Biggest CAG Shopping News 2007

It is definitely the PS3 pricedrop. The Xbox 360 now has more competition not only because they are pretty similar graphically, but now with Blu-ray looking to win the format way, it will be the cheapest Blu-ray player out there.

My nomination: PS3 pricedrop

The E3 PS3 Price Drop and numerous that jumped on the Amazon deal w/free Blu-ray and remote
Microsoft's Three Year Red Ring Warranty for the 360 (Microsoft admits there's a problem with 360s)
Rock Band pricing + feud with Activision over PS3 compatibility patch

[quote name='G-Nitro']PS3 Price Drop.[/quote]

I agree, the only reason I have one now. With the sonystyle $100 off as well.:applause:

Wii still being sold out. No one saw it coming this year, but I don't think I've seen more than a couple on shelves in all of 2007.

Have to go with MS warranty extension over the E3 PS3 price drop restructuring, tricking everyone into thinking the price actually dropped only to actually drop it later.

Yeah, I also gotta go for the Introduction of the PS3 at $400 (PS3 price drop), this is the thing that also probably had a big impact on the Blu-Ray / HD-DVD war with the studios switching sides too.....which later on can have more impact if by some magical chance X360 gets a BD-Rom in there, then lets see (X-Box 360 BDROM versions in addition to Regular DVD versions)...I can see it now, it is gonna be like the Genesis/32X all over again....(but I don't predict this until 2009/2010 prolly...(Yes, I know a super long shot, but just sayin...)

So,

PS3 price drop to $399.99

[quote name='LiK']Amazon DotDs, nothing else had affected my buying habits[/quote]

I couldn't have said it better myself

M$ 3 Red Ring Warranty for the 360. It saved my cheap ass from shelling out money for a new 360 that wil probably burn out again anyway.

Well, since countless threads still pop up in the "Deals" section for Wii available at MSRP (or even in forced bundles, on occassion), I have to go with "continued Wii shortage".

Now that nomination means I'm trolling and trying to provoke users with "Mario" in their username, right? I must really hate the Wii for this mention, no? "That dastardly dwarf...at it again! Why I oughtta...!"

[quote name='chasemurata']Microsoft announcing an extended warranty for the latest batches of their 360.

^[/quote]

I nominate that too.

[quote name='msdmoney']I would go with the Wii still being unavailable. We still get threads about the Wii just being in stock at full MSRP.[/QUOTE]

That's got my vote, too. I never would've guessed that more than a year after launch I still haven't seen a Wii on a store shelf. Nor would I have guessed that I would've encountered so many gray-hairs in video game sections asking for a Wii.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's a tie between MS doing the 3-year warranty on the RROD and the PS3 pricing/SKU fiasco.[/quote]

I go with this one as well.

bread's done
Back