Big Lots Anime DVDs

Maybe connected to the Best Buy anime restructuring, but my local Big Lots... one of them at least, got a whole load of anime DVDs in priced at $4. Among them

Trinity Blood vol 2
Afro Samurai (Spike)
Dragon Ball Z: Broly 1
Witchblade Vol 3 (In some sort of folded case)
A One Piece Movie (Something to do with a princess)

Other titles noted vaguely:
Robotech
School Rumble

Note that there was nothing even resembling a complete collection. Trinity Blood was only volume 2 for instance.

I also made off with In Good Company.

Other than Casshern and Ringu, I didn't see any of the other stuff. Shipments at my store usually come in on Sunday or Tuesday, so I may check it out today.

[quote name='jfs_87']I know this is asking a lot, but can someone travel to Big Lots for me and pick up a few things? My email is [email protected]. My "local" Big Lots is over 25 miles away and I doubt I would see anything good. If I can only get one thing, that would be the Kaze No Stigma set, but if you know if they have any good stuff, tell me please. I'll pay for shipping and everything.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brian9824']If anyone could snag me a Kaze no Stigma season 1 part 1, Robotech Shadow Chronicles 2 disc collector's edition
, or Sasami Season 1 that would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

I can check again. My closest Big Lots had some extra Kaze No Stigma. Not sure about Robotech or Sasami though.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I went to five stores. Swing and a miss. I'm hoping they come in next week's truck.[/QUOTE]

Anything else you are interested in besides Jing? I'm going to try to check out Big Lots again today. Happy birthday BTW.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Other than Casshern and Ringu, I didn't see any of the other stuff. Shipments at my store usually come in on Sunday or Tuesday, so I may check it out today.[/QUOTE]

Our store has sucked ass, believe me, I keep checking. No good bottled teas left even. Communists hit our store.

[quote name='georox']Our store has sucked ass, believe me, I keep checking. No good bottled teas left even. Communists hit our store.[/QUOTE]
Yeah , pretty much. Then again, it's not like I even have time to watch anime anymore lol.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Yeah , pretty much. Then again, it's not like I even have time to watch anime anymore lol.[/QUOTE]

I caught up on most of my backlog... haven't watched anything in months though. About to start getting rid of stuff, if I remember I'll drop you a PM or something before I do. Need the shelf space back on series I won't rewatch.

Went to my local Big Lots last night and they were wiped out. I hope I can get out to other Big Lots, but the next nearest one is 30 miles away and the next after that is 40 miles away.

When to my Big Lots last week, looks like they got a huge shipment of Paramount/Dreamworks movies for $3, but no Animes, I did snag Casshern Live Action Movie for $3, so it wasn't a trip wasted. I'll most likely run back and check it out today.

Hit 3 different Big Lots today. Struck out at two of them. Didn't find too much at the last one but here's what I did pick up:

Afro Samurai
DBZ Super Android 13/Bojack Unbound (Steel case)
Kaze no Stigma
Kodocha Vol. 1
Sasami Magical Girls Club Vol. 1
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles Vol. 6 (cracked corner on case though)

Still one more I haven't hit. Might try tomorrow before work.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Yeah , pretty much. Then again, it's not like I even have time to watch anime anymore lol.[/QUOTE]

Was at Big Lots again last night... nothing. 1 copy of Ringu, left it. No anime. Bunch of terrible movies.

I bought 15 different animes today and they rang up at $2.50 each instead of the $3 the price tag says. (Under each item on the receipt, it says Deal Discount Amt -0.50) Works for me.

Finally got to Big Lots tonight. Picked up Aquarion and Kaze no Stigma. They didn't have anything else that interested me.

Seems that some people found Coyote Ragtime Show. If anyone else scores an extra copy, contact me!

[quote name='addicted2games']I bought 15 different animes today and they rang up at $2.50 each instead of the $3 the price tag says. (Under each item on the receipt, it says Deal Discount Amt -0.50) Works for me.[/QUOTE]

it's 4 for $10 on all the $3 dvds. i didn't pick up any anime, but picked up some National Lampoon movies i wouldn't pay more than a few bucks for. cheap laughs.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Hit 3 different Big Lots today. Struck out at two of them. Didn't find too much at the last one but here's what I did pick up:

Afro Samurai
DBZ Super Android 13/Bojack Unbound (Steel case)
Kaze no Stigma
Kodocha Vol. 1
Sasami Magical Girls Club Vol. 1
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles Vol. 6 (cracked corner on case though)

Still one more I haven't hit. Might try tomorrow before work.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Kodocha Vol. 2 for my wife last year. I hope they get in the first one this year since my vol. 2 is still in shrink.

