Big Fish Games $2.99 Game Deals: Murder, She Wrote & Royal Envoy

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!
Today's Big Fish $2.99 Daily Deal game is:

Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate - a match 3 game.

Click here for Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Big Fish has also started a $2.99 Catch of the Week:

Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven - A hidden object game.

Click here for Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven

Now no coupon code or Game Club membership needed. Available to everyone.

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamezebo review:

"Veteran hidden object game players who complain that the games don't challenge will find Hawaiian Explorer: Lost Island plenty challenging. They might even resort to using hints considering the dark scenes hiding objects too well and some objects don't look like what they should. The clumsy writing style, the frustrating mah jongg mini-game, and too difficult seek and find scenes will send many looking elsewhere for a tropical experience."

Pros: Interesting story. Solid visuals.

Cons: Hard to see objects. Confusing object descriptions. Not enough time. Confusing mah jongg mini-game. Awkward grammar.

Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Hawaiian Explorer 2: Lost Island

So today's deal is a pretty crappy game, but the Catch of the Week, Azada, is terrific. Today is the last day Azada will be on sale, so get it now if you want it.

Gamezebo review:

"Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe's fast-paced gameplay and the various modes will be very welcome to any time management veteran. However, if you're new to time management titles or one who likes a more relaxed kind of time management play, this title's probably not for you."

Pros: Fast-paced intense gameplay. Variety of game modes. Fun facts about the sandwich.

Cons: Little variation between levels and shop layouts. Gameplay gets easier instead of harder. Intensive time management gameplay may be too fast for some players.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe

Uhhhh...no reviews around for Wonder Pets... it is nice they saved the puppy and all, but I still can't believe this is from Activision...I guess toddlers need games, too.

As for daily game deals, the Reflexive $2.95 thread has much better games most days. Big Fish seems to be dumping out lots of crappy kids games in its daily deal since they launched their $2.99 Catch of the Week. They are promising that the weekly Catch will only be best selling high profile games...I just hope they have a better one than "Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe" next week!

I can't help it... I just have to show you the Wonder Pets game description:

"Puppy`s family is out and Puppy must get out of the house pronto to pee! Never fear, the Wonder Pets are here! First on the agenda, get the puppy out of the house to pee. Then our cute heroes and their new friend, Puppy, will spend a memorable time playing together in the backyard. Leave it to our friends to find creative and exciting ways to play with Puppy!"

A game about peeing...

Well, something is wrong with Big Fish's Daily Deal. Not sure if they are getting rid of it or just having a technical problem with it. I will check back periodically and see if they get it working again. If they do, I'll post the new game. It would be a shame for this program to end with a game about peeing!

The Catch Of The Week, Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe, is still working...

I don't see anything about it on the main page, but if you go to your account page, in the "Daily Deal" box it says "We're sorry, but there seems to be a problem with today's Deal. Please check back soon."

Yeah, same here. They are in Seattle, so it should be a few more hours before they realize the problem and fix it.

The Daily Deal is finally up...Diego's Dinosaur Adventure...and it's another kids game...sigh...I am not bothering with a review. Needless to say, there isn't a review on Gamezebo of this anyway...

I’d just like to thank you for your efforts, Otty Ott. Although there hasn't been anything that I've found of interest over the past 10 days (which is when I started watching this topic) I’m sure I’ll see something eventually. At the very least, thanks to your daily reports, I’m not sitting here wondering what I’m missing.

Thanks.

[quote name='The End']I’d just like to thank you for your efforts, Otty Ott. Although there hasn't been anything that I've found of interest over the past 10 days (which is when I started watching this topic) I’m sure I’ll see something eventually. At the very least, thanks to your daily reports, I’m not sitting here wondering what I’m missing.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

+1 I did buy a few last month.

The past 10 days have been pretty weak... it seems like they are showcasing crappy kids games since they know they have better games lined up in the Catch of the Week. We can just hope it gets better...Big Fish has run some very good games in the Daily Deal in the past, just not too many lately...

Gamezebo review:

"A catchy theme, superb play balancing and general tactical soundness do carry the day though, making this a title we don’t hesitate to recommend. Just be aware going in: It’s not nearly as instantly visually arresting or briskly moving as the sort of desktop diversion most casual enthusiasts are accustomed to. Nonetheless, as a means of bridging the gap between one of the world’s most Byzantine genres and the mainstream public, we’ll say this. It definitely makes a solid attempt to break new ground in PC gaming. Sequel, please – ASAP. "

Pros: Surprising depth. Solid play balancing. Intuitive controls. Endearing theme. Good variety of challenges, buildings and citizen types. Bonus levels to unlock.

