Big Lots Anime DVDs

Maybe connected to the Best Buy anime restructuring, but my local Big Lots... one of them at least, got a whole load of anime DVDs in priced at $4. Among them

Trinity Blood vol 2
Afro Samurai (Spike)
Dragon Ball Z: Broly 1
Witchblade Vol 3 (In some sort of folded case)
A One Piece Movie (Something to do with a princess)

Other titles noted vaguely:
Robotech
School Rumble

Note that there was nothing even resembling a complete collection. Trinity Blood was only volume 2 for instance.

I also made off with In Good Company.

[quote name='TempestPSO']Lol Indeed, mbartholow tipped me off that it was there, Searched the rest of the lot Mike and nothing else really stood out. Joe is gonna check some other local BLs and see what his finds are. I did pick up a $3 dvd of some Heathcliff the cat episodes. Good Shit[/QUOTE]

Heathcliff quality but off-topic :D Here's what's been seen out in the wild.

Anime List from WTK on DVDTalk Forums:
Big Lots (B&M / YMMV) - Latest $3 Recent FUNimation Round-up
  • Aquarion: Complete Collection, Part 1
  • Aquarion: Complete Collection, Part 2
  • Coyote Ragtime Show: Complete Collection
  • Heat Guy J: Complete Collection
  • Jing, King of Bandits: Seventh Heaven
  • Kaze no Stigma: Complete Collection, Part 1
  • Moeyo Ken (TV): Complete Collection
  • Project Blue Earth SOS: Complete Collection
  • Sasami: Season 1 Collection
  • Sasami: Season 2 Collection
  • Tokyo Majin: Complete Collection, Part 1

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']

So, what are you getting at... could I call a Big Lots, and have them do a SKU check for their store to see if they have any of this SKU in stock? That will make the hunt much easier and apparently this new batch of Anime has a different SKU...[/QUOTE]

I tried this, and it didn't work. Most stores refused to do it, the one that did, said they had 60. When I went, nothing was found. Manager said the systems are always inaccurate.

I did call one store and they were hesitant at first and then did it for me. They said they had 47 on hand. I went and they probably had like 30 of these at the most. Maybe some are in the back waiting to be put out when there's space.

Also today I grabbed Hana: Tale of a Reluctant Samurai. Another live action film under the Funimation banner. Looked interesting, and I wanted my trip out to Big Lots to be justified.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I did call one store and they were hesitant at first and then did it for me. They said they had 47 on hand. I went and they probably had like 30 of these at the most. Maybe some are in the back waiting to be put out when there's space.

Also today I grabbed Hana: Tale of a Reluctant Samurai. Another live action film under the Funimation banner. Looked interesting, and I wanted my trip out to Big Lots to be justified.[/QUOTE]

Lucky :/ Maybe different system? I was disappointed though that I couldn't find anything anime/anime-related.

Both local Big Lots had no anime, except for Memoir or Memories. I forgot which one.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Also today I grabbed Hana: Tale of a Reluctant Samurai. Another live action film under the Funimation banner. Looked interesting, and I wanted my trip out to Big Lots to be justified.[/QUOTE]

That's the way I am. I had little interest in Bardock, but you really can't beat these $3 DVDs at Big Lots. I just wish they were organized better, but I guess if they were the anime would be gone even faster.

Are there any of these that are better than the others? Are there any that people are having trouble finding? I have class on Tuesdays and have to pass 3 ghetto Big Lots locations... They're where I found the bulk of my Warner Bros $3 DVDs back in the day. I'll keep my eyes open for any of these and pass them along.

Went to my Big Lots yesterday, they had a few anime titles mixed in with all bazillion DVD's. Some Tsubasa, Claymore, Negima, Devil May Cry, DBZ and a few other with some movies like Casshern, Steamboy, and Memories. Until I get paid I could only get two.....Vexille & Afro Samurai: Ressurection

I was looking for Heat Guy J: Complete Series for $3 but no luck. Anyone who sees a extra copy of that, or Speedgrapher 2, 5 & 7 at Big Lots, pick them up and i'll pay ya via Paypal to ship them to me.

Grabbed Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence for $5 and Creature Comforts USA for $3 today at Big Lots Indiana PA, bummed not to see Afro Samurai or other anime.

I'm looking for Heat Guy J: The Complete Series, I have for trade Baccano! Volume 2, FullMetal Alchemist The Movie Conqueror of Shamballa, and Sasami* Magical Girl Club: Season 2. I'll also pay in paypal if I don't have anything your looking for trade.
*Edit I'm able to get Exo Squad Season 1, Devil May Cry (forgot which volume they had), Tsubasa (forgot which volume they had), Cyborg 009 - The Battle Beginshttp://www.amazon.com/Cyborg-009-Ba...ef=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1272264806&sr=8-3

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Curiousgeorge']I'm looking for Heat Guy J: The Complete Series, I have for trade Baccano! Volume 2, FullMetal Alchemist The Movie Conqueror of Shamballa, and Sasami* Magical Girl Club: Season 2. I'll also pay in paypal if I don't have anything your looking for trade.[/QUOTE]

Is there a trade thread specifically for big lots? or do we just post our wants/trades here?