In case this wasn't already confirmed, once you hit the four movie threshold, any other 3.00 movie you get will be 2.50, even if you don't have multiples of four movies. I confirmed this by buying 5 movies, all of which were 2.50 a piece.

Also, holy anime! I snagged pretty much every anime listed here that wasn't a single volume plus a couple of live action JP movies-- Synthesisa and Genghis Khan.

Picked up four more today:

Dragonball Z Cooler's Revenge
Devil May Cry Vol 2
Jing King of Bandits Seventh Heaven
One Piece Desert Princess and the Pirates

damn i'm so jealous that a lot of you found all these dbz steelbooks lol. I checked like 2 months ago and only found the trunks/bardock set and some asshole damaged the casing too :(. Should i go check my big lots again? I wasn't aware they actually get new shipments.

[quote name='ferzan']damn i'm so jealous that a lot of you found all these dbz steelbooks lol. I checked like 2 months ago and only found the trunks/bardock set and some asshole damaged the casing too :(. Should i go check my big lots again? I wasn't aware they actually get new shipments.[/QUOTE]Yeah, it's definitely worth a look. I check out my local Big Lots once a week. If you don't know when they restock their DVD's try going in a few times a week until you notice that the DVD selection looks fresh(new cardboard tray, titles you didn't see before, etc). You should be able to narrow down what day they restock. Hit them up on that day to get the best of the new titles they get.

DBZ Steelbooks are rather rare to find at Big Lots. You can go months on end without seeing them. Try using the strategy from above to improve your odds of finding them.:cool:

Went to Big Lots today. Bought DBZ Super Android 13/Bojack Unbound Steelbook (Perfect Condition!)

They also had:

Devil May Cry Vol 2
DBZ Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan
Samurai 7- Ep 9-12

Hopefully I'll be able to check the other Big Lots around town and get some more deals.

I might check this for School Rumble, thanks OP of one year ago!

Thanks for the tip. I went to the BL near me and they had about 10 movies and thats it. Id never gone in it but it looked like a flea market threw up. They had about 10 movies and a couple dozen wii and ds games and that was it for media stuff.

[quote name='shadowkast']search before you post please[/QUOTE]

Just stop. We have enough forum nazis on here already just looking and praying for a excuse to jump in a thread and say that then leave.

It would be different if this was on the past couple pages but it isnt. Dont discourage people from posting deals on here because without them doing so then this site wouldnt be worth a shit. Were here to share.

I would love to buy an extra of Afro Sam & Coyote Ragtime if anyone gets duplicates. PA Big Lots stores still have Steamboy & Memories for our anime selections. We're a loooong way off.

I checked my Big Lots tonight and didn't find much DVD wise except for one thing that might be relevant to some of your interests. Big Lots had season 1 of EXO Squad for $8. Great show from back in the day. They also had season 2 of Coach. Didn't buy either one. Just Puzzle Quest for the PC for $4 and two bags of Pepe's Duros De Harina Chili and Lime chips at $.80 each. Jesus, those things are good!

[quote name='gargus']Just stop. We have enough forum nazis on here already just looking and praying for a excuse to jump in a thread and say that then leave.

It would be different if this was on the past couple pages but it isnt. Dont discourage people from posting deals on here because without them doing so then this site wouldnt be worth a shit. Were here to share.[/QUOTE]

/\ This, I was about to post the same. So sick of seeing anyone jumping on new posters...It's somewhat like biting the hand that feeds, but more stupid...And less painful.

[quote name='mj1984']Oh wow, just shut the hell up. I just don't understand how some of the people on this board can discourage others posting deals. The old big lots post is waay down the list by now. There's absolutely no reason to bump that old post. All these titles he mentioned are new to big lots anyway. Thanks OP for letting us know what you found.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Nothing like some filthy frigging know-it-all acting like Board Mom.

My local BL store rearranged themselves so now they have a whole section devoted to TV Season boxsets. Alot of old stuff we've seen b4 like Dukes of Hazzard, Joey, Fear Factor. But they had 4 new titles that I believe are new. They were all $8

The Starter Wife
Coach S2
Invisible Man S1
Magnum PI S7

A few new titles I bought at my Big Lots today. Got Sasami season 2, Project Blue Earth SOS complete, and the Full Metal Alchemist movie (Shambala).

