.

As long as im Wisconsin Im down for whatever :)

When are the downloadable rosters usually available? Within a week of release?

Nvm I don't think I can handle more than one league plus madden. I retract my inquiry to be in this league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the list above, people with definite team preferences seem to be pretty divided between the Big East (3) and the Big 10 (4).

bread's done
Back