Wish I had known earlier, my local Big Lots (Concord, CA) had 2 copies of Heat Guy J. I wanted season one of Sasami, but I only found season two. They also had some DBZ movies, and steelbooks. And, a few volumes of Tsubasa. But, besides that, they were wiped out.

No anime at the nearby Big Lots. Had a very awful experience there when I was going to buy a game they had at a frighteningly low price but then they didn't end up having the disc. Kinda retarded when you have multiple cases advertising the game when you don't really have it. I knew it was too good to be true.

Would love to find some claymore dvd's. The only thing I saw at my big lots was several copies of Ghost In the Shell Innocence and Hell Girl Vol.6. Was looking for the heat guy J. I Have it already but its those big 2 part box copies. I need to sell those and get that slimmer pack for more anime room. Both my Big Lots have been ugh.

My Big Lots hasn't had any Anime this month beyond a few random volumes that have been sitting there a while. It really doesn't look like they've restocked much the last few weeks. Just a couple of $8 box sets and some new movies.

Yo Masterkyo if your Big Lots have another Heat Guy J set can you pick me up one? I would trade you for it, or I'll pay you via PayPal.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']I'm gonna make one more run to the store tomorrow in hopes that a shipment will finally come in. If not, I give up. =/[/QUOTE]

I gave up on the store, only thing they have is Rumba.

Went to a Big Lots 30 miles out from where I lived, and only came back with SpeedGrapher Vol.5 $3.

All I need now is SpeedGrapher Vol.2 & Heat Guy J: Complete Series.

Anyone find these at their Big Lots and is willing to ship them to me. I'll pay ya via Paypal.

checked out my local BL again today. I saw few copies speed graphers (not sure which volume), devil may cry v. 2, couple dragon ball Z. That's all GUY :(

I hit up my local Big Lots not expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. Found: Heat Guy J, Tokyo Majin Vol. 1, Sasami season 2, DBZ 2 movie tin, and Project Blue Earth SOS, all for $3 each. Most of these were all they had, no extra copies. Gonna check out another BL later. :)

Got Aquarion Part 2, and a DBZ steelbook.
I wasn't keeping up with this thread, so it was a nice surprise when I saw these lol

Possibly going to another big lots today... not expecting to find much of anything. But, i'm lucky enough to live in an area where there are about 18 stores, in a 50 mile area from where I currently live. So, i'll update people on what I find, later today.

[quote name='Curiousgeorge']Yo Masterkyo if your Big Lots have another Heat Guy J set can you pick me up one? I would trade you for it, or I'll pay you via PayPal.[/QUOTE]

I second this, I've been to 2 stores 4 times and still no Heat Guy J...

I'm still looking for Heat Guy J: The Complete Series, I have for trade Baccano! Volume 2, FullMetal Alchemist The Movie Conqueror of Shamballa, and Sasami* Magical Girl Club: Season 2. I'll also pay in paypal if I don't have anything your looking for trade.

I went to Big Lots today managed to pick up the following
Saber Marionette J: Volume 1
Tokyo Majin: Part one: Dark Arts Chapter

I'm able to get the following
IGPX: Volume 6
Tsubasa:Volume 7
Tsubasa:Volume 10
.hack//sign:Volume 6 Limited Edition
Devil May Cry: Volume 3
The Mummy: The Animated Series: Volume 1-3
The Mummy: Quest for the Lost Scrolls
Speed Grapher: Forget which volume they had
Exo Squad Season 1
Cyborg 009 - The Battle Begins

PM me if you have Heat Guy J and I have something of interest that you want to trade for.

[quote name='Curiousgeorge']I'm still looking for Heat Guy J: The Complete Series, I have for trade Baccano! Volume 2, FullMetal Alchemist The Movie Conqueror of Shamballa, and Sasami* Magical Girl Club: Season 2. I'll also pay in paypal if I don't have anything your looking for trade.

I went to Big Lots today managed to pick up the following
Saber Marionette J: Volume 1
Tokyo Majin: Part one: Dark Arts Chapter

I'm able to get the following
IGPX: Volume 6
Tsubasa:Volume 7
Tsubasa:Volume 10
.hack//sign:Volume 6 Limited Edition
Devil May Cry: Volume 3
The Mummy: The Animated Series: Volume 1-3
The Mummy: Quest for the Lost Scrolls
Speed Grapher: Forget which volume they had
Exo Squad Season 1
Cyborg 009 - The Battle Begins

PM me if you have Heat Guy J and I have something of interest that you want to trade for.[/QUOTE]

Can't find extra copy.

Haven't been able to get to my local BigLots, but I hope to be near there next Saturday. If I find more than one copy of Heat Guy J, I'll definitely pick it up for some trading action. =)

Just picked up Heat guy J boxset, Aquarion Part 2, and Tokyo majin part one.