Last edited by a moderator:
I was lucky to find it. I didn't think Big Lots was going to re-stock and I just happened to be in that area of town for something else so I figured I'd go in and check. They also have volume 4 of Claymore, volume 7 and 8 of Tsubasa, volume 6 of Shuffle, and Afro Samurai Ressurection (Spike TV version).

I'm going to be putting my list of extra stuff I got up for trade soon. Brian9824, I sent a PM over a week ago but I haven't heard from you. Do you still want to to trade? If not let me know. Thanks.

@GuilewasNK: Were Sasami Season 2 and Project Blue Earth SOS Complete $3 like the first season of Sasami or did they get bumped up to $8 like EXO Squad Season 1 was priced at?

[quote name='BlueSwim']@GuilewasNK: Were Sasami Season 2 and Project Blue Earth SOS Complete $3 like the first season of Sasami or did they get bumped up to $8 like EXO Squad Season 1 was priced at?[/QUOTE]

They were $3 at my store.

Found something new:
Gross Pointe entire series (17 episodes) 3.00

I heard good things so I picked it up. Not an anime, but since this is a Big Lots thread I'll post it here.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Found something new:
Gross Pointe entire series (17 episodes) 3.00

I heard good things so I picked it up. Not an anime, but since this is a Big Lots thread I'll post it here.[/QUOTE]

Saw that today, but skipped it. I hope it's still there next time :/

No new anime at local big lots except for Cyborg 009 and One other title.

This topic always depresses me. When I hear about a new title, I want to drive the 30 miles to Big Lots and when I do get the motivation, I never find anything.

Anyways, if anyone missed out on Aquarion, I'd be willing to trade it for something else (it's open though)

[quote name='TempestPSO']Just at my Big lots today and found Heat Guy J the complete series for $3 its $45 at best buy lol.[/QUOTE]

Damn you Tempest! Cite your source ;)

Lol Indeed, mbartholow tipped me off that it was there, Searched the rest of the lot Mike and nothing else really stood out. Joe is gonna check some other local BLs and see what his finds are. I did pick up a $3 dvd of some Heathcliff the cat episodes. Good Shit

Wow, awesome. I found Heat J Guy series too (I've heard good things, and you cannot beat 26 episodes of anime for 3.00) Also got Sasami part 2, another DBZ steelbook, Project Blue Earth, Aquarion Part 2 Tokyo Majin part 1, and the second Afro Samurai (Spike TV edition) I am very happy, but worried that this store may have had more possibilities to pick up since everything I got they only had one of. Unless they had a really tiny anime shipment. Good job Big Lots, fantastic deals on Anime.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Wow, awesome. I found Heat J Guy series too (I've heard good things, and you cannot beat 26 episodes of anime for 3.00) Also got Sasami part 2, another DBZ steelbook, Project Blue Earth, Aquarion Part 2 Tokyo Majin part 1, and the second Afro Samurai (Spike TV edition) I am very happy, but worried that this store may have had more possibilities to pick up since everything I got they only had one of. Unless they had a really tiny anime shipment. Good job Big Lots, fantastic deals on Anime.[/QUOTE]

For the anime dvd's, were the sku # 550014209 ?

[quote name='Veronica Mars']For the anime dvd's, were the sku # 550014209 ?[/QUOTE]
It's called "DVD Video Anime April"

So, what are you getting at... could I call a Big Lots, and have them do a SKU check for their store to see if they have any of this SKU in stock? That will make the hunt much easier and apparently this new batch of Anime has a different SKU...

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Wow, awesome. I found Heat J Guy series too (I've heard good things, and you cannot beat 26 episodes of anime for 3.00) Also got Sasami part 2, another DBZ steelbook, Project Blue Earth, Aquarion Part 2 Tokyo Majin part 1, and the second Afro Samurai (Spike TV edition) I am very happy, but worried that this store may have had more possibilities to pick up since everything I got they only had one of. Unless they had a really tiny anime shipment. Good job Big Lots, fantastic deals on Anime.[/QUOTE]

Awesome!

I went to my closest Big Lots last night and all they had was DBZ Bardock so I bought that.

bread's done
Back