Cons: Repetitive speech samples. Plodding pace. Considerable time commitment. Limited range of animations. Needs a big-budget visual makeover.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars; Average Player Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Forgotten Lands: First Colony

Gamezebo review:

"Overall, Cindy's Travels: Flooded Kingdom is an attractive match-3 game, with some interesting twists. The story is silly but fun, and the adjustable difficulty level makes it suitable as a family game. However, it lacks a bit of addictive value, due in part to a lack of a score or timer, and also due to repetitive gameplay with few additions as you progress. Because of this, it's probably best suited for people looking for a game to relax with or share with their kids, instead of those match-3 fans who crave a competitive challenge."

Pros: Beautiful graphics. Lots of cool visual and lighting effects. Opportunity to make large combos. Lengthy gameplay.

Cons: Light story with some awkward English. No score or timer, so minimal challenge. Repetitive.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Cindy's Travels: Flooded Kingdom

Gamezebo review:

"Cate West: The Velvet Keys beautifully shows that players should expect more from hidden object games than just a jumble of junk and a shopping list. It's a long, smart, extremely polished game that sets the standard for the genre. Developers should look on Velvet Keys with a mixture of fear and awe, because it's a yardstick by which future hidden object games should be judged. "

Pros: Long. Clever, well-designed puzzles. Inventive mini-games. Above average production values. Hidden object searches make sense in the context of the story.

Cons: Plot isn't overly friendly to new players – a synopsis of the first game would have helped.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Cate West: The Velvet Keys

This is one of the best casual games out there. If you like hidden object game like Mystery Case Files, Cate West: The Velvet Keys is one of the very best ones you can get. Great deal today!

It does help, however, to have played the first game, Cate West: The Vanishing Files, but is one sale today, too, with the Mothers Day Sale. Use coupon code: SUPERMOM to get it for 30% off.

Cate West: The Vanishing Files

Today's Big Fish $2.99 Game Of The Day is:

Everything Nice - A time management game where you run a factory that makes toys, sweets and everything nice.

Click here for Everything Nice

Use Coupon Code: E299NICE

Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe - A time management game, like Diner Dash etc.

Click here for Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe

Use Coupon Code: CATCH299

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.

Gamezebo review:

"Overall, Everything Nice seems like the kind of game that was designed for players who already have a couple of time management games under their belts. Its hectic and challenging pace will definitely appeal to the speed junkies, and at 48 levels and two modes of play (Story, and Endless Day) it's a decent length. With decent production values and a cute premise, it's definitely worth downloading the free trial to see if the gameplay suits your tastes."

Pros: Decent length. New spin on the formula. Challenging. Two modes. Trophies.

Cons: Small surface areas to click on. Clicks don't always take – especially when dragging items. Hard to remember a recipe's ingredients.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Everything Nice

Gamezebo review:

"A couple of twists await and the mystery arouses enough curiosity that you want to know what happens. Mystic Diary exhibits what hidden object fans expect in a solid game: variety of scenes, good story and crisp graphics. While not as magical as some games out there, Mystic Diary: Lost Brother puts on a good show where an hour is enough to decide if you want to stay until the end."

Pros: Challenging finds. Visual effects. Puzzle variety. Decent story.

Cons: Repetitive dialogue. No hints for puzzles. Little audio. Troublesome clicking.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Mystic Diary: Lost Brother

The Mothers Day sale is over, so it is right back to crappy kids games with Nick Jr. Bingo. At least new Catch of the Week, Mystic Diary: Lost Brother, is a decent hidden object game, one with an interesting Victorian setting.

Gamezebo review:

"Similar to Dream Chronicles and Alabama Smith in Escape from Pompeii, Secret Missions is one of those games that's not quite a hidden object game and not quite an adventure game, but instead is somewhere in between. During each of the 14 levels you'll search rooms for items from a list based on their silhouettes that can be added to your inventory and used to solve puzzles elsewhere in the scene. (Such as using electrical tape to repair faulty wiring.) These aren't "hidden objects" per se, but some of them are quite miniscule or partially obscured so they're a little harder to find."

Pros: Fun color and decoding mini-games. Spy theme.