I am going to check out another store tomorrow will pick up any extra of heat guy j if I find them.

What I am looking for:
Sasami part 1
Aquarion Part 1 (if they were at any stores)
Tokyo majin part 2 (also if they are released at anyone's store.)

Went a bit crazy and hit 5 or so Big Lots earlier today. Just got home and this is what I scored for myself.

Afro Samurai Ressurection (Spike Version) eh...for $3 it's still not bad I say
Devil May Cry Level 3
Dragonball Z Bardock The Father of Goku
Dragonball Z Broly Second Coming
Dragonball Z Dead Zone/World's Strongest Steel book
Dragonball Z History of Trunks
Dragonball Z Return of Cooler
Heat Guy J Complete Series
Memories
ProjectBlue Earth SOS Complete Series
Sasami Magical Girls Club Season 2
Tekkonkinkreet
Tokyo Maijin Part One
Tsubasa Vol. 7 & 8
Vexille
Yu-Gi-Oh GX King of Copycats (some of my fave episodes on it)

I'm sure it's been answered before, but why don't people post their location? I know it would help people by saving them a trip if everything's gone.

Just Wondering......

Oh...I like to remain anonymous about my location but I'll say it this time. I cover the Northern area of Denver so yeah...I'm in Colorado.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I'm sure it's been answered before, but why don't people post their location? I know it would help people by saving them a trip if everything's gone.

Just Wondering......[/QUOTE]
Because we don't want you to stalk us. =P

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I'm sure it's been answered before, but why don't people post their store location? I know it would help people by saving them a trip if everything's gone.

Just Wondering......[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

I meant Store Location :)

Someone jacks all the anime from my store. I happen to be there one night right as they were closing, and scored as previously posted, but every other time all the animes picked clean minus the Cyborg 009 that's been there for over 100 years.

[quote name='Makaveli_The_Don']Is there any coupons (like 20% off, etc) for Big Lots out there right now?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I know a couple of months ago I signed up for a Big Lots card (like a rewards type card) and got 20% my purchase that day. I don't know if they still have that going on though.

If anyone finds a spare Aquarion part 2, Tokyo Majin Part 1, or DBZ World's Strongest Steelbook let me know if you want to work out a trade.

I have some extras to trade, including Coyote Ragtime Show complete, Moeyo Ken complete, Sasami 1 and 2, Vexille, Jing King, One Piece Movie, Robotech Shadow Chroniclews Limited, and a few others.

Hey, I'm gonna update my trade-list soon with my some older stuff. They are random volumes that I wanted to see if any of you want them before I list them somewhere else.

Nothing from the new batch. Just FYI.

- Updated. Some Random Stuff.

I'm located in the St. Pete/Clearwater, Florida, area, and I scavange many of the local Big Lots stores periodically. In case this helps anyone,

The Tarpon Springs store has the biggest DVD inventory in the area by far. This one gets new anime shipments.

The Gunn Highway & South Belcher Road stores have a normal sized DVD inventory and get new shipments.

The 58th Street store has a small DVD inventory but seems to get new anime shipments pretty regularly.

The Hillsborough Avenue & South Missouri Avenue stores have small/normal sized inventories and seem to sometimes get new anime discs.

The Starkey Road store has a large DVD inventory but seems to rarely get new anime. As of today, this store still had some Gundam Seed, Planetes, and Di-Gi-Charat Nyo discs.

The New Port Richey store is worthless: tiny DVD inventory that's never refreshed.

I haven't been to the 34th Street store in a while, so I don't know what it's like.

That NPR store does suck. The Tarpon Springs store you mention is the next closest but that's a hike for cheap anime. If it's not to much trouble could you let me know if they have Aquarion part 2, Sasami 2 or Heat Guy J?

Not sure what Tarpon Springs has available right now, but I have seen Sasami seasons 1 & 2 and Aquarion part 2 there. I haven't seen Heat Guy J at any of the Pinellas, Florida area stores.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Someone jacks all the anime from my store. I happen to be there one night right as they were closing, and scored as previously posted, but every other time all the animes picked clean minus the Cyborg 009 that's been there for over 9000 years.[/QUOTE]

Someone does that to mine, too, only they leave the Panda-Z and IGPX volumes. I'd really like to get there first some day and goal tend the shit out of those racks.

Okay...gonna bump this seeing as I just scouted and found new stuff. Hit five stores after work. Sadly only one of the five actually got anything new (New in sense that I've never seen them before). Let's see here, this is what I got:

Baccano! Vol. 2 (Already had one from awhile back)
Basilisk Vol. 1
Big Windup! Part 2 (Wish I could have found part one thought, whatever though)
Black Cat Vol. 1
Darker Than Black Vol. 2 (One day I'll look for one)
Desert Punk Vol. 1
Jyu-Oh-Sei Planet of the Beast King Complete Series
Tenchi Muyo GXP: New Illusions Vol. 4 (Honestly I should have skipped but whatever)

Got all for $3 each so not bad.

bread's done
Back