Cons: Interface not as user-friendly as other adventure games. Dress-up section can seem arbitrary. Grammar and spelling issues.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Secret Missions: Mata Hari and the Kaiser's Submarines

Gamezebo review:

"Once you've completed the 80 levels of Burger Shop's story mode, there's still a whole lot of game left. You can go back and try to get a Perfect score in every level, or try the next 80 levels of Expert Story Mode. Or you could switch to Challenge Mode and see how much money you can earn per level, or try Relax Mode, where the customers never leave so you can serve them at your leisure. All-in-all there are 96 trophies to add to your virtual case across all the modes.Burger Shop isn't the first burger-themed game to come out, and it likely won't be the last, but it's a game that's definitely worth sinking your teeth into."

Pros: Funny. More than 60 shop upgrades and 80 levels. High replayability. Good pacing and challenge. Excellent production values.

Cons: Some of the burgers are too similar looking.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read Gamezebo's review of Burger Shop

There is no review of Laxius Force on Gamezebo. However, I did find a good review at RPGFan.com:

"Laxius Force is a great RPG at a great price and what more could you want? It's tough to say no to a 35+ hour RPG with as much, if not more, text/dialogue than some RPGs from major developers that only costs $15. Definitely take a moment to browse the game's official site and check out Laxius Force, the Laxius Power games, and the other content the developers have produced, such as their print novels and non-Laxius RPG Blades of Heaven. I hope that the ambitions of Aldorlea Games are fully realized and that Laxius becomes an underground epic series that could potentially rival Square Enix's SaGa series."

Graphics: 83% Sound: 83% Gameplay: 85% Control: 90% Story: 83% Overall: 84%

Nice review, but instead of $15, it is only $2.99 today.

[quote name='Otty Ott']There is no review of Laxius Force on Gamezebo. However, I did find a good review at RPGFan.com:

"Laxius Force is a great RPG at a great price and what more could you want? It's tough to say no to a 35+ hour RPG with as much, if not more, text/dialogue than some RPGs from major developers that only costs $15. Definitely take a moment to browse the game's official site and check out Laxius Force, the Laxius Power games, and the other content the developers have produced, such as their print novels and non-Laxius RPG Blades of Heaven. I hope that the ambitions of Aldorlea Games are fully realized and that Laxius becomes an underground epic series that could potentially rival Square Enix's SaGa series."

Graphics: 83% Sound: 83% Gameplay: 85% Control: 90% Story: 83% Overall: 84%

Nice review, but instead of $15, it is only $2.99 today.[/QUOTE]

Tempted to go back to bigfishgames for this game BUT i havent even played any of the aveyond games i download from shock yet :) BUT for 3 bucks how can you pass it up

Its too bad sony or nintendo wouldnt make an add on where you can play PC games on your handheld

[quote name='doodofdoods']Laxius Power 1-3 are prequels to this game and are freeware. I'd try them out first before buying Laxius Force.[/QUOTE]

too bad bigfishgames didnt have all 3 parts in 1 for say 6.99 but BFG dont even carry them...and dont feel like going to a 3rd party and getting a nasty bug

[quote name='Otty Ott']Today's Big Fish $2.99 Game Of The Day is:

Laxius Force - A Japanese-style role-playing game.

Click here for Laxius Force

Use Coupon Code: 4248

Mystic Diary: Lost Brother - A hidden object game

Click here for Mystic Diary: Lost Brother

Use Coupon Code: CATCH299

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.[/QUOTE]

I know I'm probably missing something here but I can't get the Laxius Force coupon code to work. The site keeps telling me that it is an invalid coupon code.

[quote name='RColaUAB']I know I'm probably missing something here but I can't get the Laxius Force coupon code to work. The site keeps telling me that it is an invalid coupon code.[/QUOTE]

299LAXIUS

The game # (4248) was being posted on the page for some reason.

Gamezebo review:

"They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and it's only natural that when a cool game design concept comes along (like combining match three and restaurant management), other developers will jump on it and add their own unique twists to take it in new directions. Pizza Chef swaps burgers for pizza, introduces the placing of pizzas on a grid lit up by matching ingredients, and adds hidden object bonus rounds. However, the passionless and derivative way these twists are implemented leaves a whole lot to be desired."

Pros: Customers cash out automatically. Different pizza sizes. Geometry-based puzzles.

Cons: Borrows heavily and blatantly from Burger Rush. Sub-par sound effects. Illogical power-ups and side dishes. Lacks character.

Rating: 1.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Pizza Chef

I was going to jump on yesterdays DEAL OF THE DAY but found out YOU need to be a member to buy these games

Meaning

you need to spend 6.99 to become a member and then you can buy the game for 2.99

too bad they wouldnt allow you just to grab the games at 2.99 each

bread's done
Back